PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Mediaportal & TSMedia plugins after online update

mabozza
29-07-13, 23:24
After running the online update to build 707 this morning, I tried to update TS Media to Ver 3.3 but my TM-2T went into a boot loop.
I had to switch off at the back to reboot & that seemed to stop the loop, after attempting another update of the plugin it did the same, thought best to leave it alone, then tried to use movie25 & most of the links weren't working & a couple of them forced the receiver to go into the boot loop again!

Tried mediaportal & it seemed to work fine then started doing the same, I noticed on the changelog there seemed to be an issue with mediaportal, I've haven't noticed any issues with that or TS media they both pretty much worked fine apart from the odd broken link that froze the receiver but that's to be expected.

Now, though, there clearly is an issue with both of them! Why was there a build update released that caused more problems than it fixed?
I totally understand the need to test these builds but the last major update was only released the other day. surely there should be more testing done with build 702 (which I thought was a major improvement & seemed to sort the drivers issue out!!) before releasing a build that creates nothing but more problems!!!

Larry-G
29-07-13, 23:57
we have nothing to do with those third party plugins and cant be expected to make the image always compatible with every plugin released just on the off chance that some one may want to use it.

It would also help us greatly if you could submit the various crash logs created by these incidents to us so that we can see whats going wrong with these plugins, although i have not seen any reports yet of similar crashes with any other receiver we support.

Rob van der Does
30-07-13, 04:56
We test releases on basic functionality; the functionality the box has been build for. These are watching TV, making recordings and watching those.
I'm not sure how you can expect us to test every image for every box with every plugin? That would literally make thousands of tests.
Contrary to several other image builders we do our best to keep our feeds 'clean', i.e. to provide only plugins on the feeds that we have tested and that have proven to work. On every update (of both image and plugin) that situation can change, and apart from our own testing we really need public advice on problems in that area.
The only way to be more or less sure is to use the box for what it was intended. For that purpose we have embedded a number of plugins, and those are the ones we try to maintain compatible as good as possible. But even then accidents happen.

And please don't forget to use the functionality we provide: if you set your box to make a settings (and maybe even an image backup before upgrading) you can revert to the previous situation in a couple of minutes.

mabozza
30-07-13, 19:07
Hey guys,

I wasn't having a go at the image, trust me I have tried every image there is for the TM range & the VIX is by far the best!! I just thought it was a bit strange to release an update that made things worse, I'm not sure what the issue was mediaportal but in the changelog it did say temp fix. I know there has been major issues all TM's with the drivers & after updating to build 702 it seemed to sort it out so I'll go back to that build & test some more! Was just having a moan last night as I had been to a couple of 'friends' & updated their receivers but didn't update any plugins til I got home to my own receiver, causing me to go back & undo! My own stupid fault I suppose:(.

As for doing backups I prefer not use backups & just do a fresh install, maybe it's just me but I think the receiver performs better!

Anyway sorry if I managed to piss anyone off! :thumbsup:

hullfc27
31-07-13, 21:01
yep mines just rebooting box now everytime i try use it :(

Rob van der Does
01-08-13, 05:22
I just did an extensive test of both MediaPortal & TS-Media on several boxes (on build 710), and I can't find any flaw at all.
I hope you installed the plugins from the ViX-feeds?
If you still have problems, I suggest to flash your box with build 710 and not restore any settings nor plugins.

mabozza
09-08-13, 13:37

Update on mediaportal issues.

Brand new TM Twin, flashed with build 715, installed TS Media & Media portal Ts media works perfectly fine, as soon as I tried to open mediaportal box crashed, reading the crashlog it looks like a media portal/vix issue & the way it's configured to open, it opens with a wall screen rather than the old list view. Have tried 4D image & installed mediaportal ipk file then updated & everything was fine, tried the same with vix & the same thing happened, as soon as you try to open the plugin the box crashes.

Trial
09-08-13, 14:01
Hi,
this is not a ViX problem it is a MediaPortal problem. In some cases the file /etc/enigma2/mp_pluginliste is not created. Expand the attached file and copy the content to /etc/enigma2 then it should start.

ciao

mabozza
09-08-13, 21:52
Thanks Trial, will give this a go & see if that solves it. :thumbsup:

mabozza
10-08-13, 21:56
Hi,
this is not a ViX problem it is a MediaPortal problem. In some cases the file /etc/enigma2/mp_pluginliste is not created. Expand the attached file and copy the content to /etc/enigma2 then it should start.

ciao

That solved it Trial, thanks very much for that you're a legend! Had to use it on the latest openatv image I was testing last night, so definitely not a VIX issue!
Thanks again m8!:D