PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] installed latest vix 3.0.702 - cannot record 2 different channels simulataneously????

hiohaa
23-07-13, 18:55
Well, ive never encountered this problem before.
I just upgraded from vix 2.4 to the latest VIX version, and all of a sudden its not letting me record 2 different programs on 2 different channels in the EPG!!!!
What on earth is going on?

For EG. 1 program on RT HD news, and another program on CH4 HD

Why is it giving me a 'timer sanity error' Conflicting timer???? ive never seen this before, its not conflicting.

So i want to record a program on Channel 4 HD tonight, 19.57 - 21.03.
I also want to record a program on RT HD tonight, 20.27 - 21.03.

It wont let me, its giving me the timer sanity error. However it DOES work with BBC 2 HD + RT HD.

basically i cannot record 2 premium channels simultaneously. Ive never seen this on any previous version of VIX (in 2.0 anyway)

Larry-G
23-07-13, 19:03
Check your tuner setup is correct.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hiohaa
23-07-13, 19:32
Check your tuner setup is correct.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tuner A: BCM 7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
Single
Sats: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F

Tuner B : exactly the same.

is that right?

it makes NO sense - right now i'm watching ch4 and recording something on RT HD right now. If I try and record what im watching now on Ch4, it won't let me record it.

Is the EPG broken? Some bug with the EPG sanity check error???

Larry-G
23-07-13, 19:55
simple
single
28.2 east
no

are the settings for both tuners assuming your using a separate feed per tuner, although it sounds like it's not seeing one of the tuners so try and confirm both are actually working by disabling one at a time. also check all f-plugs and coax incase something has changed with those.

hiohaa
23-07-13, 19:58
simple
single
28.2 east
no

are the settings for both tuners assuming your using a separate feed per tuner, although it sounds like it's not seeing one of the tuners so try and confirm both are actually working by disabling one at a time. also check all f-plugs and coax incase something has changed with those.

Yes those are the settings i have, for both tuners.
Regarding the tuners themselves, it is seeing both tuners.

I can watch one premium channel whilst recording on another.
I cannot record on both premium channels at the same time.

I disabled each of them independently and they both work fine individually.
What a load of rubbish, looks like i'll have to go back to 2.4.

satmanbasil
23-07-13, 20:02
Hi

When you say tuner B is exactly the same as A did you infact select to loop B through A ??

regards

hiohaa
23-07-13, 20:06
Hi

When you say tuner B is exactly the same as A did you infact select to loop B through A ??

regards

no, both of them independently set to simple, single, 28.2, No. AS I say, I can record on 1 premium channel and watch another fine. It just wont let me record from 2 different premium channels at the same time.

Larry-G
23-07-13, 20:20
What a load of rubbish, looks like i'll have to go back to 2.4.

well it's not the image at fault because i have it running just fine on seven receivers including two Duo's.

hiohaa
23-07-13, 20:22
well it's not the image at fault because i have it running just fine on seven receivers including two Duo's.

i never said it was the images fault. im going to flash and install again and see what happens. If it doesnt work again, i'll go back to 2.4 and if it Does work on 2.4 fine, I'll report it here. The only possible explanation then is its a bug with the image. I will report.

Larry-G
23-07-13, 20:41
Try re flashing the v3.0 bootloader for the Duo, it should not need it if your coming from the 2.4 series image but it wont hurt to try it.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Vu%2BDuo/

hiohaa
23-07-13, 21:45
Try re flashing the v3.0 bootloader for the Duo, it should not need it if your coming from the 2.4 series image but it wont hurt to try it.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Vu%2BDuo/

okay panic over.
Reflashed, its fine.

I think i know what happened - it was a fault with the EPG, but user fault.....I think i selected crossepg to download data off open TV 28.4, instead of 28.2. Maybe it thought I was trying to record programs off 2 different transponders and wouldnt allow it, or the EPG data didn't correspond with the tuner.

Whatever, it works now. Thanks for all the input.

Larry-G
23-07-13, 22:32
okay panic over.
Reflashed, its fine.

I think i know what happened - it was a fault with the EPG, but user fault.....I think i selected crossepg to download data off open TV 28.4, instead of 28.2. Maybe it thought I was trying to record programs off 2 different transponders and wouldnt allow it, or the EPG data didn't correspond with the tuner.

Whatever, it works now. Thanks for all the input.

I am genuinely pleased you managed to resolve your issue and thank you for keeping us updated.