PDA

View Full Version : screen res

upintheair
30-07-13, 13:20
hi, this started yesterday i have my tv set at 16.9 for best fit, but random channels go to 4.3 with the black bands down either side. its not with all channels just some.
Eg: was watching CI+1 then all of a sudden it went to 4.3 and wont change back, same with nat geo.
i went throught all options for screen, letterbox 4.3 16.9 etc but still happens ?

satcat
30-07-13, 13:21
got mine set at "just scale" cheers

Larry-G
30-07-13, 14:18
some programs are hard coded by the broadcaster to include those vertical bars and sadly there is nothing you can do to remove them, as said above you can use the "just scale" option to correct some but where a SD program is being broadcast on a HD channel such as early episodes of the Simpsons this is hard coded and not removable.

upintheair
01-08-13, 22:43
thanks for replies, i dont have just scale on my LG tv but just scan and nothing works, also it has just started, ive had no probs before this, my mrs was watching a shopping channel and ping 4.3 screen appeared, its quite annoying was watching national geo and same thing half way through changed to 4.3
sorry for long delay in reply but been busy.

BubbleBalls
01-08-13, 23:01
Just scale is a setting in Vix - menu/Setup/System/AV Settings/Display 4:3 content as 'Just Scale'
If that does not work you can try aspectratioswitch plugin from feeds.

Tapatalker

upintheair
02-08-13, 15:52
thanks BubbleBalls and everyone else:thumbsup:, im such a dumb ass i was trying via tv not Vu doooooooooooooooooohhhhhh :lol3:

Rob van der Does
02-08-13, 16:48
Good: you'll never forget that :p