PDA

View Full Version : Black vs. White remote and Duo2

OldSkulRide
22-07-13, 08:57
Hi,

few days ago i replaced aging Duo for Duo2. I immediately noticed that black remote (not the new one, old one from Solo2) which came with the receiver, does not work that well. It needs to be pointed to the receiver and even then some button are not detected sometimes!?
Then I tried with the old white remote that I was happily using with the Duo and situation improved a lot. I am not sure how, but white remote works a lot better than black one. You can point it 90 degrees from receiver and it will work. With black one this is SciFi.

What are your observations regarding remote control? I havent tested the new Duo2 black remote as I havent received it yet.

Trial
22-07-13, 09:31
Hi,
a lot of complains in Germany about the new remote. Some say that the from of the IR receiver in the box is coated which might disturb reception.

Funny thing as usual some say that the new remote is better then the old one.

Perhaps this situation is connected with the IR problem with certain LCD-/Plasma TVs.

ciao

OldSkulRide
22-07-13, 10:19
I read these complaints too. IR receiver or front plexi (?) panel cant be the issue as the white remote works OK. I believe no one really tested white remote on german boards. If they would, they wouldnt think that there is a problem with front panel or IR receiver.

I use plasma btw but i never had any problems with remotes responsivness.

Tkr001
23-07-13, 00:12
I had problems with my Solo2 and plasma when Duo was no problem. I resorted to tape over the IR receiver which helped. When Duo2 arrives will report back.

Rob van der Does
23-07-13, 06:01
Make sure to use the latest 22/7 drivers and follow the recipe to update the VFD-controller:

20130722(duo2)
- Fix loop-through problem when 2 dual tuners are installed
- Improve VFD controller update(VFD controller update will resolve remote control sensitivity issue)
- New VFD controller image and Upgrade HowTo document are at http://archive.vuplus.com/download/vfd/vuduo2/20130719/
- To upgrade VFD controller image, "Firmware Upgrade" plugin is needed.

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/vuplus-dvb-modules-vuduo2-3.3.8-4.4.3-20130722.tar.gz

OldSkulRide
23-07-13, 08:27
Thanks, need to try this asap but I cant seem to find Firmware upgrade plugin in .ipk form :/

Rob van der Does
23-07-13, 08:58
If you're not familiar with the do-it-yourself method, you'd better wait for the next build.

OldSkulRide
24-07-13, 08:56
It is definitely better than before but still not perfect.