PDA

View Full Version : Clean Plugins

Shadow81
21-07-13, 13:43
Hi, is there a way to properly remove plugins? Ive been using the logical method of doing it through the Vix UI, but now that I have removed unwanted plugins and skins which I had downloaded (none of the preinstalled ones) I get errors when going into plugins section telling me certain skin/plugin directories do not exist and i have to click ok button on remote to get passed that and into actual plugin section.

Doesnt seem to be causing any real issues that ive noticed but this is rather annoying, anyone know how to reslove this please?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 13:50
Some plugins are known for their problems during uninstall.

But there is a simple solution: make a settings backup, flash your box with build 702 and use 'restore' during the First Install Wizard.
That way your box will be fine againb in a couple of minutes.

Shadow81
21-07-13, 13:53
Does it matter that im already on 702?

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 15:24
Nope, is fine; just follow my above steps.

Shadow81
21-07-13, 15:30
Ok, not sure if Im doing this wrong..

downloaded 702, extracted, copied to freshly formatted fat32 usb (gigablue folder to root of usb) and rebooted.

Powered off quad, insert usb in front port, power on.

Seems to do something as usb led (on usb drive) flashes, and i get a "please wait.. loading) on the backdrop.. then quite a delay, then back to tv with all settings and cam etc as was.. no wizard, no option to restore... just as if nothing has happened/changed.

Where am i going wrong?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 15:35
Not sure about the flash-procedure, as I don't have a Quad.
Make sure there are no other folders on the stick and no image-folders on the HDD.

But surely you'll have to push a button or so to actually start the flash?

Shadow81
21-07-13, 16:09
Sorted. I wasnt getting anything on the lcd during reboot. I used a different usb pen and got prompted to press ok to start flash. After that was done, restored like you said and all seems good now.

Thank you very much for your help