PDA

View Full Version : venton hd2 issues

sublimecantona
02-08-13, 22:15
Hi
Ive had this for a few mnths now without issues but today
I tried going onto the espd channel and it was blank but i noticed that tuner b was red?

I redbooted the box and after reboot the frnt panel display
Was showing squares and no channel info.
I updated the frnt panel display frm setup and also did a software update. Still same on display.

Im mannualy rescannin the channel but why wud tuner b show red?

Larry-G
02-08-13, 22:58
I cant remember if the HD2 has plug and play tuners or not but if it does check that it is seated properly in the receiver and that it has not moved.

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 01:32
Phoenix
Tuners r seated and channels r nw working but front display is nt showing info. Just shows satelite icon n squares

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 10:44
Any ideas guys? It has the latest image as i did software update frm within the box.
Thnx

Rob van der Does
03-08-13, 10:55
Tuners r seated and channels r nw working but front display is nt showing info. Just shows satelite icon n squares
Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Could you write in English please?

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 11:35
Rob
Sorry i meamt that the tuners are seated properly and coax cables are also fine. The problem now is that the front panel display on the venton hd2 is not showing channle information. Just has squares and the icon of the satelite.
Thanks

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 11:41
Rob
Sorry i meamt that the tuners are seated properly and coax cables are also fine. The problem now is that the front panel display on the venton hd2 is not showing channle information. Just has squares and the icon of the satelite.
Thanks

twol
03-08-13, 11:44
Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Could you write in English please?

Rob, you have to understand that English youngsters think that this IS Engish ... they only talk to each other by text messages on their phones.... even when they sit next to each other :)

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 11:48
Twol
I agree but i was on my phone and not pc when i posted that message. No excuse i know but its the truth :$

Rob van der Does
03-08-13, 12:45

Rob, you have to understand that English youngsters think that this IS Engish ... they only talk to each other by text messages on their phones.... even when they sit next to each other :)
Sorry to say, but I've never heard of 'Engish'....
We do however support English, German, Italian & Dutch.

And I really think you're wrong in what I 'have to learn'; IMHO youngsters will have to understand that only a very few people will understand their Engish. And if youngsters are not willing or polite enough (or able to?) speak and writer proper English, they will find out that their questions will be largely ignored and hence answers to their questions will be scarce....

I have no idea what happened to English youngsters, but I can tell you that I've always learned that one has to (try to) adapt oneself to the circumstances. And on our forum the circumstances are that we have a very mixed and international audience.

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 12:55
Rob
Any ideas what had caused the display to stop working on the hd2?
Thanks

Rob van der Does
03-08-13, 13:51
I'm asking around in the dev-team.
As I don't have the box myself, I can't do very much.

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 16:14
Ok thanks for your help. Wil await your response.

Sicilian
03-08-13, 16:57
I'd advised to re-do the front panel firmware update via Plugins menu.

Menu > Plugins > Front panel > Press green > Press blue to download then ok on the highlight firmware.

Await for the unit to reboot. Once booted, shut down the receiver overnight with power off. Hold down stanby button on remote > Select shutdown. Once shutdown disconnect power.

Also I understand this suggestion sounds silly, but I've seen a similar issue before, was down to the HDMI cable. Was using an expensive cable, swapped for a cheappie and all was fine.

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 17:13
Scillian
Ive done frnt panel upgrade but didnt power off. I will do it as per ur instructions and then will let you know how i got on. I will do it last thing tonight and leave it off overnight.

Sicilian
03-08-13, 18:20
Scillian
Ive done frnt panel upgrade but didnt power off. I will do it as per ur instructions and then will let you know how i got on. I will do it last thing tonight and leave it off overnight.

If dont work, even though it sounds un-connected to your issue, swap your HDMI lead too.

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 18:39
Scillian

sublimecantona
03-08-13, 22:52
Guys a reboot power off has solved the issue. Thanks for all your help