PDA

View Full Version : crossepg data loss on reboot

bobbyduke
30-07-13, 09:45
If you are losing crossepg data on reboot install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-epgloader_1.0-r1_mipsel.ipk from tmp this will hold the data on reboot. Maybe vix can add this to future updates.

Sicilian
30-07-13, 16:01
If your EPG is setup correctly, you shouldn't loose your data if rebooting in the correct manner.

bobbyduke
30-07-13, 17:09
If your EPG is setup correctly, you shouldn't loose your data if rebooting in the correct manner.

Cool, please point to guide for this? take it theres a vix way for crossepg setup.

bobbyduke
30-07-13, 17:14
Myself instead of smarting my epg is working i would have explained how it was setup, point of a forum is to help each other i thought.

You must have sat at the front of the class at school.

Larry-G
30-07-13, 17:22
The reason why the EPG looses it's data on a reboot is because it's held in live memory so when you reboot the cache has been cleared, you need to tell the EPG to read from it's save location to retrieve it's settings. I cant think of the exact method as i'm at work but this is how mine are setup.

How to setup CrossEPG for Sky uk on ViX 3.0
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0&highlight=How+setup+CrossEPG+for+Sky+ViX+3.0)

bobbyduke
30-07-13, 17:29
Thanks for the info on that, i found the epg loader works on the vix image, just a simple fix if peoples got probs.

Larry-G
30-07-13, 17:33
Thanks for the info on that, i found the epg loader works on the vix image, just a simple fix if peoples got probs.

I'm not discounting your findings and if it works thats great, it's just that the version of CrossEPG in ViX is not the standard one found as a basic add-on in most other images, in ViX it is highly customised and adapted specifically for ViX so using EPG add-ons can have unforeseen effects.

I appreciate your post and findings and it should be of use to others so thank you for that.

ronand
30-07-13, 19:34
If the epg data does not reload after a reboot then restart e2 and it will reload. No need for any plugin.

bobbyduke
30-07-13, 22:24
Each time so each time i turn my box on i gotto mess about restarting e2? this only needs installing once pretty standard on alot of e2 images.

bobbyduke
30-07-13, 22:31
Yep can see vix is trying to stand out from other e2 image makers. Just wish i had a decent box to to play with vix images properly looks good what ive seen so far. But this tm twin i got conned into buying is back in the box ready to be returned for now, back on the old dreambox and gm triplex for now they both do as they should at least.

Only thing seems vix is based on open pli which ive never rated as the most stable, newnigma seem the best on dreambox and spark away from e2.

abu baniaz
31-07-13, 00:06
I've never had an issue with epg not being found on reboot.

A. Did you press the EXIT button after reboot per flashing instructions?
B. Do you have the latest bootloader?
C. Do you have TSpanel installed by any chance?
D. Yes, the TMs have issues, but to the best of my knowledge epg is not one of them. Can you enable debug logs reboot and upload them after. Someone may be able to identify your issue.

Larry-G
31-07-13, 00:15
Each time so each time i turn my box on i gotto mess about restarting e2? this only needs installing once pretty standard on alot of e2 images.

not if you set it up properly in the first place.

ronand
31-07-13, 02:28
@bobbyduke with the aggresive tone you've used on the forum so far I'm surprised anyone will help you. Blaming the Vix image is not going to help you. Maybe you should use the software that originally came on your receiver and blame TM instead. Every image has its bugs but the support here from the development team and beta testers is second to none (and unpaid).

Rob van der Does
31-07-13, 06:22
Only thing seems vix is based on open pli which ive never rated as the most stable
'Based on' is not 'the same as'. ViX has had it's own development route since it was forked from PLi.
So please judge the image yourself, instead of spreading rumours like this.

bobbyduke
31-07-13, 07:58
'Based on' is not 'the same as'. ViX has had it's own development route since it was forked from PLi.
So please judge the image yourself, instead of spreading rumours like this.

I am only speaking from dreamboxes in the past so its not rumours.

Larry-G
31-07-13, 08:01
ViX dont support dreamboxes so that has no relevance to our image or the version of CrossEPG in the ViX image.

pooface
31-07-13, 08:06

Like saying that diesel cars made by xxx manufacturer are rubbish, so all diesel cars are rubbish...

Not really worth the effort trying to say it is it...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
31-07-13, 08:17
You must have sat at the front of the class at school.

Going by your attitude you where one of those disruptive kids who sat a the rear :p

Rob van der Does
31-07-13, 09:24
Ahh, history extrapolated to the present then ....
Hmmm, sounds like a valuable and useful judgement :rolleyes: