PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Recording off specified tuner

purenirvana
19-07-13, 14:16
Hi,

I've just done a quick search on this and I couldn't find if this has been asked before. Is there a setting somewhere to prioritise recordings to be made off a specific tuner?

For example, in my situation I have a fixed dish on one tuner and a motorised on the other. It is annoying when a recording has started on the motorised tuner prior to me sitting down to watch TV, meaning I'm stuck with watching whatever I can receive on the fixed dish.

Is it possible to tell a recording to start on the fixed dish tuner if this is available, thereby leaving the motorised dish tuner free to move around to other satellites when I come to watch TV after said recording has already started?

I know the tuner priority set to 'auto' sort of does this by picking the tuner with the lowest number of satellites first. The only trouble with this is that if you're watching TV already and a recording starts, the recording now goes onto the other tuner with the motor as 'auto' has put your 'live viewing' onto the lower number of satellites tuner.

It would be better in my opinion if you could set your motorised tuner as the priority tuner, and thus forcing the recording onto the fixed tuner when viewing 'live', but also being able to force recordings onto the fixed tuner even when the motorised is free, and thus giving you freedom to still move your motorised dish around if you come to watch TV after a recording has started.

Please don't take this as a complaint, I think the ViX Team images are second to none and the support on the forums is great! I can only thank everyone for their hard work :)

Rob van der Does
19-07-13, 15:27
In one word: nope.

purenirvana
21-07-13, 13:13
In one word: nope.

Ok, that's what I thought.

I think it would be a great addition to the recording options menu and would help lots of people with a motorised and fixed dish set up. I only wish I had the skills to program something like that in. Alas I don't! Is there a sort of 'features suggestion box' I can use to propose it to be added when time permits?

Rob van der Does
21-07-13, 13:33
You can do any suggestion the way you just did: we read every single posting.

But in this area I'll have to disappoint you: such an algorithm would be extremely difficult to implement.