PDA

View Full Version : hello

ManaLishi
05-08-13, 02:00
Hello im running the latest version of Vix 3.0 on my Vu+ solo box and its great but one problem im having, when i pull the plug on the box i lose all my EPG data so i have to download every morning its becoming a real pain. Don't like to leave box on over night, Does anybody know why its doing this and maybe a way to stop it losing the epg data thanks

Larry-G
05-08-13, 06:44
How are you closing the receiver down ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 06:51
An STB is a computer: pulling the plug will not allow the box to save any data and if done often enough you'll end up with physical damage as well.
Best way is to use deep sleep; tgat way all will be fine and powerconsumption will be <1W.
You can easily achieve this by:
1- setting the short-power button to immediately shutdown, and
2- every timer you have set 'after event' to 'auto'

From now on your box will always be in minimal powerconsumption, while all recordings and other actions you may have set are working fine. A drawback might be, that on activating the box you'll have to await the boot time (which is depending on the hard- and software).

ManaLishi
08-08-13, 21:01
i have done a couple of these boxes with this image and this is the only one that seems to lose the EPG every time : /
might reflash it

Larry-G
08-08-13, 22:49
i have done a couple of these boxes with this image and this is the only one that seems to lose the EPG every time : /
might reflash it

Once again, how are you closing the receiver down ?.