PDA

View Full Version : Hello, just bought a TM Twin OE

brooky
01-08-13, 14:53
Hi, i just wanted to pop my head in and say hello.
Ive just bought a Twin OE direct from technomate and im in the process of installing it an setting it up.
I have successfully flashed it with the latest VIX 3.0.710 i think and i am scanning channels now.
i am currently using the mini dish on 28.2 that was on the side of the house already but will get my motorised dish up asap.
I think my next step will be to add CCCam software to the box and set up my cline.
Can anybody point me in the direction of a tutorial for this as i cant find one.

Thanks to everybody that has contributed info that I have read that has got me this far.
Cheers.

Larry-G
01-08-13, 14:57
just a friendly nudge here but we dont allow discussions about card sharing on this forum as per the rules you agreed to, we can help you with most things but not with that.

brooky
01-08-13, 16:06
Thanks for the nudge, i dont want to offend anybody.
I cant edit the post to remove the reference though.

Larry-G
01-08-13, 16:09
Thanks for understanding.

brooky
01-08-13, 16:14
No problems, my fault after all.
can somebody point me at bouquet set up info?

Larry-G
01-08-13, 16:22
have a read of this it may help.

brooky
01-08-13, 16:22
Thank you.

brooky
01-08-13, 16:35
That was easy, i was dreading that....

abu baniaz
01-08-13, 20:45
Have a look in this section, there are lots of guides in there.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301

Look at this one first

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

brooky
03-08-13, 19:43
Hi Guys, Im getting there thanks to your help.
Ive set up my bouquets and EPG, and they both auto tune at 5 in the morning. Thanks.
Ive FTP'd files to the box, the box sees them, but wont play them. It just hangs, they are MKV files and mp4 files.
Do i need a codec pack? I thought they were included in vix.
Thanks guys.

pooface
03-08-13, 20:20
Hi Guys, Im getting there thanks to your help.
Ive set up my bouquets and EPG, and they both auto tune at 5 in the morning. Thanks.
Ive FTP'd files to the box, the box sees them, but wont play them. It just hangs, they are MKV files and mp4 files.
Do i need a codec pack? I thought they were included in vix.
Thanks guys.

Depends on the encoding of the files... If correctly encoded, should have no problems. Have you tried restarting box to ensure that it's not just a temporary problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brooky
03-08-13, 20:28
yeah, ive tried allsorts. Different files, different formats, turning it of and on again.

pooface
03-08-13, 20:59
yeah, ive tried allsorts. Different files, different formats, turning it of and on again.

And is anything written to the debug logs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brooky
03-08-13, 22:56
Is this it?

brooky
12-08-13, 22:24
Can anybody help me?

Larry-G
12-08-13, 22:51
as already pointed out files "found" on the internet can be encoded very differently, try using something like handbreak to re-encode a test file to see if that works for you.

brooky
13-08-13, 17:27
Will do, thanks.

brooky
12-10-13, 15:28
Just thought id bring this up to speed.
I tried handbrake, using every possible option, still no joy.
Files that played on my blu ray fine didnt work at all.
I upgraded the firmware on the STB and now it works fine. It plays everything ive tried.
There was an audio sync issue, bit ive upgraded again to 3.0.750 and that seems to have cured that.
Thanks to everybody that has given some input to this.

Larry-G
12-10-13, 15:36
I'm happy to hear you have managed to resolve your issues, and thank you for keeping us updated.