PDA

View Full Version : streaming from my vu duo

hav it
28-07-13, 13:44
Hi how can I stream from my vu duo with VIX image to my pc or laptop as in going away to another country for a while.

hav it
28-07-13, 17:58
does it require opening up ports and vlc player on dreambox ?

Trial
28-07-13, 19:10
Hi,
do you have an uplink of 10MBit or higher? If not forget it because even good SD need 6 or more MBit/sec. It needs opening ports 80 and 8001 (8002 Solo2/Duo2 with transcoding) but give your box and web interface a decent password.

ciao

hav it
28-07-13, 21:20
so how would my pc find my dreambox on the next

Trial
28-07-13, 21:56
hi,
if you do not have a fixed IP you need a DNS provider like dyndns and then you can reach your network/Router with something like myrouter.dyndns.org.

dyndns is only an example and now a paid service. there are other provider like noip and some are free.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

hav it
28-07-13, 22:12
I use dns, its not paid now but you have to log in once a month. could I use vlc player and stream from my dream box,and get another dreambox and stream to that? and would it changed channels on my home say if someone was watching a program ?

Trial
29-07-13, 08:01
Hi,
dyndns is paid service if you create a new account. For us "old" guys it is still free.

If you upload is fast enough I would say create a VPN connection between two router then you can use your box at home the same way you are using it at home with remotechannelconverter (or something like that). If you upload is not fast enough look for slingbox (hardware) or Muuta (software which needs a running PC).

ciao

hav it
29-07-13, 12:49
Iv read up about vpn servers are they difficult to set up ?

Trial
29-07-13, 13:47
Hi,
VPN depends. My router at home supports VPN so I do not need to care about VPN in my NAS or STB. The manufacturer of the Router also has a FAQ about VPN and therefore it was quite easy.

ciao

hav it
29-07-13, 15:05
I know my router is a bt home hub, with a bt infinity modem. Guess I need to get reading abit more.

hav it
29-07-13, 18:54
with a vpn sever would I be able to watch a stream and a different channel that what someone it watching at home,or would it change the channel over at home. That could cause problem if eastenders was on lol

Trial
29-07-13, 19:48
Hi,
if a tuner is free there should be no problem with eastenders:-)

ciao

hav it
29-07-13, 20:55
Thanks trial for answering so many question, this is why this forum so helpful. If other members of my family were to use my server how many connection could you have at once, or would you need a tuner for every connection ?

Trial
29-07-13, 22:30
hi,
a stream is linke a recording so if the frequencies are different you need a free tuner. With open Webinterface only one stream is possible afaik. If you need more streams try the old Webinterface.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

hav it
29-07-13, 22:47
Lol now I'm lost how do I set up and use the old web interface

Trial
30-07-13, 07:40
Hi,
I am not sure perhaps it is on the feed. But two web interface might cause trouble. If you need more then one stream at a time you must give it a try. At least make an image backup before you start to try.

ciao