PDA

View Full Version : port forwarding for vu duo

s1m0nw
03-08-13, 11:38
hey guys

I have recently bought an Asus RT-N66U router and turned superhub into a modem as the wireless on that was giving me grief even being 2m away for the hub.

This router has a built in VPN etc so I trying to set up my vu+ duo to view outside network.

2 things i am not sure about is port Range and Local port? in the port forwarding options

is local port the streaming port number of duo?

If these questions have been asked before please direct me to the thread as I am not scared of a bit of reading.

Cheers

s1m0nw
03-08-13, 12:38
small update had a mess about with it and figured it out.

My problem I now have is when trying to stream from duo to android using vu+ player I get an error streaming not possible make sure port 23 is accessible

How do I make port 23 accessible??

judge
03-08-13, 12:55
Port 23 is used for telnet & is open to LAN by default.
Shoud have nothing to do with streaming, so something else funky wrong somewhere...

s1m0nw
03-08-13, 13:14
mmmm.... Well Heres What I have done so far

In my router configs I have portforwarded my duo ip address using http forwarding on port 80.
Setup DDNS account with Asus
Set up vu+ player on android mobile with the details....

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.*.*
Dyn.DNS add: ************.asus.com
Port number: 80
User: ********
Pass: ********

No zap unticked
enable transcoding - unticked

enable remote streaming - ticked

With those details I can change the channel using 4g internet connection but cant stream

I get a warning saying

"Unknown Media-error. This channel may not be broadcasting or your reciever cannot decode its contents or there is a problem with the streaming process.
Vu+ Player can now try to release video-resources both on your reciever and your device to resolve this problem. Then try again.
This is done by using telnet and requires that port 23 is accessible on your receiver and its set-up"

s1m0nw
03-08-13, 16:42
can anybody shed any light on the above??

judge
03-08-13, 16:52
Port 80 is for the web interface.
Can you use a browser to see that from outside your network?

s1m0nw
03-08-13, 17:12
which port is for streaming?? 8088??

Trial
03-08-13, 17:53
Hi,
streaming port normally 8001.

ciao

s1m0nw
03-08-13, 17:59
Got it working.

Thanks for helping judge!!!!
-----------------

My working details are as followed....

Using Asus RT -N66U router with vu+ duo (home network) streaming to 2 samsungs androids (mobile network) (S3 and S4)

On the router I register for DDNS using Asus built in one (there are options for trials with DynDNS and no-ip)

After I got myself DDNS account

I went to Vu+ player app on my mobile and entered all the details:

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.*.*
Dyn.DNS add: ************.asus.com
Port number: 80
User: ********
Pass: ********

No zap unticked
enable transcoding - unticked

enable remote streaming - ticked

Once I had done that I went back on my router configuration page and set up port forwarding....

Using my Vu+ duo ip address I set up port forwarding on the following ports 8001,8088 and 80

Saved them and voila there you have it live streaming outside my home network

rob588cliff
16-12-14, 22:18
Hi,

I'm trying to set up my system so I can stream from my Vu+duo to my ipad. I've got it working on my local network and am now trying to set it up so I can view over the internet from anywhere.

To cut a long story short I'm stuck on 'port forwarding' on the same router as you mention (ASUS RT N66U).

Are you able to help with the detail for the below fields within 'port forwarding' on my router ?

FTP server port ?
Port range ?
Local port ?
Protocol ? TCP, UDP, both, other.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rob.

pembo
17-12-14, 00:37
Why not just setup VPN on the router, download a VPN client on the ipad, setup, and connect as though it was on your network.
Exposing the e2 box to the outside world via port forwards is a massive security risk...