PDA

View Full Version : Provider Picons

chaser
04-08-13, 12:13
Hi Guys,

I use Nephilim HD picons for all my 28.2e channels. These work really well on the EPG & the LCD screen on the new Duo2.

Some time ago I saw a post from Nephilim on another forum showing how to use Provider picons as well as channel picons. He has provided some picons for this purpose. I'm not sure what image he was using to show this on, but I don't think it was ViX.

http://www.linux-sat-keys.com/forum/threads/401-Picons-by-Nephilim-HD/page35 Mods - remove this link if I'm not meant to link to other forums.

I notice on the ViX image that there appears to be the ability to add Provider picons, but I'm not sure how to do this. If I press the TV button on the remote and the press the yellow 'providers' button, it brings up the screen below. On the top left corner there is a ViX logo, which looks to be a default logo which is used when a custom one can't be found. Can this default logo be changed? Is this logo supposed to reflect the Provider?

As much as possible, I tried to follow the guidance Nephilim provided on the other forum. I have renamed the Picon to BSkyB.png (and BskyB.png) and copied these files into the /picon folder on my USB stick, but this didn't work. I'm not sure if I'm saving them to the right location.

Is it possible to add these provider picons, or have I misunderstood something?

Larry-G
04-08-13, 12:18
FYI the link to LSK is fine as they also allow links back to us so no worries there. also The skin he is using is the HD glass 16 skin.

chaser
03-05-14, 13:57
Anyone able to help with this query? I've moved onto BlueHD skin, but I still get a similar default picon at the top left of the screen. I noticed someone post a screen shot the other day which appeared to show a different provider picon. I can't remember which post, though.