PDA

View Full Version : set up 1st day egp

dale_robertmoore
25-07-13, 21:21
hi lads got my vu+duo all pre flashed with vix today done all the wires and set up found lot of sly channels after the set up is complete there is nothing on freeview or anything. what should I do next??? thanks guys

Larry-G
25-07-13, 21:38
you need a upto date bouquet or channel list ( or use ABM to automate this ) then setup your EPG.

have a read of these they may help.

How to setup CrossEPG for Sky uk on ViX 3.0
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0&highlight=How+setup+CrossEPG+for+Sky+ViX+3.0)

dale_robertmoore
25-07-13, 21:49
thank you i'm doing that set up rite now :) will that help with ccam???

Larry-G
25-07-13, 21:52
no but there is another tutorial that may help you.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

dale_robertmoore
25-07-13, 21:58
thanks for yourtime ive got to this part Adapter settings ( write down the ip address in this case we have 192.168.0.6 ) I change the last numbers on my box,what do I do next I am very thick lol

dale_robertmoore
25-07-13, 22:10
pressed green for install plugin and now saying feeds are down for maintenance thanks for any help guys

dale_robertmoore
25-07-13, 22:26
am I missing something tried the download app on the box nothing comes up do I need to download and thing? thanks for yourtime

Larry-G
25-07-13, 22:31
menu> setup> system> software update > allow unstable "untested" updates = yes.

dale_robertmoore
25-07-13, 22:37
thanks mate you r good!!!!!!

dale_robertmoore
26-07-13, 06:28
Still can't green button and download plugging, do I need to put it on a usb stick maybe I've only got the vix installed on my box from the guy off eBay?

Sicilian
26-07-13, 06:36
Still can't green button and download plugging, do I need to put it on a usb stick maybe I've only got the vix installed on my box from the guy off eBay?

What image build are you on? Menu > Information > About. Latest build is 705.

If on lower, do an update. Menu > Setup > Software update.

Once rebooted, wait 5 mins.

Menu > Plugins > Press Green button to download plugins.

s1m0nw
26-07-13, 09:46
Sic when you guys are uploading latest vix doesnt that cauae the plugins to go offline??

dale_robertmoore
26-07-13, 16:46
What image build are you on? Menu > Information > About. Latest build is 705.

If on lower, do an update. Menu > Setup > Software update.

Once rebooted, wait 5 mins.

Menu > Plugins > Press Green button to download plugins.

Hi mate just doing up update hope it works now thanks for yourtime

chadda
11-03-14, 17:38
you need a upto date bouquet or channel list ( or use ABM to automate this ) then setup your EPG.

have a read of these they may help.

How to setup CrossEPG for Sky uk on ViX 3.0
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0&highlight=How+setup+CrossEPG+for+Sky+ViX+3.0)

Hi using a 1.8m dish for 28e plus a 1.2m motorized dish for euro sats
Model Vu-Duo version 3.0 build 808

Problem I am having is when following your tutorial after setup press download epg the motorized dish, which is pointed to 7w, starts to go to 28e Which it cannot receive?

As its to small to receive this sat --- hence using the 1.8m dish so my question is how to tell the motorized dish which is using usals not to look for 28e ?

Comes up with auto bouquet maker
Timeout for tuner lock
Hope I have explained correctly
Many thanks