PDA

View Full Version : Hi there New to thread and just ordered VU+ Duo

tomcoleman
14-10-10, 12:05
Hi there

I have just ordered a vu+ duo and sold my DM800 HD

I know nothing about the VU+ Duo images

Whats the best image on the VU at the moment?

Guidence would be great

sivhead
14-10-10, 14:47
A lot of people would say that the VIX Image is the best, but my personal preference is the Open Pli image. Downloaded from plis website. In my opinion it has better skins and updates nightly. If you are going to use PICONS (the little picture of the channel) when selecting the channel then be sure not to put the picons on the internal hard disk. If you put them on the hard disk you get a sandtimer when changing channels if the hard disk has stopped spinning. So put the picons on a usb key in the back.. This way if using the little picture icons the channel change is instant.

Everyone has there own personal preference only you can decide.

silverfox0786
14-10-10, 21:10
just to add on above vix now has a good working picon set and yes i agree usb or internal flash the icons not hdd i use vix for my duo but will say that i am an openpli fan too but i would stick that on a dreambox

whichever image you choose best bet is to usb flash it not nfi its quicker and make sure you get the usb version of the image and plave it in folder

vuplus/duo

How to flash a VU+ Duo using a USB stick
Quick guide how to flash a VU+ Duo receiver with a USB stick. Tools required are just your favourite image and at least a 128mb memory stick formatted FAT32.

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
4. Unzip the USB upgrade files (3) into that directory.
The 3 files are :
boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2
5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instructions.

note: not my tutorial curtosy of a previous member post that i cant remember

tomcoleman
15-10-10, 10:06
thanks for the advice i'll give VIX a go :)

whats the latest release of VIX and are there downloadable skins?

Sicilian
15-10-10, 11:26
thanks for the advice i'll give VIX a go :)

whats the latest release of VIX and are there downloadable skins?

Latest VIX is 1.1 http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2600-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v1.1-26-09-2010

The default skin is really nice, theres also another couple of skins available in the plugins feed.

Once installed run software update, blue button > Software management > Software update.

Stanman
15-10-10, 20:02
VIX is best and it has most plugins preinstalled.