PDA

View Full Version : Picons

duoduo
02-08-13, 19:20
Hi all, i need some help with the title please. It is startng to bug me that everytime there is a change in frequency of channels my picon stops showing. I am sure a while back someone said you can change the settings of individual picons with the new frequency but just can't find the thread. Please can someone tell me how to do this and how i find the new frequencies to update the picons.

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 20:15
Services have a unique reference, that is used for all kinds of things. Most of the times when a frequency (or any other parameters) changes, the reference remains the same. If so, the picon will still show.
If however the reference has been changed (sometimes services are active for some time on the old and on the new frequency) the reference in the picon name will have to be amended as well.
If you have picons from the feeds they will normally be updated as well (although that may take some time).

duoduo
02-08-13, 21:11
Thanks rob, i was using the feeds version up until toda.
when i deleted them and got from github instead. My reason was that whenever i dl from feeds they always save to my hdd and i want them on usb because of issues with the skin. Is there away to dl from feeds and to save to usb and whenever a update it updates it usb version? I moved from hdd to usb but the update put u t back on hdd again so i had 2 lots of picons. Can you dl from feeds to save to usb rather than hdd cos if so i will delete todays and go back too feeds version.

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 21:35
USB will be offered as location during install if it is in Ext2/3/4 format.
And don't forget that flash is the location per excellence for picons.

duoduo
04-08-13, 07:45
Ok one last question please Rob, my usb currently showing type vfat R/W how do i change it to ext2 or ext3? The internal hdd is currently ext4 R/W. Also you said about flash for picons can you download from feeds to flash directly and if so how please.

Regards

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 08:10
1- Menu --> System --> Harddisk will offer you the option to initialise (= format) any medium. Make sure you pick the correct on. Formatted this way will be Ext4
2- When you install picons from the feeds you'll be asked where to store them; all available locations will be offered (so Flash/HDD/USB).

That were actually two last questions then :)

duoduo
04-08-13, 11:16
Thank you for the perfect instructions, sorted the usb format however took your advice and saved picons to usb but now they don't show, have tried a full reboot. Vix 708.

Cheers

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 12:17
Which picons did you download?
Also could you try the skin ViX-HD-Night, to eliminate possible skin issues?

duoduo
04-08-13, 13:21
Hd transparent ocram, i have a feeling it is the skin. I am using metrixhd and seem to remember on the thread it saying you had to have it on hdd or usb to work. Thank you for your help and suggestions

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 14:38
That's why I ask: MyMetrix is a very special skin.