PDA

View Full Version : Help me enable picons on LCD

iceman214
20-07-13, 17:10
hi there im trying to get a setup like that running on my duo2 with the picons on a usb stick can you help?

zoro25
20-07-13, 19:32
hi there im trying to get a setup like that running on my duo2 with the picons on a usb stick can you help?

I don't have a Duo2 yet so this is only a guess, but I think that you would just change the line.
config.PiconPath=/media/hdd/picon/ to the the path of your USB /media/usb/picon for example?

iceman214
20-07-13, 19:39
thanks for the advice but ive always just downloaded them via tspanel so its all new to me doing it any other way i have the picons in a folder on my usb plugged it in and mounted it

so where would i find the config.piconpath?

sorry for being a noob

zoro25
20-07-13, 21:01
Open the above LCD file in the RAR and change the path in that file.

Then (once again I'm guessing here) replace the LCD on your box with your new edited one by FTP.

Actually I've also just noticed that I'm guessing our conversation is off topic?, It might be an idea to open a new support thread requesting help which will keep this one clean for LCD4Linux new configs.

iceman214
20-07-13, 22:12
hi all some help on getting this up and running would be great had a lil help but still no joy

maybe a little how to would be great

iceman214
20-07-13, 22:12
opps yeah your right

judge
21-07-13, 00:49
opps yeah your right

Yes, slightly off topic but picons or anything else mounted via tspanel is never a good idea on any supported vix image.

Sicilian
21-07-13, 05:14
Moved all your posts into its own thread.

Firstly, what image are you using?
Have you turned on LCD4Linux?

iceman214
21-07-13, 08:43
i dont have tspanel on and im using vix imagae and the lcd4linux is turned on

Sicilian
21-07-13, 08:48
Menu > Plugins > Select LCD4Linux > While in the plugin press Menu and select load defaults.

Or load this config from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29977-Post-your-working-VU-Duo2-LCD4Linux-configs

Following this guide to load the config http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29976-How-to-backup-and-restore-your-VU-Duo2-LCD4Linux-config

iceman214
21-07-13, 08:56
followed guide screen changes to the setup theat you have but no picons?? sorry for being such a noob here

Sicilian
21-07-13, 09:02
Where are your picons located?

iceman214
21-07-13, 09:05
on a usb stick thats been mounted

Sicilian
21-07-13, 09:15
Menu > Plugins > LCD4Linux > Press to BLUE button for 'Set on' settings > Scroll to picon path[ok] > Press OK button on remote and navigate to picon folder. You'll prob have something like /media/usb/picon

iceman214
21-07-13, 09:27
yeah tried that still no joy does the picons need to be in a folder named picons on the usb thats how i have it just checking that is right and do the picons need to be a certain size as i just grabbed them from a forum

Larry-G
21-07-13, 09:34
yeah tried that still no joy does the picons need to be in a folder named picons on the usb thats how i have it just checking that is right and do the picons need to be a certain size as i just grabbed them from a forum

The picons need to be in a folder named picon not picons, if your folder is named picons the image wont recognise them.

Stanman
21-07-13, 09:35
No idea on the D2 for LCD but rest of boxes folder needs to be picons.

Sicilian
21-07-13, 09:46
No idea on the D2 for LCD but rest of boxes folder needs to be picons.

No, the folder needs to be named picon

chris-k
21-07-13, 11:26
a question...is it possible to get the tv Picture shown on lcd aswell as on tv ??

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 11:29
Nope, it is not.
The LCD is a very slow device; the shortest update rate seems to be 5 seconds.

iceman214
21-07-13, 12:14
hmmmm still cant get picons to work grrrr

iceman214
21-07-13, 14:27
sorted thanks for the help guys just need some good quality picons now lol any ideas guys the ones i have arnt very good

Larry-G
21-07-13, 14:49
a question...is it possible to get the tv Picture shown on lcd aswell as on tv ??

no because it's not a true LCD it can only display images which is what the LCD4linux plugin does, LCD4linux basically creates a image then passes this onto the LCD to be displayed, this is also a massively memory hungry task using 10 percent of the cpu power on it's own.

Gerry55
11-08-13, 17:26
is it possible to turn the LCD4linux plugin off and if it is how?

andyblac
13-08-13, 08:45
is it possible to turn the LCD4linux plugin off and if it is how?

yes, in plugins, LCD4Linux, should be an option in first setup screen.

Clabs
13-08-13, 12:08

It is possible to get a TV picture (of sorts!) on the LCD display. Menu>Plugins>LCD4linux then press blue button (set on) and scroll to the very last item in the menu and enable Stutter TV. As the name implies though, it is pretty stuttery. Personally, I cannot think of any reason I would want to use it, and as previously mentioned, it does seem to be a bit of a resource hogger.

(perhaps this needs splitting off into it's own thread?)

Larry-G
13-08-13, 12:30
It is possible to get a TV picture (of sorts!) on the LCD display. Menu>Plugins>LCD4linux then press blue button (set on) and scroll to the very last item in the menu and enable Stutter TV. As the name implies though, it is pretty stuttery. Personally, I cannot think of any reason I would want to use it, and as previously mentioned, it does seem to be a bit of a resource hogger.

(perhaps this needs splitting off into it's own thread?)

The LCD can only display still images and not live video hence the stutter as the plugin LCD4linux has to grab a still image and port it to the LCD.

Clabs
13-08-13, 13:36
The LCD can only display still images and not live video hence the stutter as the plugin LCD4linux has to grab a still image and port it to the LCD.

I realise that. Still, I does do what the OP was asking - display a picture of what is on the tv screen :)

Rob van der Does
13-08-13, 13:50
Nor can I.
Tbh: I find the whole LCD a bit of a gimmick, not really useful.

Göktytan
15-08-13, 17:47
sorted thanks for the help guys just need some good quality picons now lol any ideas guys the ones i have arnt very good

How did you solved it ?

Clabs
15-08-13, 18:00
How did you solved it ?

What part are you stuck on?

First of all get picons working so they are displayed in the EPG etc and then it is pretty straightforward to get them working on the LCD screen.

Post back with how far you have got.