PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Vu duo2 box freezing

stu_iow
02-08-13, 00:40
Hi all.

Since running my duo2, I have been getting freezing happening, all at random times.
Could happen when nothing is being done and while watching tv.
I have been sending debug logs related to this.
Is there anything I can do? Could it be hardware related? If so I had better send it back.
Many thanks
Stu

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

danivtec
02-08-13, 04:39
What temperature is the unit when running?

Also, do you have another hard drive you could try to rule that out as a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 05:31
What smartcard do you use? Could you try putting it in the other cardreader?

stu_iow
02-08-13, 09:42
temperature is 40c.

I will try another harddrive tomorrow, i have got the one from my vuduo still.
Maybe its not a good idea to use WD green harddrives?

Not currently using a card in the card readers.

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 09:54
40 degrees means a cool box; so the temperature is not the problem.

In general a laptop HDD is advised or a dedicated PVR 3.5" HDD (running as cool and silent as a laptop HDD does. Most run on 5400 or 5700RPM).

As you're not using a smartcard: I hope your report is about FTA channels?

stu_iow
02-08-13, 11:46
I will look to move the WD Green drive out then and replace it with a WD PVR drive, hopefully that will stabilize it.
I went for a green drive to keep things cool and quiet, but maybe the vu+ doesnt like something the green drives do.

Its funny as when i got my duo 2/3 years ago, that had an issue with the drive i got for that as well.

andyblac
02-08-13, 12:21
I will look to move the WD Green drive out then and replace it with a WD PVR drive, hopefully that will stabilize it.
I went for a green drive to keep things cool and quiet, but maybe the vu+ doesnt like something the green drives do.

Its funny as when i got my duo 2/3 years ago, that had an issue with the drive i got for that as well.

i use a 3TB WD RED in my duo2, with no issues.

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 12:22
Again :

As you're not using a smartcard: I hope your report is about FTA channels?

stu_iow
02-08-13, 12:45
i only use free to view channels.
I am concerned though you are trying to talk about illegal activities that are actually banned about talking about on this forum, this is why i ignored your question in the first place. It even states that in your signature!!!! haha

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 13:03
FTV channels also need a card.
What I want to know if the issue also shows on FTA channels, as this kind of problems are mostly related to descrambling issues.

It can't be too difficult to zap to an FTA channel and check?

stu_iow
02-08-13, 15:43
It can't be too difficult to zap to an FTA channel and check?

I watch FTA channels so no its not hard as thats what I watch.
All are fine and the box doesnt even have to be on, it also freezes when in standby.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mohsin_skp
06-04-14, 11:52
hi,

is your problem resolved? my duo2 is also crashing and hanging and was wondering if you have solved your problem.

thx
mj

stu_iow
06-04-14, 12:39
hmm, this was a while ago now, but after reading through the thread it had bought back some memories.

I was running a dedicated green harddrive that was low powered, however, from what i remember, that was crap with the VUDUO2.

I moved over to another dedicated drive, WDC WD10EURX-63F and not had problems since.

I probably did a fresh install back then from latest firmware and preformed the necessary steps to get harddrive back to first startup condition.

So yes, it's working now, faultless. No issues what so ever.

Rob van der Does
06-04-14, 13:29
...., it also freezes when in standby....
In that case your box has a serious issue. I never heard of that before.

irfyd
08-09-16, 09:18
In that case your box has a serious issue. I never heard of that before.

I'm having the exact same issue. My box can freeze any time randomly. Cant press remote buttons. cant switch off from remote. No Vix spinning logo just hard freeze. Even in standby it freezes, Have to press off n on switch at back to restart. At first I thought maybe its my dish now ive moved to new place got new dish fitted and its still doing it. Is there a way to check if the box is faulty or if has bad memory blocks? Any help would be greatly appreciated