PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo2 wifi set up help!

bsoylemezli
04-08-13, 21:13
Can somebody explain to me how to set up wifi? I couldnt find any information on the website!

Donnie
04-08-13, 21:30
Menu > Setup > System > Network and select WLAN Connection.

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 11:08
Thank you for an answer. I managed to do that but My Ip adress doesnt show when I check for network.

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 19:31
I cant see my ip address Where am I doing wrong?!

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 20:46
in menu/system/network/device setup, i select WLAN connection
in adapter settings i have.....
use interface.........yes
use DHCP..............yes
hidden network.......no
network name.....(my network name)
encryption..........WPA2
encryption key.....(my network key)
primary DNS .........0.0.0.0.
secondary DNS.......0.0.0.0
current settings
ip address...............NA
netmask..................NA
gateway..................NA

network: WLAN connection

saved by using green button

i run a network test..............
LAN adapter...........WLAN connection is ticked green
wireless..............ticked green
DHCP.................enabled ticked green
IP address..........unconfirmed red cross
name server.....unconfirmed red cross

Can somebody help this please before I send this machine back!!!!

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 20:47
I just got this machine 2 days ago and I still try to set up a wireles. Please somebody help me with thisss!!!

Row
05-08-13, 21:59
I have the same problem :confused:

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 22:09
I will send the machine back not really a good support... I cant stress anymore!! I haven had my dinner yet try to fix it but no luck so far!!

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 22:16
Does the network scan find your WiFi?

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 22:21
Yes network scan found my wifi.

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 22:35
But this is still same IP address..........unconfirmed red cross
name server.....unconfirmed red cross

parma
05-08-13, 22:35
I have same problem see thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30262-vu-duo-2-wifi I thought I was the only one what image and build you on

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 22:49
Vix image mate, 711

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 22:49
This is getting realy annoying, Have you tried any other images at all??

parma
05-08-13, 23:00
No in fact I gave up and using a bridge I have never used another image and my vu duo is on vix so want to keep it the same it's no big deal me using a wifi bridge I personally think its a driver issue if you read my thread I have been all ove the menu tried every option it just won't configure my advice to you is try another image

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 23:20
I just tried blackhole image, That does not work either!!! Sending the box back!!!

bsoylemezli
05-08-13, 23:46
I just managed to work with blackhole. Its all working now!!

judge
06-08-13, 00:31
I will send the machine back not really a good support... I cant stress anymore!! I haven had my dinner yet try to fix it but no luck so far!!

I just tried blackhole image, That does not work either!!! Sending the box back!!!

I just managed to work with blackhole. Its all working now!!

sorry, but it sounds like you really need to take a step back & cool down a bit...
Obviously these boxes can take a bit of time to get used to/set-up correctly.
Now that you know how you fixed the issue on BH, maybe you could try ViX again & try the same.
Please report back on your findings or how you finally got it sorted on BH so as to help other users.

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 00:50
That is nothing to getting use to the box or set up correctly. This is a driver or hardware issue. I dont know how to fixed the issue it does say it is not connected the wifi but it actually working( weird i know).

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 04:55
That is nothing to getting use to the box or set up correctly. This is a driver or hardware issue.
Nope, it's not as you have just proved yourself.
Here also working without any problem.

I really think it would be a shame to return a good box, just because you're not able to set it up correctly.

parma
06-08-13, 06:29
Well to me it proves to me the hardware fine back home end of week be switching from vix to BH and I report back if mine connects. Also want to make it clear I'm no novice on software so if it works I think there is a issue

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 06:31
Also make sure you're on the latest build (= 714 atm).

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 08:33
Also make sure encryption has been set to 'WPA or WPA2'.

parma
06-08-13, 08:43
All that been tried still didn't work also on latest build

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 08:54
Latest build = 714.

I repeatedly connected and disconnected the WiFi connection of my DUO2 and I couldn't find any problem. Also after a flash without restore it works flawless.

Maybe rebooting your router might help?

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 09:33
Nope, it's not as you have just proved yourself.
Here also working without any problem.

I really think it would be a shame to return a good box, just because you're not able to set it up correctly.

I loved the box and I agree with you it will be shame to return the box but I repeat that is nothing to do with set it up correctly. I tried everything and your box might work but it does not mean all the boxes are working good obviously there must be faults with some boxes (I think).
I serached the web a lot last night and there are some people having the same problem we have and nobody has solution for that.
Also after black hole I reinstalled the Vix image again but still I had the same problem. unconfirmed IP -unconfirmed server name.

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 09:35
Latest build = 714.

I repeatedly connected and disconnected the WiFi connection of my DUO2 and I couldn't find any problem. Also after a flash without restore it works flawless.

Maybe rebooting your router might help?

I reboot the box maybe 50 times and i tried every possible combination of Wpa wep wpa2 but no luck so far.

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 09:36
Well to me it proves to me the hardware fine back home end of week be switching from vix to BH and I report back if mine connects. Also want to make it clear I'm no novice on software so if it works I think there is a issue

Hi Parma,

Please let me know about how you getting on with black hole.
Thanks

judge
06-08-13, 09:37
Have you tried Robs suggestion of 'make sure encryption has been set to 'WPA or WPA2' or/& rebooting your router?

Also, try inputting the values manually, does it work then?

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 09:45
I promise you: there's nothing wrong with your box. After all:
1- The scan finds the network nicely, and
2- Using another image you got it to work as well.

So really: this has to do with the setup, nothing else.

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 09:57
Have you tried Robs suggestion of 'make sure encryption has been set to 'WPA or WPA2' or/& rebooting your router?

Also, try inputting the values manually, does it work then?

Tried them all Judge,

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 09:58
I promise you: there's nothing wrong with your box. After all:
1- The scan finds the network nicely, and
2- Using another image you got it to work as well.

So really: this has to do with the setup, nothing else.

hope you are right I do not want to send the box back.

s1m0nw
06-08-13, 11:59
Hope you guys dont mind me jumping in here with a suggestion.

I had that problem on my vu+ solo (not the solo 2) using wifi stick and got the unconfirmed ip and nameserver.

The way I got round was to log onto my router check what security encription I was using and matched that with wifi stick.

So for example router was using wep but wireless card didnt have that option so I changed router to wpa and setup wireless card with wpa/wpa2 and then it worked also check channel number your router is using I found that ch6 worked best.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 14:50
Hope you guys dont mind me jumping in here with a suggestion.

I had that problem on my vu+ solo (not the solo 2) using wifi stick and got the unconfirmed ip and nameserver.

The way I got round was to log onto my router check what security encription I was using and matched that with wifi stick.

So for example router was using wep but wireless card didnt have that option so I changed router to wpa and setup wireless card with wpa/wpa2 and then it worked also check channel number your router is using I found that ch6 worked best.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Yes I tried that as well, I have changed my router to Wpa /aes and changed the box wifi to wpa /wpa2 and I also tried other settings as well, but on ch6 suggestion I only tried ch11 and auto, I will give it a go when I go home ch6.

I appreciated your suggestion mate,

Thank you

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 15:17
All that been tried still didn't work also on latest build

Have you got a SKy router parma?

girginoz
06-08-13, 16:30
I had a similar problem with my gb800se.
I fancied a virgin image and loaded 710.
I had a proper back-up but it would not finish due lack of internet connection.
I checked network setup but there was not a wireless selection.
After some time of anger ı connected the device with ethernet cable and finished backing-up.
It was easier in earlier images e.g. 694

parma
06-08-13, 17:11
No got Bt router on latest build as I said been all over menu gonna try BH when I get home fri I will report back my findings

zoro25
06-08-13, 18:35
Things to check are.

1) can you connect without password on wifi (make an open access point - even use mobile phone if it gives this option, this is a better test as it uses your box with a new AP)

2) can you connect using WPA or WPA2 without any special chars in password (for example use the simplest password possible)

3) Also try Static IP provided by router rather than DHCP (may have to connect with open access point first)

I'm also guessing it's not the box but rather a weird setting mismatch.

parma
06-08-13, 19:19
Ok try all on fri before change image and report back thanks

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 19:52
I got managed to get Ip confirmed!! name server still unconfirmed but working on it at the moment...

bsoylemezli
06-08-13, 20:08
I got managed to get Ip confirmed!! name server still unconfirmed but working on it at the moment...

I have managed to fixed it. i will let you know all soon.

parma
06-08-13, 21:44
Sorry to knock you back mate was there Sunday still no joy zorro I'm on my mobile was at the beach when I read your suggestion but back at carvan read again all this I done other than mobile but tried to connect to a bridge which would give same result

bsoylemezli
07-08-13, 10:09
I have managed to fixed it. i will let you know all soon.

Solution for Wifi,

1- Change your rooter security settings to WEP and make sure you use ch 6 and save it.

2 Go to the adapter settings on your box change the encryiption type to Wep and put your wep password in first try to connect it when DHCp yes and you can do the network test now but after that you can say No to DHCP and try to connect with your wifi again.

3- Now you can do your network test and it will come as Ip confirmed but If the name server still unconfirmed then reboot the rooter and box then do the network test again. It must be all green and thicked except DHCP.

parma
07-08-13, 11:40
Well done mate I do it Friday and confirm thanks for the effort you put in

s1m0nw
07-08-13, 12:07
Thank very much lol that exactly I was implying.

Good you got sorted mate. To anyone else having these problems the ch's to try on your router are 1, 6, 11 one will work better than the other. But most important thing is the encription MUST match that of the router on your wireless adaptors

bsoylemezli
07-08-13, 12:43
Thank very much lol that exactly I was implying.

Good you got sorted mate. To anyone else having these problems the ch's to try on your router are 1, 6, 11 one will work better than the other. But most important thing is the encription MUST match that of the router on your wireless adaptors

Thanks for your help and support mate, all sorted at last...:)

zoro25
06-09-13, 21:15
Ok so can someone please explain what channels the Wifi on Duo2 supports as normal devices are 1 to 11 for Europe and 1-10 for US AFAIK.

Are we saying that we can only use 1, 6 or 11 .

And are we also saying that only encryption method is WEP (which by the way I can crack in under 5 mins).

Rob van der Does
06-09-13, 21:45
Ch 1 up to and including 13 for the continent.
WPA2/WPA is supported.

zoro25
07-09-13, 20:28
Unencrypted is working
However , All encryptions are not working for me,
And yes I am matching the router,

however I have a strange setup where my one router has 2 access points.

You Auth on one and get redirected to the other.

So you have to Auth on NetGear1 and all devices will show you as connected on NetGear2

Ipads, Macs, Windows Machines, and all mobiles can handle this strange config but the Duo2 is having issues.

I will attempt to just have one Accesspoint without the redirect and see how that goes.

trebor50
16-04-14, 00:16
My new vu duo2 arrived with Version: Zeus and Build: 020 already installed. The WLAN would not work, I tried all the suggestions in this thread still no joy.
Only got mobile data so I turned the encryption off and let the image update to Build: 023. Now WPA + WPA2 is working OK.

jimbo2015
16-07-16, 21:26
So do you have to know the configuration when using the WLAN and if you do try to use it, can you get back to the LAN connection again ifyou want?

Thanks.

Ashley69
16-07-16, 21:42
So do you have to know the configuration when using the WLAN and if you do try to use it, can you get back to the LAN connection again ifyou want?

Thanks.

Yes. Just select the network you want to use(lan or wifi) in the network settings.

jimbo2015
16-07-16, 22:26
Yes. Just select the network you want to use(lan or wifi) in the network settings.

Thanks. My Wifi settings do not indicate DHCP or anything like that. I know the password of the router and it is WPA for encryption. So can you tell me al in one post how to set this up onb my ET8000 please? The original post was a bit confusing. Thanks

daz450
16-07-16, 22:39
Don't think ET8000 has built in wifi !

jimbo2015
16-07-16, 23:04
I must admit I did not realise this was a Duo thread - but the ET89000 - when I go into System, Network, I get the configuration but nothing to enable Wifi which seems a bit odd.

My other box is a TMTWIn oe - that seems not to do Wifi either, and I don't seem to be able to put any IPTV streams into the TM Twin.

Would I be right in thinking it would not be to do with the image? I have Hades on one and OpenVix 3 on the other.

Thanks

daz450
16-07-16, 23:11
I think the options are only there for if you have a wifi bridge or similar as that box does not have built in wifi.

daz450
16-07-16, 23:13
Check these links for adding IPTV links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3w8m5TKvgM

http://www.esettingsplus.altervista.org/index-EN.html

:p

abu baniaz
16-07-16, 23:16
Best to have separate thread for separate issues.

Please also take time to read the following:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!