PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Vu Dongle Works on Vu Ultimo but doesnt work on Vu Solo using same image

uscool
01-08-13, 19:40
Hi, i have Vu usb Dongle for wifi, which came with the vu ultimo and it works fine, i also have a vu solo running exact same image build and i get wlan option and when scan for wifi noting at all comes up, i have tried Openpli 3.0 on vu solo and dongle works on that , wondering why is this

Thanks

pooface
02-08-13, 07:54
Not sure as I haven't tried using Wi-Fi on solo... but, could it be that the Wi-Fi drivers are not built in to the solo by default, and you will need to add them from the feeds?! Just s thought...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

andyblac
02-08-13, 08:21
Not sure as I haven't tried using Wi-Fi on solo... but, could it be that the Wi-Fi drivers are not built in to the solo by default, and you will need to add them from the feeds?! Just s thought...

vu dongle driver should be still prebuilt in.

Donnie
02-08-13, 08:25
Try the dongle in the front USB port or use an extension cable on the rear.

uscool
02-08-13, 09:38
i have tried it at the front same problem, really is weird , i did try openpli 3.0 to check also and that works fine, so gotta be image issue on the solo

Sicilian
02-08-13, 10:04
You now need to install the appropriate wifi drivers from plugins.

Menu > Plugins > Drivers > Select the appropriate driver for your dongle.

uscool
02-08-13, 10:34
You now need to install the appropriate wifi drivers from plugins.

Menu > Plugins > Drivers > Select the appropriate driver for your dongle.

i didnt need to do anything with the vu ulitmo getting drivers etc , its the official Vu Dongle that came with the ultimo , will give it a try , thanks

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 11:29
As said above: the drivers for the VU+ dongle are pre-installed in all ViX-images. So there's no need to install additional drivers.

I just checked on a virgin flashed Solo2: the dongle shows up nicely, also in the First Install Wizard.

uscool
02-08-13, 11:54
this really is strange, works fine on vu ultimo, solo just doesn't find any wireless, i get the Wlan option and option to search for wireless but noting gets found, wireless is in same room right next to it , if anyone has a solo that could try the vu dongle that would be great,

thanks

pooface
02-08-13, 15:41
this really is strange, works fine on vu ultimo, solo just doesn't find any wireless, i get the Wlan option and option to search for wireless but noting gets found, wireless is in same room right next to it , if anyone has a solo that could try the vu dongle that would be great,

thanks

As I posted in the beta room, I will try to take a look at it when I return back off holiday next week... I just gotta try and find my vu wifi dongle :eek: lol

Bump this thread on Monday/Tuesday to ensure I remember to look in to it ;)

uscool
02-08-13, 18:46
As I posted in the beta room, I will try to take a look at it when I return back off holiday next week... I just gotta try and find my vu wifi dongle :eek: lol

Thanks for looking into it, will bump it :)

uscool
05-08-13, 11:14

Hi, bumped up this thread as requested , thanks

pooface
07-08-13, 17:57
Hi, bumped up this thread as requested , thanks

Thanks, just backing up current image now, and gonna reflash and fresh set up with 715. Will let you know my findings (and yes, I did find my vu wifi that came with the ultimo :p)

pooface
07-08-13, 19:38
Managed to get this running no problem...

Went through setup before actually looking at what the problem was again :p So, totally missed whilst setting up. But, it's all working fine. LAN cable disconnected, and am able to connect out to internet fine. All local broadcasts are showing:

Anything else you needed testing?

uscool
08-08-13, 10:49
Managed to get this running no problem...

Went through setup before actually looking at what the problem was again :p So, totally missed whilst setting up. But, it's all working fine. LAN cable disconnected, and am able to connect out to internet fine. All local broadcasts are showing:

Anything else you needed testing?

Hi, i have no idea , i have both the vu ultimo and vu solo on latest 715 build, vu dongle works on ultimo but still not on solo, when scan for wireless networks, doesn't find anything , no big deal, i find the vu dongle make it glitch even though signal is 99% ? as soon i use network cable or TP link wifi bridge no glitches , so not to bothered really

Thanks

pooface
08-08-13, 16:04
Hi, i have no idea , i have both the vu ultimo and vu solo on latest 715 build, vu dongle works on ultimo but still not on solo, when scan for wireless networks, doesn't find anything , no big deal, i find the vu dongle make it glitch even though signal is 99% ? as soon i use network cable or TP link wifi bridge no glitches , so not to bothered really

Thanks

Is that fresh flashed? As I did a fresh flash, with single connected when flashing... might be you have something on image that is stopping it from working?!

millfieldlad
11-08-13, 10:45
Hi guys , ive been following this thread for a wee while and i also have a VU dongle and a uno and solo. i,m running the latest vix image 717 and i,m trying to follow the instructions in the box . Menu-setup-system is ok , wireless LAN setup is not there .. stuck now , dont know where to go

Milly