PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Time is wrong?!

raedkuwait
02-08-13, 18:17
Hi, i have the latest Vix image, and the time on the box is always 5 min late?
i tried everything in the time setting, currently its set on transponder time
how can i fix this?!

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 18:37
Make sure the start up service is on a reliable transponder and reboot the box.

raedkuwait
02-08-13, 20:47
i did still the same problem?!

raedkuwait
04-08-13, 21:32
So any help with this 5 min later problem?

raedkuwait
06-08-13, 02:50
hi, it seems that if i go to time settings and wait there fore 30 sec the time gets corrected
but if go out of time settings, after 10 min or so the time is again wrong and 5 min late?

GAH2402
06-08-13, 08:19
Hi,

As you've not had many replies to your posts I woiuld assume your problem is not a common one! You say you're on the latest build, but as any mod will tell you, that could mean anything. What is your exact build number, and what is the driver date? (you'll find them both in Menu/Information/About)

If I was you, I'd backup your current image, then do a fresh flash WITHOUT restoring any settings, and don't download a channel list either (use ABM or Manual Scan). Don't install any plugins and see what happens.

Good luck!

GAH

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 08:35
Indeed: I never heard of this specific problem. And as it isn't a common problem, a flash without restore might just do the trick.
Build 711 is the latest available one atm; once installed you can update to 714.

Sullye
06-08-13, 20:43
Have the same problem on build 710, drivers: 19/7/2013. What's more as it came to finish a timed record last night the date reverted to 01/01/01 and the time to 00:00. The vix symbol appeared in the top right hand corner and the recording didn't finish so I entered into the setting and to the time and it corrected the date and time. I had a recording overnight which caused the same thing and was still recording when I got up this morning and the box had frozen. I've set it to take the time from the net with update every 30 mins to see will that make a difference.

raedkuwait
06-08-13, 22:59
i am on latest build, and i did try to set it to take the time from the net every 30 min,
that still did not work, as it worked initially then it reverted back to 5 min behind?!

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 06:22
Please send us a debuglog from the period this has happened.

raedkuwait
19-08-13, 20:36
hi, i just got my self to reflash the box restored the settings that i saved, and the problem was still there, so i did a factory reset of the box
then sent the channels to the box, and rebooted and the problem is still there ?! ill try another image and see i am now on build 3.720

Rob van der Does
19-08-13, 21:02
The problem is, hat nobody is able to reproduce your issue.

raedkuwait
19-08-13, 21:18
i know its a unique problem , but why 5 min late is beyond me , if it was a time zone error it would b at lest a 30 min difference or multiple of that
that is what i cant figure out, it did correct it self after i rebooted with the correct channel on, but once i changed the channel the problem is back :/

judge
19-08-13, 22:13
What channel are you changing to & is it on the same satellite?
Also, what are your settings in Menu -> Setup -> System -> Time settings -> Sync time using?