PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Blank sotfware update?

Stales
02-08-13, 12:59
Hi,
I have always used the software update function with no problems but the last few day I can still perform update but even when complete there is still one 'blank' update remaining. I can update again and it's still there, no description or anything. Is this an issue? I have tried restoring to much earlier backups and re-updating but still get one blank update remaining. Also over the similar period when I update it always asks if I want to continue as either 2 or 3 processes are running in the background, again, it never used to do this. Anything to be concerned about, hoping I haven't got a virus?

Thanks
Stales

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 13:05
If there are processes active on the background, they will show. Most of the time this will be a softcam check.

Stales
02-08-13, 13:25
Hi Rob,
Softcam check is disabled but I have had that one before I disabled it and it tells you the specific item. What I am getting is message saying 2 or sometimes 3 processes are running and no info on what they are. It still lets me update and part from the one blank update that just stays there. Any ideas on both?
Thanks, Stales

Stales
02-08-13, 13:40
VIX Build 711 by the way, Kernel 3.3.8. Drivers 2013-07-31, last update today. Still showing 'blank' update that doesn't install.

Clabs
02-08-13, 13:47
Stales

I also get that message on a Duo that doesn't run any cams. I have been getting the message for as long as I can remember with no issues so I wouldn't worry about it.

With regard to the blank update, this is likely a plugin that is not updating properly. Telnet into the box from a pc and copy and paste the following command:

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

This will run the update process but it will show you in the telnet window exactly what it is doing and will likely give you a pointer as to what is causing the problem.

Stales
02-08-13, 13:59
Thanks, ran via Telnet and it was full of comments about Livefootball dataupdates plugin so removed and blank update has gone. Many Thanks. I won't worry about the background processes then.
Cheers, Stales

Clabs
02-08-13, 14:17
Hi again Stales. It is funny because the reason i pointed you in this direction was because I had the same issue a while back, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what plugin it was that caused the issue. But now you mention Livefootball it was exactly that plugin! No great loss here because we didn't find the plugin useful at all.

Anyway - glad it's sorted mate.