PDA

View Full Version : tm twin oe motorized and fixed dish

percy121
26-07-13, 21:00
Hi all
Please dont shout at me if this has been asked before, I've spent hours trying to find the answer. As title says please can someone just tell me if they had same equipment how would you set up, does it matter if motorized is on a or b input. What would the settings have to be set to. I have single lnb and single cable from motorized and twin cable from sky dish. But would also like the lnb out go to my bedroom if poss
Thank you in advance

abu baniaz
26-07-13, 22:01
Hi, does not matter which input you use although there is a loopout for tuner A.

Simple, positioner and enter co ordinates for the tuner with cable from motor.

Simple, single, 28.2 for the one with cable from sky dish.

The second cable from sky dish is independent and can go to bedroom without issue.

percy121
26-07-13, 22:16
I only have icecrypt single tuner in bedroom, so if I motor in A input and sky cable in B, the loop from A tuner and motorized dish will go to the bedroom. Does that mean I can watch hotbird/thor etc in the bedroom moving the dish while wife watches astra2 eurobird in lounge. Thank you

abu baniaz
27-07-13, 00:41
That would work. You will have to keep changing the tuner config in the bedroom though. Slight complication if the Twin starts using the first tuner owing to recordings.

Rob van der Does
27-07-13, 03:38
I only have icecrypt single tuner in bedroom, so if I motor in A input and sky cable in B, the loop from A tuner and motorized dish will go to the bedroom. Does that mean I can watch hotbird/thor etc in the bedroom moving the dish while wife watches astra2 eurobird in lounge. Thank you
Yes you can.
The Twin in your living will mainly use tuner B (if preferred tuner has been set to 'auto), leaving tuner A free. That way your bedroom box will be able to control the motor (simply configure the bedroom box to use USALS as well).
Of course: as soon as the Twin is using tuner A (for a recording or whatever) the bedroom-box will be limited to transponders on the same satellite and in the same 'quadrant' (Hi/Low - Hor/Ver) as the Twin is looking at.

You will have to keep changing the tuner config in the bedroom though.
No: why would that be?

abu baniaz
27-07-13, 04:06
No: why would that be?
Because he has not got remote stream convert and the bedroom receiver needs to know where the dish is pointing. Does setting up USAL on the secondary receiver overcome this, it cannot control the motor?

Rob van der Does
27-07-13, 04:16
Does setting up USAL on the secondary receiver overcome this, it cannot control the motor?
Yes, it can, I have multiple boxes set up that way.

abu baniaz
27-07-13, 04:22
Many thanks for that Rob.

Please disregard post 4. I was wrong.