PDA

View Full Version : Restart stuck at "Starting"

GiP
14-10-10, 23:54
Hi,

I am running VIX 1.1 and everytime I do a "restart" the box remains stuck at "Starting". I have to switch it off, wait about a minute, and switch it on again to make it work. This doesn't happen with start from "deep standby". Is there a way of seeing where the problem is?

The setting is pretty much standard only add-on are CCcam 2.1.4 and Autoresolution (which is switched off).

Thanks.

G

Sicilian
15-10-10, 05:44
If does happen sometimes with ANY image, not just the VIX image.

pooface
15-10-10, 07:41
Yes, I've reported it to vu, but not very optimistic about a resolution... The more people who report it, hopefully they'll spend more time looking in to it ;)

alex @ vuplus . com

(without the spaces of course ;))

mmcmedia
15-10-10, 08:32
Had that problem for a while now but no mine seems to be ok now
All i done was installed official original image 5.2 on mine with nothing else done to it sent it back to supplier they did fook all to it and sent it back , formatted me usb stick with smartdisk fat32 tool (attached) used me trusty vti 1.3 image and now everythings sweet no more stuck on starting

GiP
15-10-10, 11:11
If does happen sometimes with ANY image, not just the VIX image.

In my case it seems it is every time not sometimes at least evry time I did a restart in the last week or so. I forgot to say I have a internal HD and a USB wifi key (which is switched off from the network settings). I'll try without the wifi and maybe disconnect the HD (i'd rather not ,'tho). But there is NO way of knowing wher it's stuck ? An output console or a log or something.....

G

Sicilian
15-10-10, 11:28
Try re-starting without the WIFI plugged in. I noticed it happening more on mine using a WIFI stick.

pooface
15-10-10, 14:11
One other thing, you can still control the box via the webif... It just seems to freeze the vfd and the remote. So, there's a problem somewhere either physically with the vfd area, or in the software/drivers controlling it...

bob1
15-10-10, 18:41
I had this when i first got my duo, not done it for ages though and thought it was the software,sometimes it would not even say starting ,it could say something like staring.

GiP
15-10-10, 21:55
Try re-starting without the WIFI plugged in. I noticed it happening more on mine using a WIFI stick.

Yep, that did the trick, without WiFi plugged in "restart" actually restarted!.

G

Sicilian
16-10-10, 06:30
Yep, that did the trick, without WiFi plugged in "restart" actually restarted!.

G

I think the WIFI stick sometimes confuses it for a USB stick. Also found that with WIFI stick attached it was best to go to deep standby > power off > then power back on to reboot. Its as if it needs a few moments to realise its a wifi stick and not a USB stick lol!