PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Unable to edit/modify files

banie01
28-07-13, 14:56
Folks,
Having a bit of an issue lately where I can no longer edit/modify/delete files on the HD on my Vu Duo via Windows explorer.
I can edit and delete via Filezilla, but not on windows.
I can drag and drop via explorer but not modify.
I have done the usual right click>properties>security> and then selected full control, however the option never sticks nor does it stick when I try change the settings via the advanced option.

I'm running Vix 3.0.705 with Samba enabled and I'm a bit stumped now as to how to proceed?
Any ideas?

banie01
28-07-13, 15:58
Folks,
Having a bit of an issue lately where I can no longer edit/modify/delete files on the HD on my Vu Duo via Windows explorer.
I can edit and delete via Filezilla, but not on windows.
I can drag and drop via explorer but not modify.
I have done the usual right click>properties>security> and then selected full control, however the option never sticks nor does it stick when I try change the settings via the advanced option.

I'm running Vix 3.0.705 with Samba enabled and I'm a bit stumped now as to how to proceed?
Any ideas?

I post a question and then manage to fix it!
Typical! :p

I right clicked on the drive in windows explorer then>properties>security>advanced>change permissions>edit.
Then I ticked full control and changed the drop down to this folder sub-folder and files, hit ok then the permissions updated and seem to be working ok again now.

banie01
28-07-13, 17:41
Scratch the above, i still can't modify or rename via windows explorer :confused:

liveaboard
20-01-15, 19:46
I think I found it the solution. In windows explorer, select the file[s] on the VU that you want to modify; right click and choose properties. deselect "read only"
It worked for me.