PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Picture breakup

reeves1985
31-07-13, 12:33
Having issues with a lot of picture breakup build 699

The issue seemed to start when the venton drivers were updated a couple of image builds back

It effects all channels fta and premium using local sly card

I have a dreambox in a different room with no problems at all

Feeds seem to be down so haven't been able to update to the latest build

Has anybody else had issues?

I know there is a similar thread for the technomate which seems to effect only HD and is driver related but as this is a different receiver and effecting all channels I thought i would use a new thread

andyblac
31-07-13, 13:09
Having issues with a lot of picture breakup build 699

The issue seemed to start when the venton drivers were updated a couple of image builds back

It effects all channels fta and premium using local sly card

I have a dreambox in a different room with no problems at all

Feeds seem to be down so haven't been able to update to the latest build

Has anybody else had issues?

I know there is a similar thread for the technomate which seems to effect only HD and is driver related but as this is a different receiver and effecting all channels I thought i would use a new thread
build 699, is pretty old, try updating to 709

Sicilian
31-07-13, 13:20

There are no driver issues of such kind with the Venton HDx.

Check your feed, ensure you're using an upto date satellites.xml file and run a manual single satellite scan. You should find approx 970 ish channels on Astra 28.2.

reeves1985
31-07-13, 15:18
There are no driver issues of such kind with the Venton HDx.

Check your feed, ensure you're using an upto date satellites.xml file and run a manual single satellite scan. You should find approx 970 ish channels on Astra 28.2.

Will do I do know there is updated but when I check my feeds it says they are down for maintenance

BubbleBalls
31-07-13, 18:02
Have you set to yes - allow unstable?

Tapatalker

reeves1985
31-07-13, 19:13
Yeah they are set to allow unstable but still get feeds down for maintenance message

Larry-G
31-07-13, 19:37
Yeah they are set to allow unstable but still get feeds down for maintenance message

if thats the case it's very possible your receiver or router may be infected with a linux based virus, have a read of this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27477-Sorry-feeds-are-down-for-maintenance-please-try-again-later!!

reeves1985
31-07-13, 19:48
Thanks for the link pheonix
Just had a quick glance through it I'm running a superhub (vermin media)
Is it possible to tell if my router is infected or not?

Also do you know the steps needed to sort it if it is indeed the cause as from what I read in that thread it doesn't give any indication how to actually get rid of it?

Thanks

reeves1985
31-07-13, 19:53
Edit**

I can confirm that wget was indeed renamed to -wget as indicated in the linked thread

Is there anyway to tell if my router is infected and if I can remove it

Larry-G
31-07-13, 20:11
for the receiver you just need to reflash without restoring a backup that could potentially contain the infection, as for the router i'm not really sure about that one but if i remember correctly this infection is in the ram so a full power down for say 10 minutes should do it.

also as a precaution change any passwords and logins on the router / receive just incase.

reeves1985
31-07-13, 20:45
Thanks pheonix
Will get to it later this evening

Too man

Adeingolf
01-08-13, 21:03
I had similar issues with 702-706. Ie lots of glitching and freezing, so much so that I was going to question/change my supplier!

Updated tonight straight to 710 - been watching for 40 mins now and so far not 1 glitch/freeze.

Fingers crossed, whatever it was has been sorted.

reeves1985
02-08-13, 10:25
Yes the recent update seems to have have cured it for me as well

Larry-G
02-08-13, 11:00
I had similar issues with 702-706. Ie lots of glitching and freezing, so much so that I was going to question/change my supplier!

We'll leave it there thanks, and please be mindful of the forum rules in future.

Adeingolf
07-08-13, 08:23
Just in case anyone had similar issues, 711 and 712 I had the freezing back.

Went to 714 and its rock solid again. Think I will stay with this one for a while!