PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Tune failed message and prolonged freezes\spinning VIX

banie01
22-07-13, 21:57
Folks,
I'm having an issue with my Duo lately where when I'm watching a channel where the picture will freeze and a ''tune failed'' message will appear for a few seconds before the picture resumes as normal.

It's most definitely not a card or Cam issue.
It is a Genuine Vu+
It's approaching 3yrs old now, I'm starting to thing it may be a capacitor or PSU issue as I'm getting a lot of hanging\spinning timers too lately.
Aside from the tuner issue.
Its getting to the stage where i could have a spinner on screen for 20 minutes :/ often needing a hard reboot to sort out.
I've ruled out the Diseqc switches and the LNBs(Swapped in some new ones but anyway its unlikely that 7 LNBs and 2 Switches would all fail at once)

Just to point out I've already done the usual troubleshooting, i.e
Clean Install already done and indeed redone with no backup restored.
My current setup is,
1TB HD installed only used for movies\storage.
Picons, EPG, Timeshift and swapfile all running from USB.
Drivers and Kernel all running latest updates.
I'm fairly certain that this isn't an image\software issue and the longer the issue persists the more it strikes me as similar to Thomson HD box psu problem.
If I had to guess at what the cause is, I would nearly guess at blown capacitors.
But I'm just wondering has anyone encountered similar?
Is it a known issue?
Before I crack her open to check it out?

satmanbasil
22-07-13, 22:31
Hi Mate

Few things to check first that your fan is working ok in this hot weather heat inside with the hdd will increase
Also what version are you working from in the past some minor glitches in updates have caused silly problems to happen so let us know what version.
It could be a early sign the caps on its way out you can read up on this within the forum if your confident with a solder iron.
You could start by doing a total reflash first but dont restore make a note of all your settings etc and if using cccam all the files and start again it may just be a conflict plugin / skin or last thing is memory leak which again your find a topic on the forum that can be fixed.

banie01
22-07-13, 23:12
Hi Bas,
Currently on 3.0.701, and have already done the fresh flash and no restore. I will run through it again though just in case.
The HD is rarely used as everything apart from movies/Series is on USB and the system fan seems clean but I'll give it a going over too.
Apart from CCcam and MGcamd the only other Plugin installed is Project Valerie, so the system is running fairly light.
I'm leaning towards a capacitor failing though as it seems to fit the symptoms?