PDA

View Full Version : New beta drivers 3-8-2013

Darrellr
03-08-13, 14:59
Im openATV wie auch im Openmips 3.0 Image vom 03.08.2013

gibt es einen neuen BETA Treiber

Bitte Folgendes Testen

- HIGH CPU wie ist nun bei der die CPU Auslastung
- Record Extrem TEST also Parallel Aufnahmen machen was ist bei euch möglich an gleichzeitigen Aufnahmen auf Intern HDD, Extern HDD, NAS bitte mal Infos gehen was Ihr Erreicht habt.
- Überprüfung AGC SNR Werte vom DVB-S2 Tuner wie sind die Werte bei euch.
- CI Module mal Testen, bekannt ist das Unicam EVO, Unicam Twin und Deltacam nicht gehen daran wird noch gearbeitet.
- Stabilität Test 24-48 Stunden Betrieb, Abstürze etc. ab das noch passiert wenn ja DMESG logs und E2 Logs anheften hier.
- Temperatur Verhalten ist das nun bei euch besser, gleich, schlechter.

wäre schön wenn Ihr das bei euch mal Testen könntet und eurer Meinung hier mitteilen könnt.

They are asking for testing to be done on CPU load, 'extreme' simultaneous recording scenarios across sources (internal/external/network), auto gain, CI etc - check for 48 hours and keep an eye on temperature

Apparently they are believe they have improved the code to:

Display AGC values
CPU Usage (watch, playback, record)
Temperature lowered
No hanging/crashes after 18 hours of use

Things they still know are bad:

PIP continues to be output in standby
MaxCam Twin & V13 CI modules are now detected but don't decrypt channel

[edit]Drivers are for kernel 3.3.8
[edit2] Drivers are here (http://www.gigablue-support.org/download/quad_beta_kernel_3.3.8_TEST_ONLY_DRIVER_02.08.2013 .zip)

dragoscevero
03-08-13, 22:20
Does anyone know when Vix image will be upgraded to 3.3.8 kernel for Gigablue HD Quad?

skippie
03-08-13, 22:34
Be patient, I guess the drivers are still not bug free.
As soon as that is the case they will implement the new drivers.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

skippie
05-08-13, 18:39
I've read a message an hour ago on a German forum saying that the driver is bug free and available for all image builders :)

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 18:42
That must be a fairy tale: NO driver is bug free (nor is any firm- or software).

rossi2000
05-08-13, 18:47
kernel 3.3.8 is already comitted to the oe-a git so i imagine the next online update (build 713+) will update kernel and drivers from 2nd aug.

[gbqaud] rollback to 2.8 driver scam fix has broken oscam
[gbqaud] switch to kernel 3.3.8

dragoscevero
06-08-13, 16:38
kernel 3.3.8 is already comitted to the oe-a git so i imagine the next online update (build 713+) will update kernel and drivers from 2nd aug.

[gbqaud] rollback to 2.8 driver scam fix has broken oscam
[gbqaud] switch to kernel 3.3.8

Very good news... did you mean august 2nd half?
Thanks!

marty
06-08-13, 16:57
714 is 3.3.8 ;) just checked :cool:

marty
06-08-13, 17:07
Can't use backups so just setting up again, it is VERY quick!!!!!!!!!!

marty
06-08-13, 17:13
Still have this problem :rolleyes:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29357-DD-audio-problems-with-latest-drivers

dragoscevero
06-08-13, 17:22
Can't use backups so just setting up again, it is VERY quick!!!!!!!!!!

Are you talking about setting up all decoder configs? Like a brand new flashing of the image?
But is the 714 version of VIX image is available as online update like always?
Or it need a fresh new install of the image?

marty
06-08-13, 17:28
Are you talking about setting up all decoder configs? Like a brand new flashing of the image?

Yes :)

714 is available to beta testers ;) I guess it will be released soon ;)

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 17:29
Do an online update and make a settings backup. As soon as the 714 image (or above) becomes available you can flash that and use this backup during the first install wizard.

Otherwise a settings backup made on a box with an older kernel can always be used; just not for the plugin restore.

marty
06-08-13, 17:32
Do an online update and make a settings backup. As soon as the 714 image (or above) becomes available you can flash that and use this backup during the first install wizard.

Otherwise a settings backup made on a box with an older kernel can always be used; just not for the plugin restore.

Doesn't work, you just get "restore failed" (or something very similar) I tried a few times. No harm is a fresh install now and then anyway :D

rossi2000
06-08-13, 17:43
just online updated myself to 714.

no issues thus far

marty
06-08-13, 18:53
just online updated myself to 714.

no issues thus far

Strange :confused:
Still I prefer a fresh install with a new kernel :)

What I did was a fresh flash then tried to restore a previous backup, maybe an online update does it differently?

rossi2000
06-08-13, 19:07
714 isnt available to download from the openvix site yet
so online update for now!

i'll probably do a fresh install myself in a few days

if you update your box with putty instead of the webgui you can see whats being done, the majority of updates come down as .ipks, a new kernel-image was written to the box aswell as other stuff installed and some stuff removed from the previous kernel.

dragoscevero
06-08-13, 21:33
It is necessary to upgrade bootloader to the 07-05-2013 version to make the flash from zero, isn't it?
I didn't ever upgraded the bootloader from the older version, i've always done online update of the vix image...

Is the 714 version on the stable feeds right now?

XabiX
12-08-13, 11:43
I have never upgraded the bootloader myself too. Oups :D

Should we upgrade manually the bootloader? I understood that the new drivers get pushed by the VIX team automatically with the SW updates but what about the bootloader?
Any recommendations to do so?
Does the upgrade affect the install OpenVix image? (need to re install after?)

Merci

PS/ no release note on the official package so not sure of the benefits

dragoscevero
13-08-13, 08:10
I have never upgraded the bootloader myself too. Oups :D

Should we upgrade manually the bootloader? I understood that the new drivers get pushed by the VIX team automatically with the SW updates but what about the bootloader?
Any recommendations to do so?
Does the upgrade affect the install OpenVix image? (need to re install after?)

Merci

PS/ no release note on the official package so not sure of the benefits

It's not needed to upgrade bootloader since you don't flash a new image to your box that require a newer one than the one you got on it.
By example, if you will flash new teamred beta image you'll need the 07/05/2013 bootloader.

By the way, if you need the bootloader you can find it in the gigablue openmips site:

http://image.openmips.com/2.0/index.php?open=loader

But I will not update the bootloader since I need to flash a new fresh installation of an Image.