PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] cant enter numbers on position setup menu

no23
04-08-13, 21:16
anyone know how to do it

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 21:50
Did you set the tunerconfiguration to USALS?

no23
04-08-13, 22:05
yes its on usals
my problem is when I go from sat to sat it doesn't go to the correct position, so have to go in positioner setup and fine tune then I can save the position with memory index 1
when I go to next sat and want to put at memory index 2 but theres no way of changing the 1

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 22:08
So that's the problem then. You either use USALS or stored positions.

no23
04-08-13, 22:12
so theres no way I can store diff sats then as the usals is off
also underneath where it says goto 000 you cant enter there either

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 22:15
GoTo xxx is a USALS command.
Not sure about storing positions at numbers, but isn't it required to allocate the numbers first in the tunerconfig?

Why don't you use USALS?

no23
04-08-13, 22:30
I am using USALS but its not stopping at the sat
for example when Im on 19.0e and want to watch jsc on 13.0e I goto channel then the dish moves but it doesn't stop at the right position
so I have to go into positioner setup and then use fine tune to find the sat, once I do and get the highest snr (85%) I want to be able to save it, but it only lets me save one sat and doesn't goto memory index 2.
and also while I have fine tuned to the highest snr,i then have to switch to single satellite as if I change channels from jsc 1 to 2 while still on USALS the motor moves from where I have fine tuned it to the set position which is wrong.
so instead of doing that all the time I was wanting to enter my fave sats into memory 1-10 or whatever

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 05:40
Using USALS you can't save any position; the box calculates it.
If you want to use stored positions, you should disable USALS.

But using USALS some correction can be done; if your tuned to a satellite and find the SNR getting better on moving the dish East, you can move your own position a bit to the West.
Be aware that it is crucial for the pole to be exactly vertical, otherwise you'll end up nowhere.

no23
05-08-13, 07:34
Using USALS you can't save any position; the box calculates it.
If you want to use stored positions, you should disable USALS.

you cant store positions without USALS as on single sat, positioner setup doesn't open

thanks anyway

Robinson
05-08-13, 08:11
In the first place you should set up your dish correctly. If the rotor is not broken, USALS should work correctly.
Do you have correct coordinates in your configuration?

girginoz
05-08-13, 08:33
I use actuator for motor, so i never use USALS.
My tuner config.mod is advanced.
I disable USALS for every satellite so i can assign a position number for each.
(When you say no to "Use USALS for this sat", next option becomes sat position number for that sat where you can enter any number you wish)
Then you go to positioner setup and pressing red, choose satellite and transponder to alligne. Pressing OK, you will see position and transponder
info.
Moving dish as you wish till you fine-tune, move the curser down on Memory index showing your position number and press green to store.
Sorry if it is a repetition of what you already do.

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 10:07
you cant store positions without USALS as on single sat, positioner setup doesn't open
Not sure what you're saying here; as I said several times using USALS and storing positions are two different protocols. You can't mix them; it's either USALS you use or plain DiSEqC 1.2.

But when USALS is being used you can very well use the positioner as well, just not for storing positions.

wizkidvix
04-10-13, 17:36
Rob.

I have exactly the same issue as this guy on my new original Vu Solo² - Vix 3.0.747 virgin flash.

My tuner setup is the same as my Duo, so proven.
Neither the "Goto" or "Memory Index" fields of Positioner Setup menu option allow input of numbers from the remote control, though you can move from left to right over the digits.

I have Tuner A setup for USALS, Tuner B setup as second cable of motorised...
Config Mode/Mode - Simple, Positioner

The Red, Green, Yellow and Blue buttons (Step East/West etc. work fine and modify the position of the dish as expected).

Tuner A: USALS
Tuner B: Second cable of motorised LNB Tuner A.

Just to be clear. This is purely for the use of the Goto X functionality (and calibration of satellites - NOT storing of sat positions).

Motor is a Technomate 2300.
May give the motor a manual reset (pin-in-the-hole type thing) but I'm loathe to believe that the issue is the motor itself.
Will also try another image when I have the time.

Anybody else seen anything like this?

kiD

Rob van der Does
04-10-13, 21:13
In R/C-Code is text support enabled or disabled?

wizkidvix
05-10-13, 04:19
In R/C-Code is text support enabled or disabled?

You have hit the spot once again Rob.
Many thanks.

Problem resolved.

kiD

Cresus98
03-01-14, 15:00
Hi, Using the virtual remote control from the enigma web interface allows you to change the number. Just type the IP address of your box in your browser and you'll get a view to the virtual remote control. click on a number and it will appear on box.