PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding not working

OldSkulRide
27-07-13, 07:51
Hi,

i just did fresh flash of OpenViX (previously I was using OpenATV) and I manually set up all settings - no backup involved.

Transcoding is enabled and with default settings but when I try to open stream via OpenWebIf, stream does not open. I also noticed that sound from current channel that is rolling on TV disappears when stream is (not) working.

Any clues what is going on? The same problem was with OpenATV.

Larry-G
27-07-13, 08:31
yes as was mentioned in the ViX image release notes transcoding is currently not working on none OE based images, it's a driver issue as far as i'm aware and were waiting on Vu as usual to fix it.

OldSkulRide
27-07-13, 09:09
Oh ok, havent noticed that. I have only noticed that blindscan is not working (see below). Apperantly its another Vu+ drivers story all over again :( And instead of fixing important things in drivers they are fiddling with not-so-important WOL function.

Known bugs (all driver related):
Blindscan not currently working.

Larry-G
27-07-13, 09:41
Oh ok, havent noticed that. I have only noticed that blindscan is not working (see below). Apperantly its another Vu+ drivers story all over again :( And instead of fixing important things in drivers they are fiddling with not-so-important WOL function.

Known bugs (all driver related):
Blindscan not currently working.

my bad i meant blindscan, sorry for the confusion, im sat at work feeling miserable for my self with a nice bout of hayfever coming on.

OldSkulRide
27-07-13, 10:23
What is wrong with transcoding then? Maybe ViX lead developer Andy can shed a light upon this problem?

Rob van der Does
27-07-13, 10:41
Not sure what went wrong in your case, but transcoding does work.
There is only the restriction that current live channel can't be transcoded.

andyblac
27-07-13, 10:46
just double checked transcode working fine here, on iPad2, open webif, open TV channel list, click on RIGHT stream icon, and wait for stream to open (can take 20 seconds),

also remember you can't transcode current live channel, ie if your duo2 is on BBC One HD, you can transcode that channel, bug in driver told vu when solo2 came out.

OldSkulRide
27-07-13, 12:49
Strangely it does not work for me. I have tested on FTA and encrypted channels and streams simply dont start!?! I can see that second or third tuner is in use when I start transcoded stream. Tried on two PCs btw. Ordinary streams work normally.

andyblac
27-07-13, 16:07
Strangely it does not work for me. I have tested on FTA and encrypted channels and streams simply dont start!?! I can see that second or third tuner is in use when I start transcoded stream. Tried on two PCs btw. Ordinary streams work normally.

irc, transcode does NOT work on pc's only mobile, for example VLC does not understand the codec.

OldSkulRide
27-07-13, 16:39
ohh didnt know that, need to try it on my crappy mobile then :D

Rob van der Does
27-07-13, 16:41
Or use 'BlueStacks' on your PC.

Trial
27-07-13, 20:18
Hi,
at least with the Solo2 the Windows Media Player plays the stream quite good you only have to wait for a minute and then press play of the WMP again. VLC really has problems with the codec.

I cannot check the DUO2.

ciao

nicoj24
28-07-13, 21:09
Hi guys I'm a bit new to e2 what is transcoding as looking at getting a duo 2 are they easy to use etc.

Larry-G
28-07-13, 22:37
transcoding basically means that the receiver can take live tv and recode it into a lower quality on the fly allowing you to stream it to mobile devices using substantially less bandwidth.

zoro25
30-07-13, 13:48
Do you have you have to open (forward) the port on the router even when transcoding on Local Network or is this only for transcoding over external network (Internet)?

Larry-G
30-07-13, 13:58
port forwarding is only needed for outside access to your receiver, for internal access within your own closed network port port warding is not needed.

Robinson
03-08-13, 22:24
irc, transcode does NOT work on pc's only mobile, for example VLC does not understand the codec.
OK, is that so? Pity because with BlackHole it works on PC's as well.

Larry-G
03-08-13, 22:35
OK, is that so? Pity because with BlackHole it works on PC's as well.

Blackhole and VTI for that matter image's are built directly from the Vu+ OI image, so things just work for them with little to no modification needed, for every one else substantial modification or patches from Vu are needed to get things working.

Trial
03-08-13, 22:51
hi,
it also works with ViX and PC but you might have to try different player.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

Robinson
04-08-13, 00:46
Thanks guys

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 03:29
it also works with ViX and PC but you might have to try different player.
Correct: works fine here for Solo2 & DUO2 using Mediaplayer Classic.

I have no idea why VLC doesn't do the job.

ashm3
25-10-13, 10:40
Hi guys im hoping you may be able to help.
I have got my du02 and im trying to get the transcoding to work but it just does not seem to no matter what I try.

I can get streaming to work on my S4 when on the lan but when I try to access the streams via the wan it just does not work, have got the ports forward as needed (8001 and 8002 transcoding) i have also enabled transcoding on the duo2. The phone trys to stream and then goes back to the channels list on Vu+ player.

Any ideas as to what im doing wrong

Larry-G
25-10-13, 10:44
I have got my du02 and im trying to get the transcoding to work but it just does not seem to no matter what I try.

I can get streaming to work on my S4 when on the lan but when I try to access the streams via the wan it just does not work, have got the ports forward as needed (8001 and 8002 transcoding) i have also enabled transcoding on the duo2. The phone trys to stream and then goes back to the channels list on Vu+ player.

we would need to know the image ( and build number if ViX ) that your using first, among other things.

ashm3
25-10-13, 10:46
I have doen a fresh install of the vix image build openvix-3.0.763-vuduo2_usb.zip

abdell67
30-11-13, 06:33

i have almost the same problem
i can stream when i'm in the same network
but cannot connect to the reciever when i'm outside the house
i'm on blackhole 2.0.7.2
thanks

Rob van der Does
30-11-13, 06:47
If it's working on your LAN that proves the box is working fine.
If it doesn't work from outside your LAN there must be something wrong in your LAN-setup (portforwarding).

moogwai
05-12-13, 19:42
is there an idiots guide to transcoding? i know nothing about it and would like to find out! vix 3.0 build 797.
i have a sony xperia z, what do i need to put on it?

Rob van der Does
05-12-13, 19:52
There are no idiots on our forum, so we won't need that :cool:

moogwai
05-12-13, 19:53
There are no idiots on our forum, so we won't need that :cool:

lol.....just a guide then :D

danivtec
06-12-13, 12:28
transtreamproxy was updated 2 days ago on the vu+ openplus git.

http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_openvuplus;a=commit;h=ea2d3b4ba83d6146c8 5f2037cb23671635307ad8

Larry-G
06-12-13, 12:31
transtreamproxy was updated 2 days ago on the vu+ openplus git.

That still does not necessarily mean it will work on any other images except BH and VTI as there based directly on the Vu+ image, the rest of us otfen need to patch such fixes / plugins to work on our images.

hristogo
16-12-13, 21:21
Hi,
I have blackhole 2.0.7.3. installed on VU+DUO2. and i have the follwing problem: i have opened both ports (8001 and 8002transcoding) and i have the streams working, I am trying to stream and transcode an FullHD chanell. I left the reciever working and from external location i managed to open both of the streams whitout problems with VLC and with WMP. Unfortunatelly i see no transcoding working. Both streams are with parameters 1920x1080, 25 fps, Bitrate 4000-15000 kbit/s. I have tried to change the parameters on the reciever (bitrate, fps) but without sucess. I also can not set the Vu+ player for android to work at all.
Why transcoding feature is not working? Do i need to install some plugin? Is it possible the reciever to have a defect and can not make transcoding?
Thanks in advance!

Trial
16-12-13, 21:23
Hi,
I think VU-Player does not support transcoding up to now. Try DreamDroid there you can setup the port which should be used.

ciao