PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Remote

darken9
20-07-13, 16:26
My remote is knackered, I think. Every button press does the same thing, brings up the info bar. Sometimes it will keep popping up even when no button is pressed. I took the whole control apart and cleaned it, looking for water damage, there wasn't any.
Before I buy a new one is there anyone else who has had this problem and fixed it?

Also, since I cannot access any menus I am unable to set up dreamdroid on my phone, is there any way of controlling the box from my laptop?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
20-07-13, 17:37
Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled? If so: disable it.
If the problem then still occurs: de-install it.

darken9
21-07-13, 01:35
I can't access HDMI-CEC or do anything because every button brings up the info bar. And the sickner is I disabled webinf plugin so I cant access the box via LAN. Look like I'll have to wait till Monday to pick up a new remote.

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 05:55
I promise you: chances are 99% that a new remote won't help.
Just flash the box, no restore, and go from there.
Or FTP to the box and delete the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/HdmiCEC
Then restart via telnet (init 6).

satmanbasil
22-07-13, 14:09
Hi mate

Type the receiver IP addy into your browser and if enabled you should get the open webif program that allows you to change channels via the pc it even has a remote function on screen for easy use.

But do try a reflash incase its a glitch with the receiver.

darken9
23-07-13, 01:32
So I bought a new remote without having read Robs advice but it does not work, at all, no response. Then I deleted the hdmiCec folder and nothing, and then re-flashed the box. And still no joy. When it came to setting up after the install I could not move up or down because every button press is triggering the "OK" action, which meant I was forced to reinstall the restore backup. So now I am back to square one. I still cant access webinf. BUT at least I have now discovered the dial on the front left of the box which changes the channels.
Why would the new remote not work at all. The guy in the shop was surprised that my remote was white, its a legit box I bought 3 years ago when they first came out. Could the IR sensor be faulty? The info bar will pop up randomly when the remote is not in hand.

Ideas??

Rob van der Does
23-07-13, 05:54
The DUO's were originally sold with the white R/C, so that's no surprise.

darken9
23-07-13, 11:58
That's what I thought. So why would the new black remote not work, did I get a dud? IS there some sort of set-up to be done?
When I take the batteries out of the old remote the phantom button pressing stops, so that leads me to suspect the remote and not a dodgy IR sensor.

judge
23-07-13, 12:01
have you changed the remote control code of the new black remote to see if it then works?

Rob van der Does
23-07-13, 12:01
Have you set the new R/C to use code 1?

darken9
23-07-13, 17:27
Ok how do I do that, I've googled it and found nothing.

Actually, forget that, I found a guide, Great, I'll try it out when I get home.
Cheers

darken9
23-07-13, 19:00
BOOOOM. Success!!
New remote is working now. Was almost about to post that there was no led lighting up when I held down buttons but figured I'd try brand new batteries and what do you know BUT the old remote still is knackered even with the new batteries so its definitely a dodgy remote.

Thanks a mill guys for the help.