PDA

View Full Version : on demand plugin

squig007
03-08-13, 16:06
Im trying to view the on demand.plugin and ive downloaded if from.vix server.there seems to be three different ones what one do i download as ive tried the three and keep getting black screens

Rob van der Does
03-08-13, 16:07
Please rephrase your question in English; as it is now I have no idea what you want/ask.
Also please state the image and box you're using.

Larry-G
03-08-13, 16:17
There is only one plugin the other two files are the source files ( .src ) and the translation files (.po) you want the other one. And in which way is it not working ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

squig007
03-08-13, 17:08
Im using a vu+ duo with latest vix image.i keep downloading the ondemand plugin and then restart box but once i try to open on demand i get black screen everytime any ideas ?

Rob van der Does
03-08-13, 17:33
With 'a black screen' you mean a crash?
If so, there is a crashlog; please upload it.

squig007
03-08-13, 19:24
Sorry to sound thick but how do i do that ?

judge
04-08-13, 02:15
Logs are created by default using the ViX image in /home/root/logs/
To upload them to he forum, use the 'Go Advanced' button just under the post area.

squig007
04-08-13, 08:39
Is there an ipk file for omdmand i can.ftp over and try it that way

s1m0nw
04-08-13, 09:29
Do you have alot of plugins on your box or a couple of skins that you have downloaded?

Might be memory related thats causing black screen.

Larry-G
04-08-13, 10:19
Is there an ipk file for omdmand i can.ftp over and try it that way

we build it directly from the GIT, you can use your receiver to download the .ipk from the feeds via a telnet session with the following command.

opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

The .ipk file will be saved to /home/root/ on your receiver or you can install from the feeds with this command

opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

I tested OnDemand last night on several of my receivers running various images from the last fortnight, including the latest and all worked without any issues save 4D which is as a result of changes made by CH4 and as yet unfixable ( if ever ).

Larry-G
04-08-13, 10:22
Im using a vu+ duo with latest vix image.i keep downloading the ondemand plugin and then restart box but once i try to open on demand i get black screen everytime any ideas ?

I still have no idea what is happening as your replies are very vague.

Is the receiver crashing or are you just seeing a blank screen when trying to view streams via the OnDemand plugin and if so which parts of the plugin, remember that the 4D plugin is not working due to changes made to how CH4 stream their content.

Armpit1UK
12-08-13, 13:46
Hi, I hope this doesn't class as hijacking the thread! Last night we tried to catch up on some stuff on BBC iplayer but all we got was a black screen. I am using a TM-2T, VIX 716. Any ideas?

Larry-G
12-08-13, 14:03
it's working fine here, just updated my ultimo to 718 and fired up OnDemand strait into the Iplayer, currently showing a movie named cherry bomb.

dragon1
12-08-13, 14:37
Hi sorry to hi jack thread having same probs here is my crash log.

PluginBrowser PluginBrowser
eHdmiCEC: received message 87 00 E0 91
eHdmiCEC: received message 00
eHdmiCEC: received message 8C
eHdmiCEC: received message 87 00 E0 91
eHdmiCEC: received message 00
eHdmiCEC: received message 8C
action -> OkCancelActions ok
okbuttonClick
[SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'OnDemand_Screen'>
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/icons/selectbar.png: 200x100x8 png, 2
[Skin] Error: {ViX_Night_HD/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/icons/selectbar.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/icons/bottom.png: 203x37x8 png, 2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 66, in action
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 62, in okbuttonClick
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 30, in __call__
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/plugin.py", line 47, in main
session.open(OnDemand_Screen)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 312, in open
dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 242, in instantiateDialog
return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 278, in doInstantiateDialog
dlg.applySkin()
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/GUISkin.py", line 112, in applySkin
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/GUISkin.py", line 30, in createGUIScreen
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Pixmap.py", line 98, in applySkin
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/skin.py", line 257, in loadPixmap
skin.SkinError: {ViX_Night_HD/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/icons/bottom.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0x23c9760>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

Any help please. Regards Dave

Armpit1UK
12-08-13, 17:10
I'll do another update to see if that helps!

Armpit1UK
12-08-13, 21:48
Hi Phoenix, I updated to 718 and can confirm that the only part of on demand that works for me is 3player which starts up and plays programs straight away. The others however load the content lists but do not play when selected. The screen just goes black as if waiting for the stream to start but it doesn't. Unfortunately I cannot provide a crash log as the box doesn't crash.

Larry-G
12-08-13, 22:44
So the 3player works for you but not the uk players, are you outside of the uk ?.

Armpit1UK
13-08-13, 08:06
Hi Phoenix,I'm definitely in the UK.

magdy
13-08-13, 08:51
its a good software

Armpit1UK
14-08-13, 14:14
Can anyone look into the problem with on demand for me please? As I said previously, 3player works fine but all the others just go blank when I try to play anything. They have all worked fine up until recently.
I have even removed the plugin and re-installed it but it hasn't made any difference. Any ideas?

judge
14-08-13, 14:23
Can anyone look into the problem with on demand for me please? As I said previously, 3player works fine but all the others just go blank when I try to play anything. They have all worked fine up until recently.
I have even removed the plugin and re-installed it but it hasn't made any difference. Any ideas?

No issues here, I used it on the TM2T last night to watch a show on the BBC iPlayer.
Maybe try a fresh flash with no restores & install the plugin again.

Armpit1UK
14-08-13, 22:22
Hi Judge, I'll give that a go and report back.

Larry-G
14-08-13, 22:24
no issues here either, i used the BBC iplayer this afternoon to watch a episode of top gear.

s1m0nw
14-08-13, 23:02
You dont have a vpn activated to make you based outside uk

Just a thought

Rob van der Does
15-08-13, 05:31
OnDemand's BBC iplayer also working fine here in France.

Armpit1UK
16-08-13, 20:35
Evening all, I have re-flashed my box to 720 and installed on demand and it seems to be back work fine. Thanks for all the help!

skratch
22-08-13, 00:22
Hi all
I uninstalled on demand because it kept crashing on bbc when pause is pressed, now i keep getting 28202 then i install the plugin from vix plugins it installs the old version?

judge
22-08-13, 00:52
Hi all
I uninstalled on demand because it kept crashing on bbc when pause is pressed, now i keep getting 28202 then i install the plugin from vix plugins it installs the old version?

What build are you using & can you upload the crash log please.

skratch
22-08-13, 14:45
When i press pause on a program i've selected on demand it stops responding so i have to press exit on the remote and eventually it returns to live tv. It does not create a crash log as it doesn't crash the box.

mcquaim
22-08-13, 14:53
When i press pause on a program i've selected on demand it stops responding so i have to press exit on the remote and eventually it returns to live tv. It does not create a crash log as it doesn't crash the box.

This is an already highlighted issue that needs to be looked into. For now try not to pause//fwd//rev!!

skratch
22-08-13, 15:22
This is an already highlighted issue that needs to be looked into. For now try not to pause//fwd//rev!!

Ah ok must have missed that post sorry.
Any advice on how to install this plugin again everytime i install it i get the message [ATTACH=CONFIG]28211[/ATTACH
Problem solved by deleting the plugin folder and reinstalling from the plug-ins.

skratch
20-09-13, 23:49
Hi is there any progress on the rewind, forward and pause option of on demand as of yet?

Rob van der Does
21-09-13, 02:59
As has been stated several times, the ability to resume streams after pausing is dependant on what the stream allows you and what the drivers of your box support.
Unfortunately all VU's don't do a good job in this area.

So there's nothing the plugin(-author) can do about this.

Larry-G
21-09-13, 04:13
The same has also been reported of the BH image with regard to rewind streams in later images.

skratch
22-09-13, 20:05
ok so thats the end of it we just have to get use to not playing,pausing,rewind and pause functions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

skratch
11-10-13, 23:10
love the new update and that it includes Tunein radio one question though, how do you put a station in the favourites?

judge
11-10-13, 23:19
Yeah, it's a great addition, thanks to Mac & Andy for all the hard work...
Highlight a radio channel & press Green to save to favourites.

It's shown in the default skin, not sure if other skins need to be updated?

skratch
12-10-13, 00:38
Yeah, it's a great addition, thanks to Mac & Andy for all the hard work...
Highlight a radio channel & press Green to save to favourites.

It's shown in the default skin, not sure if other skins need to be updated?

Hi Judge yep that worked but as you said I think it is a skin issue.

judge
12-10-13, 00:58
Hi Judge yep that worked but as you said I think it is a skin issue.

so, what skin are you using that doesn't show the coloured button?

skratch
12-10-13, 08:24
I am using the Pli hd skin

Larry-G
12-10-13, 08:27
I am using the Pli hd skin

Do your self a favor mate and use a proper ViX skin such as the Magic series skins of which the pli skin is a poor poor copy, unless you want to ask pli to make the skin fully ViX compatible but they will never do that.

skratch
12-10-13, 10:33
I have just switched to the Vix magic HD, very nice thanks for the advice guys.

skratch
27-10-13, 22:28
Just wanted to say well done to everyone who has worked on this plugin and image because now seeking and pause is now working!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk