PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo 2 not working - any ideas

satsatsat
21-07-13, 09:18
my solo 2 has gone mad...i was using blackhole in flash and VIX on meoboot,..
it will not now open properly it hangs on blackhole logo

i cant reflash it because when i try to it just opens to logo and does not show update usb menu on
front of the receiver..

i can however get into the machine using DCC and VUCC so i can talk to it but nothing else

can i factory reset it through telnet and if so how?

any other steps i can take to sort this out? any ideas

i have already gone into meoboot mupload and deleted VIX so just the flash should be working but nothing has changed

Larry-G
21-07-13, 09:28
That may be a question that only the creators of meoboot can answer as ViX do not endorse or support multiboot and to be honest it's something i have never even considered using my self.

Stanman
21-07-13, 09:33
If you can ftp in remove you config files, autotimers etc and flash.

satsatsat
21-07-13, 10:36
If you can ftp in remove you config files, autotimers etc and flash.

Ok i will try that now

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 10:45
We warned against multiboot over and over again.
Since there are fast, safe and easy to handle settings- and image backup tools I can't think of any reason to use a dangerous multiboot-environment.

satsatsat
21-07-13, 10:45
I do not really understand which bits to delete
And where they are ie which folders

hammyboy
21-07-13, 12:27
have you tried a fresh usb install with the hard drive disconnected? there were problems with backup of the bh image loading from hdd preventing fresh image loading from usb but im not sure if your problem is related.
hth
ham

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 12:29
have you tried a fresh usb install with the hard drive disconnected? there were problems with backup of the bh image loading from hdd preventing fresh image loading from usb but im not sure if your problem is related.

That has been fixed long ago. But worth a try though.

Only no need to disconnect the HDD; just check that there is no image on the HDD.