PDA

View Full Version : voice not in sync with speaking

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 07:41
hi
ive updated to build 702 , the problem ive got is that when people are talking the voice is slightly behind them, its like watching a spaghetti western,it looks like its dubbed
is there any tweaks I can do to sort this or should I go back and try a previous build

TK4|2|1
24-07-13, 07:48
I've noticed the same.
There is a sync slider in the audio menu but it does little to correct it.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 07:53
I thought I was only one ,it is really annoying

Jony
24-07-13, 11:48
hi
ive updated to build 702 , the problem ive got is that when people are talking the voice is slightly behind them, its like watching a spaghetti western,it looks like its dubbed
is there any tweaks I can do to sort this or should I go back and try a previous build

which model/channel/satellite/since how long you had it ??? Please

TK4|2|1
24-07-13, 12:42
which model/channel/satellite/since how long you had it ??? Please

I would assume, seeing as this thread is in Technomate TM-2T-OE section, we are talking of a 2T? And since build 702 is only a few days old??
It is not only affecting satellite reception but streamed video via TSmedia.
But in my case, Astra 28.E and hotbird, are the only 2 satellites I receive.

Jony
24-07-13, 15:38
I would assume, seeing as this thread is in Technomate TM-2T-OE section, we are talking of a 2T? And since build 702 is only a few days old??
It is not only affecting satellite reception but streamed video via TSmedia.
But in my case, Astra 28.E and hotbird, are the only 2 satellites I receive.

I have been testing few film streaming via ts media. These films are all pirate and dubbed to different languages
from English to French or Turkish to English Etc. watching new York battleground full of lip sync, as well as others.
using 3rd party plagins/pirate films, you always this typs of problems.

irishchris
24-07-13, 16:25
I have been testing few film streaming via ts media. These films are all pirate and dubbed to different languages
from English to French or Turkish to English Etc. watching new York battleground full of lip sync, as well as others.
using 3rd party plagins/pirate films, you always this typs of problems.

But Jony as you can see he said it is also affecting live satellite tv as well as tsmedia so nothing to do with dubbing etc but as reported an issue with out of sync audio on live tv

Sicilian
24-07-13, 16:35
I've not been able to replicate any sync issues, using TM-2T with fresh flash.

Are you guys using online updated? Might pay to try a fresh flash.

Sicilian
24-07-13, 16:42
Anyone having sync issues, we need full info.

Satellite, channel, streaming, everything.

Sicilian
24-07-13, 16:50
Also, what audio are you using, HDMI to TV? Downmix on/off? HDMI to amp? Optical to amp?

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 16:56
hi thanks for all the replies
it happens on every channel ive got, using hdmi to tv , downmix is on, audio sync states bypass hdmi edid check on

Sicilian
24-07-13, 17:00
Try setting HDMI EDID check to off.

Did you do a fresh flash with backup restore?

Have you tried a manual single satellite can?

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 17:03
jony model is technomate tm 2t, satellite 28.2 astra, it happens on every channel I have,box is only 5 months old

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 17:04
ok Sicilian will try that thanks

Sicilian
24-07-13, 17:05
ok Sicilian will try that thanks

Reboot after making changes.

Larry-G
24-07-13, 17:29
rite hopefully i'm replying in the rite thread this time LOL.

I'll be doing a full reflash on my 2T in the morning and i'll test this although on build 701 i had no sync issues and i was testing with that for at least 4 hrs both thursday and friday

Sicilian
24-07-13, 17:31
rite hopefully i'm replying in the rite thread this time LOL.

I'll be doing a full reflash on my 2T in the morning and i'll test this although on build 701 i had no sync issues and i was testing with that for at least 4 hrs both thursday and friday

Try build 702 or newer if build completes in time please. I'm currently checking build 702.

Larry-G
24-07-13, 17:33
Try build 702 or newer if build completes in time please. I'm currently checking build 702.

yup will do.

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 17:34
ok update turned hdmi edid to off and restored to build 685 box did it stuff and rebooted and now sound seems to be in sync with lip movement

Sicilian
24-07-13, 17:34
Just sat through a load of Moonraker, lazer blasts going off left, right and centre, all in sync.

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 17:36
thanks Sicilian for your help, I don't think I will be so hasty next time I see green flashing dot on epg

Sicilian
24-07-13, 17:39
thanks Sicilian for your help, I don't think I will be so hasty next time I see green flashing dot on epg

All ok now? If so, what image build are you using?

Larry-G
24-07-13, 17:44

Thats what the backup feature is for, in cases where things dont go quite rite with a update or you just plain dont like the build you can restore back to your previously working setup in under 4 minutes directly from within the image manager it self, so no need to even get off the couch.

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 18:13
thought I restored to build 685 but when I go into information /about it says im on build 702

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 18:14
Thats what the backup feature is for, in cases where things dont go quite rite with a update or you just plain dont like the build you can restore back to your previously working setup in under 4 minutes directly from within the image manager it self, so no need to even get off the couch.

I thought that the green flashing dot meant a stable build

Larry-G
24-07-13, 18:27
I thought that the green flashing dot meant a stable build

yes it does but as with all software updates there is always a potential for issues to creep in that were not discovered during testing etc. on the whole it is recommended to update when you see the green icon, i always do and very rarely encounter a issue but as i said we also have a very advanced backup and restore facility built into the image for when things dont go as planned.

dougieduncan
24-07-13, 18:36
yes it does but as with all software updates there is always a potential for issues to creep in that were not discovered during testing etc. on the whole it is recommended to update when you see the green icon, i always do and very rarely encounter a issue but as i said we also have a very advanced backup and restore facility built into the image for when things dont go as planned.

thanks pheonix

TK4|2|1
26-07-13, 10:22
705 back in sync.

Larry-G
26-07-13, 11:24
705 back in sync.

confirmed, i tested all day yesterday with build 704 and it did not go out of sync once.

dougieduncan
27-07-13, 19:36
705 back in sync.

ive updated to 705 everything was working great all of a sudden lip syncing is worse than ever

scottmcroberts
30-07-13, 19:04
I have the same problem, worse on HD channels but lip sync is out on many channels, Fresh flash done on build 705 without restoring a backup and with restoring a backup, same issues, really do hope Technomate read all these posts as I am starting to lose faith in these boxes, been nothing but problem after problem. Channels in particular is STV HD (manuallly scanned in) and several channels in documentary bouquets Discovery, History etc. Tried it with timeshift on timeshift off, reset enigma, reset box

You name it I've done it

Stanman
30-07-13, 21:53
My 2T is fine no lyp synch at all having said that I though my Ultimo had issue whilst the kids were watching Violetta on Disney HD - turns out its a dubbed programm:eek::)

scottmcroberts
31-07-13, 10:55
Well , reflashed both boxes last night with 702 (driver set from the 19th) hey presto no more lip sync problems. will go back to a later one this weekend and see what happens.

The TM boxes are sent to test everybody, we shallnot be beaten :D, keep up the good work guys

scottmcroberts
31-07-13, 21:41
Lip sync disappeared again tonight and was back to being out on many channels, rolled back the driver to the 1st of July drivers and all looks good on all channels, so will keep you all posted.

Edit forgot about hd glitching on this driver set, so that is no use....grrrr

Larry-G
31-07-13, 23:21
seems there is a issue with the kernel version and drivers we were supplied with from TM, were awaiting a new kernel to test that will hopefully put to bed a lot of the issues seen over the last few months and more ( hopefully ).

scottmcroberts
01-08-13, 13:15
Looking forward to it Pheonix, reloaded the 19/07/2013 drivers last night and it was fine for an hour before I went to bed, will check again today (or more than likely, wife will phone and say "there's something wrong with this bl:eek::eek:dy box again", come on Technomate sort it out so everyone can say that the TM-2t is a fantastic box

Miraclealigner
06-04-19, 22:09
Any help appreciated here my video is about 3 mins in front of the audio it’s embarrassing does anyone know how to sort this on Mag box also getting audio description on every channel tried turning it off but not surprising that doesn’t work either id even take a new sub if not associated with my current one thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
06-04-19, 23:30
Any help appreciated here my video is about 3 mins in front of the audio it’s embarrassing does anyone know how to sort this on Mag box also getting audio description on every channel tried turning it off but not surprising that doesn’t work either id even take a new sub if not associated with my current one thanks

This is a 6 year old thread, you would have been better off creating a new thread with your issues. Your sync issues is most likely an issue with drivers for you MAG box. I know peeps with a MAG 322 that has sync issues.