PDA

View Full Version : al jaz

crf450
01-08-13, 19:06
Hi gents

I have a vu+solo2 and looking to get a al jazeera card for my motorised system

Question is what else do I need? do I need a cam module to put card in or will it read the card in slot provided with ccam 2.1.4 according to one website offering legit cards it comes in irdeto or viacess.

cheers
crf

irishchris
01-08-13, 20:01
Solo 2 internal readers work with the viaccess jsc sports cards using ccam or scam 3.59.
Be aware though that jsc just pulled all the HD channels from hotbird in the last hour and reduced the sd channels from 8 to 4 on hotbird also. So unless you have access to nileSat or badr satellites then you will only receive jsc 1-4.
Just recently updated my card for the hd premium package so bit gutted they have done this

crf450
02-08-13, 14:52
Thanks for reply

Was hoping it would stay on hotbird! Can get 7.0 but quality a bit pixelated at times, 80cm dish south london

Other option is streaming, but have 4-6 meg bb not sure if good enough for feed.

choices choices

irishchris
02-08-13, 14:57
Can't get a sniff of 7w from here but your speed will be sufficient. Jsc recommend a 2mb line for their streaming service so 4-6 mb is more than adequate

alba1978
02-08-13, 18:11
Not trying to hijack your thread mate but i was wondering if any one from Birmingham would be able to tell if i can get jsc channels with a 1.2 m motorised dish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
02-08-13, 18:19
100 miles south of you can get most of the channels bar 6, 7, 8

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

alba1978
02-08-13, 19:48
What size dish have you got

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
03-08-13, 16:29
I metre dish - self install:thumbsup:

jcm193
03-08-13, 16:37
There streaming service avg is around 2.2 mbps for SD and HD spiking to around 10 mbps for a short time the only difference is the encoding,another alternative is premierleaguepass looking at there test stream it looks like they have slightly better encoding both services work with smart dns btw.

alba1978
03-08-13, 16:45
I metre dish - self install:thumbsup:

might have a chance to pick it up with 1.2m dish then as subs for al Jazeera are still cheap

lammy1961
03-08-13, 17:43
Solo 2 internal readers work with the viaccess jsc sports cards using ccam or scam 3.59.
Be aware though that jsc just pulled all the HD channels from hotbird in the last hour and reduced the sd channels from 8 to 4 on hotbird also. So unless you have access to nileSat or badr satellites then you will only receive jsc 1-4.
Just recently updated my card for the hd premium package so bit gutted they have done this

irishchris....Is there anything that can be done ?....Would it be worthwhile contacting my supplier ?
What card are you going to get now ?

Regards.

irishchris
03-08-13, 18:24
irishchris....Is there anything that can be done ?....Would it be worthwhile contacting my supplier ?
What card are you going to get now ?

Regards.

Well nothing can be done about getting it broadcast on hotbird. That's a final decision thanks to the iron fist of the premier league! Supplier can't do anything about it. Worst part is they still only sell subs of jsc sports1-8 even though we can only receive 1-4 in Ireland/UK. If you are based in uk you could invest in larger dish and may pick up the badr Sat or the jsc channels 1-8 on 3.1e
Here in Ireland they are not achievable without a nasa sized dish :p

I have paid for jsc 1-10sd, Fox sports HD and jsc sports HD 1-5 and will only receiver jsc 1-4 sd here so gonna have to do with that for now until next June then going back to my old sub of cyfra+/NC+