PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Can vix multistream with solo2?

boyofford
18-07-13, 16:32
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if vix image can multistream channels i.e. stream channel A to on computer running xbmc and stream another channel to my phone(or another computer running xbmc).

I've got a Solo2 running Blackhole image at the moment and it doesn't work however someone recently posted a request and mentioned the vix image had this capability, is that true?

I'm hesitant about changing image, mainly because the family has got used to Blackhole, but if multistreaming works I may change image.

Hope above makes sense, let me know if not.

Thanks
Rich

Ps. I have two LNBs connected to the tuners.

twol
18-07-13, 17:07
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if vix image can multistream channels i.e. stream channel A to on computer running xbmc and stream another channel to my phone(or another computer running xbmc).

I've got a Solo2 running Blackhole image at the moment and it doesn't work however someone recently posted a request and mentioned the vix image had this capability, is that true?

I'm hesitant about changing image, mainly because the family has got used to Blackhole, but if multistreaming works I may change image.

Hope above makes sense, let me know if not.

Thanks
Rich

Ps. I have two LNBs connected to the tuners.
Well I can stream my ET9200 to one TV via my Dune and stream to another via my 2nd Enigma2 receiver ... but I am surprised that the Blackhole image will not allow this to happen.:)

pooface
18-07-13, 17:27
Are you talking about transcoding, or streaming?

I am unsure about transcoding, as I don't have a box that can transcode, but in terms of streaming, I have been able to stream multiple streams from et9000 and ultimo without issues. I'm sure I've also been able to stream from the solo as long as the channels are on same polarity and transponder...

If it's streaming, I'd to agree with poster before, and be dismayed that blackhole cannot do that, as that's a standard e2 feature :confused:

boyofford
18-07-13, 20:00
Well it might be something wrongly setup, but it doesn't work, can't think what though. If select channel I lose stream to other device.
Running gigabyte lan, but admittedly 100mb network adapters in PCs.
Moving up from 500s I'd assumed box would do multistreaming but it didn't I just left it!

Not talking about transcoding, just full streams. Someone else on blackhole forum mentioned it so thought I'd check here.

Interesting, might have to have a go with vix and see how it goes.

Thanks for quick answers guys!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
18-07-13, 21:09
You should indeed be able to enjoy multiple simultaneous (not transcoded) streams.

But of course there are limitations: the box can only handle as much as the tuner config allows. And recordings can also ruin streams as they have a higher priority.

Trial
18-07-13, 21:34
hi,
afaik open Webinterface only allows one stream. try old Webinterface.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2