PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] freezing,crashing,lost vix menu?

olly
23-07-13, 22:34
Hi all,this problem as serviced twice now in the last month.Im getting freezing and crashes,but when i looked at the menu Vix was missing off the list,with softcam manager also,so cannot try to restore.I was using the latest release at the time,2 weeks ago when it happened
What can cause this issue,currently have on demand plugin and using crossepg with usb flash drive,but no swap file.I will be adding a swap file once it's back going again.

Larry-G
23-07-13, 22:41
if you have no ViX menu or softcam menu then it's possible that the ViX core has become corrupted during a update or reflash. the best thing to do is a full fresh flash without restoring backups, just make sure you have copies of any important files and set it up again and you should be fine.

you can always get the latest stable images from our download site @ www.openvix.co.uk

olly
24-07-13, 12:51
I did use restore for backup,so perhaps that is why i had the issues,will try a fresh install and see how it goes.

olly
24-07-13, 12:56
I have just tried to format my usb stick that i use in the vu solo,but i cannot delete anything off it as my pc is saying its write protected? how can i get round this and remove write protection? cheers

BubbleBalls
24-07-13, 13:37
Happened on my Bro's USB. Spent a little time trying to fix if (format using windows and various other tools) but nothing worked. As it was relatively cheap it was shelved and a different one used.

Tapatalker

s1m0nw
24-07-13, 15:50
Look at ur usb stick closely and look to see if you can see a small slider, if you do slide it to otherside.

Larry-G
24-07-13, 15:56
Do you or did you use this USB stick for timeshift ? As I have seen a few users report USB sticks becoming none operational after 5 or 6 month's timeshift use.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

pooface
24-07-13, 16:17
Do you or did you use this USB stick for timeshift ? As I have seen a few users report USB sticks becoming none operational after 5 or 6 month's timeshift use.

I see the theory behind that, as high timeshift usage would cause the stick's memory to deteriorate. But I've used USB for timeshift for a long time (couple of years), with no problem...

Larry-G
24-07-13, 16:22
I see the theory behind that, as high timeshift usage would cause the stick's memory to deteriorate. But I've used USB for timeshift for a long time (couple of years), with no problem...

Yeah I have only seen maybe three reports about this on another forum so may be down to cheep USB sticks.

BubbleBalls
24-07-13, 17:22
The only time I came across this was with my Bro's stick. He bought from one of those Daily Deals sites and the price was stupid low - too good to be true - so was basically junk. It lasted a few weeks then packed up - no customer service follow up. If the price is too good to be true then it is too good to be true.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
24-07-13, 17:42
The only time I came across this was with my Bro's stick. He bought from one of those Daily Deals sites and the price was stupid low - too good to be true - so was basically junk. It lasted a few weeks then packed up - no customer service follow up. If the price is too good to be true then it is too good to be true.
Well, let's rephrase that: a stick like that might be good but NOT for semi-permanent write-read as timeshift does.

olly
24-07-13, 19:19
Not used for any time shift that I know of,and the stick was expensive I thought,think it was between £15-£18 for a Hama 8gb stick. Managed to format it,had to use hp format tool,windows would not format it at all.