PDA

View Full Version : Time shift not working

clem58
28-07-13, 23:26
I had to reflash my duo recently, so when I tried to use forward rewind they wouldn't co-operate. I was getting a msg to do with my hdd, to be honest I don't really understand it. Can anyone help me sort it?
Thanks in advance for replies.

judge
29-07-13, 01:13
have you set up PTS? Menu -> Setup -> System -> Timeshift settings.
Also, how is your HDD formatted? Blue button -> ViX -> Mount Manager should display the HDD & format type.
If not ext3 or ext4, format the hdd in the box. Menu -> Setup -> System -> Hard Disk -> Initialisation.

Rob van der Does
29-07-13, 06:59
I had to reflash my duo recently, so when I tried to use forward rewind they wouldn't co-operate.
Are you sure you pushed the right button? One should use either 'Paues' or 'Rewind' to enter timeshift, not 'forward'.

clem58
29-07-13, 18:51
Yes pressing the right buttons, i have had the box over a yr. I has happened before but not like this, it just won't work, pause does tough. I will try what judge posted and let you know what happens. Ta for your help guys.:thumbsup:

clem58
30-07-13, 01:31
have you set up PTS? Menu -> Setup -> System -> Timeshift settings.
Also, how is your HDD formatted? Blue button -> ViX -> Mount Manager should display the HDD & format type.
If not ext3 or ext4, format the hdd in the box. Menu -> Setup -> System -> Hard Disk -> Initialisation.

I followed your instruction, I had tried that before and it didn't help. This time I paused a channel then rewind it. Hit the stop button then tried to rewind as normal. That was how I solved it, ( with your help) odd. Thanks again.