PDA

View Full Version : Original Image - Softcam Manager Plugin and Thoughts

plusser
13-10-10, 20:33
I've loaded the latest original image and installed CCcam2.14.
However, I can't find a way to stop/start.restart the cam. I noticed in most other images there is a "softcam manger" that does this. I can't find it anywhere - anyone point me in the right direction?

Secondly, I've tried to remove as much "bloat" as possible, so removed all unecessary plugins.
However, Media Scanner won't budge - it gives an error "depended upon by packages task-vuplus-enigma2". Anyone enlighten me as to how to get rid of it? For the life of me, I can't understand why the original image has ANY optional plugins installed as default in the first place anyway.

One gripe I have so far, is that playing with certain plugins can destroy (or at least permanently change) the operating system. The worst offender is "Software Manager" which totally takes over the plugin menu and can't be removed (only way appears to be a re-install of image). Surely, ALL plugins should have a remove or wind-back feature?

So far, got to say that all the hype about this box is right on the money - I've tried Dreamboxes (notably the D600) and thought it was total cr*p

Regards,
+er