PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Vu+ Duo2 ViX Team Image Discussion.

Larry-G
20-07-13, 05:49
http://i.imgur.com/Zltzlab.png

Proudly Introduces a Brand New ViX Image for the
Vu+ Duo 2

http://i.imgur.com/xYrBNoB.jpg?1

OpenViX 3.0.701

GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.3.8
Vu+ Drivers: 19-07-2013

Known bugs (all driver related):
Blindscan not currently working.

Features

AutoBouquetsMaker ( ABM )
Allows you to setup and automate the process of creating and maintaining a region specific channel bouquets for Sky uk ( plus some European providers )
VIX EPG
Includes Graphical EPG, Text mode, InfobarEPG and Bouquet list graphical EPG modes
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (19/07/2013).

HBBTV available as plugin from feeds

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
Ocram for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC
scwheeler for his work on the MetrixHD skin mods
Rob van der Does for his skins, Magic Hd and Light

Delagroov for his skins Magic Hd Night/Noire
Nashu for his skins NeoNOVUM_HD & myNOVUM_HD.

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Download site for Latest stable OpenViX Image Builds HERE (http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo2/) AND Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30016-Vu-Duo2-ViX-Team-Image-3-0-Release-Thread)

E2Royal
22-08-13, 16:44
After enjoying my Duo with VIX for a number of years I have acquired a Duo2 from World-of-Satellite with two dual tuners with VIX pre-loaded.

Somewhere I read that the Duo2 can support up to six Diseqc motors. How are they supposed to be setup?
I only have two motors and have set it so that:
Tuner A is Main Diseqc Dish that covers +/- 65 degrees
Tuner B is Second lead from Main Diseqc Dish LNB
Tuner C is Secondary Diseqc Dish that covers +/- 15 degrees only due to trees
Tuner D is Second lead from Secondary Diseqc Dish LNB.

This setup should enable me to record from different satellites simultaneously. How can I specify which dish is used for the satellites that are covered by both motors?

Thanks in advance.

Rob van der Does
22-08-13, 18:05
You don't.

Enigma is smart enough to make a choice.

Rob van der Does
22-08-13, 18:14
Additional: when 'preferred tuner' is set to 'Auto' (the default value) the box will always first try to use the tuner that has the least number of satellites available.
This can also turn out the wrong way: e.g. you are watching live-TV, and no recordings or streams are active. That means that the tuner with the smallest amount of sats will be used. If a recording starts, it will thus choose the other tuner. From now on, live-TV is limited to the tuner you were on.

E2Royal
22-08-13, 22:12
Thanks for that.

On the Duo when I used the two tuners available to control the same diseqc motors too often the Enigma got confused and didn't know which motor to send so did nothing and I missed the recording.

E2Royal
22-08-13, 22:17
On another matter I may have found something in VIX that does not work or does not work for me.

In System/Channel Selection Settings/Jump first Press in channel selection*
It is always on Numbers whether Numbers or Alpha is selected. Even after a restart.

Rob van der Does
23-08-13, 06:09
In System/Channel Selection Settings/Jump first Press in channel selection*
It is always on Numbers whether Numbers or Alpha is selected. Even after a restart.
Than you have channel numbers as part of the channel names?

E2Royal
23-08-13, 08:11
I always use the latest Vhannibal Motor 75E - 45W settings which do not show channel numbers they are alphabetical. I never had this problem on the Duo. Strange.

Rob van der Does
23-08-13, 09:08
Please go to RC-code and enable text support.

E2Royal
23-08-13, 15:58
That solved the problem.

Thanks very much.

E2Royal
25-08-13, 21:40
And another question.

Is there a simple way to get the EPG button on the remote control to display EPG instead of Bouquets List

Many thanks

judge
25-08-13, 21:48
And another question.

Is there a simple way to get the EPG button on the remote control to display EPG instead of Bouquets List

Many thanks
It does by default.
You must have changed it to show bouquets.

Rob van der Does
25-08-13, 21:51
Maybe EPG is set to always show bouquets?
EPG --> Menu

Clabs
25-08-13, 21:55
And another question.

Many thanks

Menu>Setup>System>EPG>GraphicalEPGsettings>Show bouquet on launch = no

E2Royal
27-08-13, 20:55
Works perfectly now. Many thanks. Surprised that's not the default setting.

E2Royal
27-08-13, 21:05
I must say how impressed I am with the VIX software on the Duo2; everything just works perfectly for me when I get the settings right. Thanks to this forum I'm learning something every day.

I still have my Duo working and have always found it a little unstable regarding saving the daily EPG data and other areas but it has done and still does a good job for me since it first was introduced.

However, I'm really pleased I have the Duo2.

Thanks to the Team.

JosFop4Sat
19-09-13, 20:16
I am very pleased with the Vu+ Duo2 and the latest Vix 3.0.740. Almost perfect, I would say :cool:
I am not sure if it was on the first flash, but every time after reboot, the sound is muted. I can start it with one of the volume buttons.
Is this a known issue, or do I have it only?

judge
19-09-13, 20:21
Not a known issue, how are you rebooting the box?

Rob van der Does
19-09-13, 21:43
Sorry Jos, never had this. And my boxes are rebooted (and reflashed) very often.

I presume you see no mute-icon when this happens?
Do you have any HDMI-CEC capable device connected? If so, try disabling HDMI-CEC, or even de-install the plugin completely.

JosFop4Sat
20-09-13, 18:25
Yes, I see no mute icon when this happens and it happens every time after a reboot, hot or cold. I have removed the HDMI-CEC, but with no effect.
I shall try a clean flash tomorrow.

Obecny
22-09-13, 11:06
Hi, I am new here just short question I am using the last build 742 if remember correctly, just a first time tried to check system and memory status and surprising there is "only" 965052 Total Memory and 456.8M flash (it is like a half of what I expected) I didn't check it on different images but I suppose it is some bug or my receiver is not really as should be, thanks

Larry-G
22-09-13, 11:19
No thats correct, portions of the ram / flash are reserved for system use and not available to the end user, you can see exactly what is available by creating a bootlog.

Obecny
08-10-13, 14:33
Hi again, another thing disturbing me a little :) I am trying to set up a diseqc 4x1 switch and I am absolutely sure when I started to do it a few days ago the lists of predefined satellites was very very long but now after a few updates or maybe my own fault and changing some settings I getting only four satellites to select 13, 16, 19, 28 all numbered from 01 to 04 and nothing else all of those sats was my first choice so no problem at all but now I wish to change 16 to 23 and 23 is not on the list any more :/ I am absolutely sure it was there on the beginning of my tests and lots of others as well without numbers on the front of the name. thanks

TimoJ
15-11-13, 20:24
When I close the movies playback center (not sure what's the right name for it), current TV channel does not appear immediately but goes blank for a brief moment. Still the same channel is already displayed in the movie playback center's PiP-window, so why is the channel re-tuned when I exit the playback center? Is there a setting that disables this?

Garglo
17-11-13, 00:49
My problem is recording TV programs off Optus D2 152E which has no epg data stream. I have the channel I'm interested in program schedule, and so it would be great to add a start date and time.

Two areas where the problem could be solved with an update.

On the EPG Extended screen, I OK on the time line even though it shows no popup screen for recording settings of date and time as usual for one with a EPG date steam. Can this be activated?

If I press record (red), I see the recording screen with 9 options which do not include a START TIME. The no 5 "Add recording (enter recording end time)" is good as an end concept.
Maybe add "Add recording (enter start and end time)"
I note that the No.1 option "Stop recording" and the No.9 option "Do not Record" appear to do the same thing. Maybe change one of these to make way for the option I suggest.

TeflonDon
23-11-13, 07:28
VU+ Duo2 Crashes
Hi all I am a newbie

Anytime i go to a submenu, my box crashes and reboots. it happens to the two boxes i have

Using the openvix-3.0.775-vuduo2_usb

Crash logs attached. Any help?

Sicilian
23-11-13, 07:29
VU+ Duo2 Crashes
Hi all I am a newbie

Anytime i go to a submenu, my box crashes and reboots. it happens to the two boxes i have

Using the openvix-3.0.775-vuduo2_usb

Crash logs attached. Any help?

Start your own thread here please http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?298-ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion

Garglo
25-11-13, 23:11
My problem is recording TV programs off Optus D2 152E which has no epg data stream. I have the channel I'm interested in program schedule, and so it would be great to add a start date and time.

Two areas where the problem could be solved with an update.

On the EPG Extended screen, I OK on the time line even though it shows no popup screen for recording settings of date and time as usual for one with a EPG date steam. Can this be activated?

If I press record (red), I see the recording screen with 9 options which do not include a START TIME. The no 5 "Add recording (enter recording end time)" is good as an end concept.
Maybe add "Add recording (enter start and end time)"
I note that the No.1 option "Stop recording" and the No.9 option "Do not Record" appear to do the same thing. Maybe change one of these to make way for the option I suggest.

Can anyone suggest a temporary work around this problem. Who needs to look at this comment/suggestion?

Tkr001
26-11-13, 23:17
You should open your own thread for this where you are more likely to get a response rather than posting in a general discusion thread.

Garglo
27-11-13, 12:26
Have just found a work around via the second info screen and putting in the date and the start and end times. Re threads .. . Will do as you suggest next time.