PDA

View Full Version : Please post all VU+ Duo2 LCD4Linux support questions in this section

Sicilian
18-07-13, 05:33
As the title, please post all VU+ Duo2 LCD4Linux support questions in this section. Created this section so all LCD4Linux questions can easily be followed.

Fred
30-07-13, 01:53
OK folks… here goes a first question… probably a no brainer, but I can't find the answer.
Elsewhere here is a thread with users configuration files. According to LCD4Linux's site, these should go in the /etc/ folder and are named lcd4linux.conf. The trouble is, these user files are "blabla.lcd" files, and on my Duo2, there is no existing lcd4linux.conf file, even though I've created a configuration of my own :eek:
So where do these user files go :confused:
Thanks for any pointers.

Rob van der Does
30-07-13, 05:18
If you FTP them to /temp then go to the plugin, choose Menu and import settings.

The version we have is slightly different from the on on the 'official' site.

Fred
30-07-13, 13:20
If you FTP them to /temp then go to the plugin, choose Menu and import settings.

The version we have is slightly different from the on on the 'official' site.

OK… that's straightforward enough… when you know ;)

Thanks a lot for your answer :thumbsup:

Gerry55
10-08-13, 11:17
Could someone please tell me how to turn the LCD screen off i.e a black screen.

Rob van der Does
10-08-13, 12:21
You tried to disable it (first line in first screen)?

Gerry55
10-08-13, 14:04
Hi Rob van der Does
Yes that the first thing I tried

cosie
10-08-13, 14:26
Hey rob I used your LCD cfg and all works great,but one question.how do I change the weather to a different country:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fred
10-08-13, 16:15
Hey rob I used your LCD cfg and all works great,but one question.how do I change the weather to a different country:)

Well I can answer that one !! Open the plug and in the settings, scroll down to the weather section. You will probably spot a city already entered… just select it and replace with the city of your choice :cool:

Rob van der Does
10-08-13, 17:40
On the first page of the settings. Just enter a city and see if that gives the correct results.

iceman214
11-08-13, 16:52
quick question im trying to edit the screen in the middle of my duo 2
im wanting to edit what it shows in standby can anyone help

Rob van der Does
11-08-13, 17:26
Use blue to go to 'Idle'.

iceman214
11-08-13, 17:40
yeah ive been there and tried it it only seems to change whats on the lcd screen i cant seem to see where the info thats on the other screen in standby is

Rob van der Does
11-08-13, 18:14
where the info thats on the other screen in standby is
????
I have no idea what you mean.

iceman214
11-08-13, 18:24
sorry not explaining very well am i lol

if i press blue button till i get the the idle section in the list then as you scroll down it shows whats active and whats not

at moment in standby i have day/date/month/year and on next line time the year is only half on the screen

does this explain a lil better

Rob van der Does
11-08-13, 19:07
Why don't you upload a screen? They are in /tmp

Clabs
11-08-13, 19:27
yeah ive been there and tried it it only seems to change whats on the lcd screen i cant seem to see where the info thats on the other screen in standby is

????
I have no idea what you mean.

Rob - I think Iceman is wanting to change the VFD display.

iceman214
11-08-13, 20:02
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg620/icemanmarc/photo3.jpg (http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/icemanmarc/media/photo3.jpg.html)

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg620/icemanmarc/photo2.jpg (http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/icemanmarc/media/photo2.jpg.html)

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg620/icemanmarc/photo3.jpg (http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/icemanmarc/media/photo3.jpg.html)

Rob van der Does
11-08-13, 20:34
Ahh, no, the plugin is only for the LCD.

iceman214
11-08-13, 20:36
ah ok can i not change the other screen

Clabs
11-08-13, 21:30
ah ok can i not change the other screen

Yes, you can buddy, but there is no plugin for this. You need to get familiar with editing .xml files.

If you are not familiar with that sort of stuff, you would probably be better off posting in the skinning section of the forum with exactly you want on the display and see if someone will help you out.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?393-ViX-Team-Skinning-Discussion

iceman214
11-08-13, 21:43
thanks for the info guys

molcy
09-09-13, 20:13
hello,

How do I install LCD4Linux v3.7 r3 manually from shell?

currently, How can I learn what the current version is ?

with many thanks
Molcy

Glav
20-09-13, 16:33
hello,

I was not able to get my LCD to work (completely blank) no matter what settings I used in LCD4linux so I loaded a config file I got on this site into tmp and loaded it but still nothing, any ideas whats preventing it from showing up. 3 Day old VU+ DUO2 BlackHole Image.

Please Help

Thanks

im2020
09-10-13, 23:45
I've forgotten how I managed to reduce by half the size of the clock in the lcd standby display on my duo2.

Can anyone remind me?

AJT
05-11-13, 09:53
Hi guys.Just a pre box question.Are there present configs for lcd and vfd displays available from feeds.
I just want a real simple picon on lcd and channel name on vfd.

AJT
05-11-13, 17:10
Hi guys love the duo2 hate the displays.How the hell do i just get the picons on lcd nothing else and the my other display VHD is completely milky and out of focus not sharp at all.
Please please can somebody sort me out....
Cheers
AJT

Clabs
05-11-13, 17:45
AJT

To just display picons on the LCD screen, go to Menu>Setup>System>Display>LCD4linux

Press Blue - Set On. Scroll down to select Picon path, and continue scrolling down turning off anything else you don't want ie Clock, Program Name etc. Once you have got rid of the stuff you don't want, you can resize the picon to fill the whole display. Don't forget to press Green to save.

For the VFD problem, I would try updating the VFD controller. Menu>Plugins>Firmware Upgrade and press right arrow to select VFD Controller.

AJT
05-11-13, 18:09
AJT

To just display picons on the LCD screen, go to Menu>Setup>System>Display>LCD4linux

Press Blue - Set On. Scroll down to select Picon path, and continue scrolling down turning off anything else you don't want ie Clock, Program Name etc. Once you have got rid of the stuff you don't want, you can resize the picon to fill the whole display. Don't forget to press Green to save.

For the VFD problem, I would try updating the VFD controller. Menu>Plugins>Firmware Upgrade and press right arrow to select VFD Controller.

Many thanks Clabs will try all that know.

EDIT:okay i have updated the VFD but its just the same no change.?

Rob van der Does
05-11-13, 18:38
Yep, indeed; for some reason the VFD of the DUO2's is 'milky' .......

Clabs
05-11-13, 18:41
Many thanks Clabs will try all that know.

Well, the VFD update thing was to sort out problems some people had with interference that was affecting the remote control but thought it might be worth a go. There is also a front processor upgrade available but I can't remember what that does. Have you tried downloading one of the different VFD layouts that are available in the feeds?

Failing that, I would take a backup and do a fresh flash and see if that sorts the problem.

AJT
05-11-13, 18:43
Yep, indeed; for some reason the VFD of the DUO2's is 'milky' .......

Great pay £439 for a box with a dodgy front display sod that,box will be going back to sponsor i expect something a little better for that amount of money.

AJT
05-11-13, 18:47
Well, the VFD update thing was to sort out problems some people had with interference that was affecting the remote control but thought it might be worth a go. There is also a front processor upgrade available but I can't remember what that does. Have you tried downloading one of the different VFD layouts that are available in the feeds?

Failing that, I would take a backup and do a fresh flash and see if that sorts the problem.

yes every one displays the same kind of out of focus bleaching out.

Clabs
05-11-13, 18:55
Haha - maybe it is my old eyes but in fairness, I do still have the plastic on the front of mine.

I do agree that it was a massive backwards step going from the larger Ultimo type display to this thing which is not really that useful.

AJT
05-11-13, 19:12
Haha - maybe it is my old eyes but in fairness, I do still have the plastic on the front of mine.

I do agree that it was a massive backwards step going from the larger Ultimo type display to this thing which is not really that useful.

So basically thats how it is and nothing can be done.? the display dont look like this in any of the promo pictures.
I am doing a clean install and see whats occurring. If this is how it is then i will return the box it hurts your eyes as you try to focus it and its a lot of money for such poor quality you would think the front of the box would be its best looking and best quality.....

Clabs
05-11-13, 19:18
Mine is not that bad mate although as I say, perhaps it is my poor eyesight :p

How about posting a couple of pics up?

AJT
05-11-13, 20:12
Mine is not that bad mate although as I say, perhaps it is my poor eyesight :p

How about posting a couple of pics up?

Apart from changing the skins and the brightness is there any other settings for the VFD it make text bigger or smaller etc.

judge
06-11-13, 01:09
So basically thats how it is and nothing can be done.? the display dont look like this in any of the promo pictures.
I am doing a clean install and see whats occurring. If this is how it is then i will return the box it hurts your eyes as you try to focus it and its a lot of money for such poor quality you would think the front of the box would be its best looking and best quality.....

You're going to return a box becasue you didn't do any research first? or because you haven't worked through menu options? or the box display doesn't suit your eyes?
In all fairness, I'd hate to be selling you a box. Thanks for the one I bought from you though.
QB Quad, top quality.

Sicilian
06-11-13, 05:46
So basically thats how it is and nothing can be done.?
Yes that is exaclty how the Duo2 VFD is meant to be.

the display dont look like this in any of the promo pictures.

Look at the Sponsors listing where you purchased, images clearly show the shadow affect http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=Duo2

its a lot of money for such poor quality you would think the front of the box would be its best looking and best quality.....

Think thats a matter of opinion.

Finally your posts have nothing to do with LCD4Linux, which this thread was meant for.

AJT
06-11-13, 10:07
Yes that is exaclty how the Duo2 VFD is meant to be.

Look at the Sponsors listing where you purchased, images clearly show the shadow affect http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=Duo2

Think thats a matter of opinion.

Finally your posts have nothing to do with LCD4Linux, which this thread was meant for.

Thanks for your input.
I am going to get used to it.i believe it is a poor display but if thats how it is then so be it,I am very happy with the rest it is a great box.

Rob van der Does
06-11-13, 10:19
i believe it is a poor display but if thats how it is then so be it,
Yep, that's pretty much how it is: a poor (and small) display. Look around on several forums and you see literally hundreds of complaints about it.

I am very happy with the rest it is a great box.
Same here: the box is fine, the displays are a regression when compared to the Ultimo.

AJT
06-11-13, 20:06
Yep, that's pretty much how it is: a poor (and small) display. Look around on several forums and you see literally hundreds of complaints about it.

Same here: the box is fine, the displays are a regression when compared to the Ultimo.

Thanks for that.Car,nt help loving the duo2 though.......

Pasqualino
12-11-13, 15:20
I need to download a user manual for my brand new Vu+ Duo 2 Sat. Receiver.
Any ideas. Thank you kindly. Pasqualino

Rob van der Does
12-11-13, 15:34
http://vuplus.com/downloadManual.html?pagenum=1

Ev0
12-11-13, 17:36
It was the only thing I could really knock it for, when I wrote the Bh Team review for the Duo2.

I said in the review, that I think they would have been better off, either using the Ultimo Display, or the 12 digit vfd from the Solo2, as the one they chose to use, is too big to leave with just a channel name, and too small to customise propperly.

And I am not a fan of the hazy glow either, but it was in all the pictures of the box from day 1, bar a couple of very very early prototypes.

froggie
22-12-13, 23:38
hi philsat
i have just brought a vuduo2 and still getting my head around box please can you give me any tips on how to setup the lcd display or can i use your config
many thanks
froggie

Sicilian
23-12-13, 00:03
hi philsat
i have just brought a vuduo2 and still getting my head around box please can you give me any tips on how to setup the lcd display or can i use your config
many thanks
froggie

Read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29976-How-to-backup-and-restore-your-VU-Duo2-LCD4Linux-config

sherry
24-01-14, 17:37
Hi Guys.

I have had my VU+ DUO2 for a few days and the LCD goes blank after a few hours and the only way to get it back is to do a restart.

I have looked through all the settings but i could not see what will cause this.

Any help would be great

Cheers.

Trial
24-01-14, 22:14
Hi,
Ehen you double click FR the display goes off. Did you double click? This can be turned of in the settings.

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk

nqkvotamime
19-02-14, 16:09
Why on original image (and other images where have 0.8 version of plugin) i can't install 3.xx or the new 4.0 version of this plugin.
I ask because older version showing incorrectly picons on the lcd display (not all , but a lott).

nqkvotamime
20-02-14, 12:15
I cant edit last post
Miss this pyhons
python-mutagen
python-subprocess
python-simpejson

From where can I get them download?

buffalo0207
22-04-14, 17:48
I have looked at ever button on my remote for the 'FR' button. Where is it?

hwads
23-04-14, 16:16
When playing a recorded program the lcd is mixed up a little, How can I change it?
progress bar and time overlap, cannot find option in lcd4 linux.

Thank you

hwads
23-04-14, 17:21
Found it all sorted.

When playing a recorded program the lcd is mixed up a little, How can I change it?
progress bar and time overlap, cannot find option in lcd4 linux.

Thank you

Trial
23-04-14, 19:05
Hi,
FR = fast reverse, FF = fast forward

ciao

svitol
22-07-14, 08:45
Good morning dear friends
I have a question for you
I installed it on Vuduo 2 and am having trouble configuring LCD4linux
is possible to find a manual for this utility?
thank you.

chumley
11-08-14, 22:30
Hi - can you help me I can't work out how to display a large picon or google downloaded image when viewing recorded media, i.e. using 'Show Cover'

The size option doesn't seem to scale the image it just moves it around (like I'm using position)

can somebody help me? config below

config.MPDesc=0
config.MPNetAtmoCO2Station=1
config.MPCoverSizeH=100
config.FritzPictures=0
config.MPClock=0
config.StandbyHelligkeit3=1
config.StandbyHelligkeit2=1
config.ClockAnalog=1
config.MailLines=3
config.Info2Lines=1
config.TimerLines=1
config.MPCoverAlign=1
config.StandbyNetAtmoIDXStation=1
config.BilderJPEG=75
config.StandbyNetAtmoCO2Station=1
config.MPTitleLines=2
config.WetterRainColor2use=80
config.MPClock2Analog=1
config.ChannelLines=1
config.TunerPos=0
config.MPCoverGoogle=2
config.MPHelligkeit2=5
config.MPAVPos=200
config.CalListLines=3
config.FritzLineType=2
config.MPCalListLines=3
config.StandbyClockAnalog=1
config.MPTuner=0
config.StandbyClock2Analog=1
config.ProgLines=1
config.NetAtmoCO2Station=1
config.MPClock2Spacing=0
config.MPInfoLines=1
config.FritzLines=2
config.BilderJPEGQuick=60
config.StandbyNetAtmo2Station=1
config.Font=FONT
config.StandbyInfoLines=1
config.Clock2Analog=1
config.FritzRemove=12
config.Clock=0
config.MPInfo2Lines=1
config.StandbyClockSpacing=0
config.NetAtmo2Station=1
config.MPMailLines=3
config.MPHelligkeit3=5
config.Helligkeit=5
config.MPClockAnalog=1
config.BilderBackground=1
config.Clock2Spacing=0
config.StandbyMailLines=3
config.MPCover=1
config.MPProgressPos=160
config.MPCoverPath1=/picon
config.StandbyInfo2Lines=1
config.StandbyCalListLines=3
config.InfoLines=1
config.ElementThreads=2
config.StandbyHelligkeit=1
config.MPClockSpacing=0
config.NetAtmoIDXStation=1
config.MPDescLines=1
config.Helligkeit3=5
config.Helligkeit2=5
config.BilderQuality=2
config.MPCoverSize=300
config.DescLines=3
config.MPNetAtmoIDXStation=1
config.WebIfRefresh=3
config.StandbyNetAtmoStation=1
config.PiconSize=390
config.MPChannelLines=1
config.MPHelligkeit=5
config.StandbyTimerLines=1
config.WetterIconZoom=40
config.ClockSpacing=0
config.MPNetAtmo2Station=1
config.MPCommLines=3
config.CalLine=1
config.StandbyClock2Spacing=0
config.MPTimerLines=1
config.ProgNextLines=3
config.WetterExtraFeel=3
config.NetAtmoStation=1
config.MPNetAtmoStation=1
config.MPAV=1

giuse.exe
01-04-15, 17:14
Hello , i live in Belgium and i wanted to set up a second screen with Weather of my city but when i have to put the url i don't know what to set , i mean does every weather website url will works with my LCD Vu Duo 2 .

Same thing with the clocks , how can i set a design clock ?

muppet1986
10-05-15, 20:03
Hello guys.. i think i messed up my lcd4linux setting by fooling around to much... and now the tft display is black (it does not show anything)
does anyone have a original copy of the lcd4config file? so i can restore it to defaults?

Sorry for my english it's not my native language

Greetings Mark

bellejt
10-05-15, 20:40
maybe first try in browser : http://ipadressbox/lcd4linux/config

im2020
10-05-15, 21:33
Mark

My original lcd4config file contained just the following line:

config.Helligkeit=3

butyiba
23-06-15, 14:29
Hello guys,

I have a problem with the LCD4linux plugin. I used before the 4.1.r2 version without any problem. Some days ago no any weather info appeir in the screen. I updated my BH image to 2.1.6 and also the LCD4Linux to 4.5.r4. It looks installed without any problem but after GUI restart the lcd4linux not visible in the plugin menu, so I can't adjust nothing. If I try to install older version the error message appeir that downgrade no possible.
Do you have any idea how can I install again ?

shampali
10-10-15, 17:12
Hello guys.. i think i messed up my lcd4linux setting by fooling around to much... and now the tft display is black (it does not show anything)
does anyone have a original copy of the lcd4config file? so i can restore it to defaults?

Sorry for my english it's not my native language

Greetings Mark

I have exatly the same problem, what am I suppose todo

bellejt
10-10-15, 17:26
mayne do a restore of the image.The 2 files needed are lcd4linux.cfg in /etc and lcd4config in /etc/enigma2.Or just go into LCD4config by webif : http://ipadressbox/lcd4linux/config and change settings.

shampali
10-10-15, 20:13
mayne do a restore of the image.The 2 files needed are lcd4linux.cfg in /etc and lcd4config in /etc/enigma2.Or just go into LCD4config by webif : http://ipadressbox/lcd4linux/config and change settings.
Ho do i go in using webif? And what settings do I change? Thanks for ue help.

bellejt
10-10-15, 20:41
45043 see the link.Or copy my config with tfp to your box.

shampali
10-10-15, 23:20
45043 see the link.Or copy my config with tfp to your box.

it worked thanks bro

chocoprinsje
15-11-15, 16:41
hello everybody
i have a vu duo 2 and i tried to set lcd4linux
but what i try its not working for me
is there anywhere a tutorial for use lcd4 Linux ??
i have one screen with time but i like the weather from buster
how can i to this please help me?

Noste500
22-11-15, 22:13
So i have a problem with my lcd screen not showing anything on my box.
New box from WOS with vix installed . All working ok except the lcd.
I have done ftp into the lcd section and I can see a screen shot at top of screen on my pc that looks like what should be showing on front of box screen .. But nothing on .
Anybody got any ideas.. Searched a lot but not found any answers .
Thanks in advance for any ideas .
Will I have to re flash ? The lcd is enabled in the lcd section ..

bellejt
22-11-15, 22:22
in webif http://addresbox/lcd4linux/config?Mode=1 do you have lcd4 enabled ? (V in upper box Global LCD4 and save)

Noste500
22-11-15, 22:27
Don't know what mode =1 is pal , but lcd4 Linux is ticked and global on left top corner is selected ( black dot )
Then I hit save . Nothing changed on screen on box .
???

Trial
23-11-15, 09:08
Hi,
is it possible that you hit fast/skip reverse twice by accident? This is a combination which disables the LCD. Try hitting FR twice again.

ciao

Noste500
23-11-15, 10:08
Yep , Ive already tried that . No joy .
Anymore ideas guys ?

bellejt
23-11-15, 11:19
i would try with a fresh flash .If then LCD is not working there is probably a problem with the box.Perhaps just wait until the feeds are stable again.

Noste500
23-11-15, 14:52
What do you mean by " feeds are stable " please buddy ?

bellejt
23-11-15, 16:41
they are uploading an new version off the image.If the feeds are unstable it could be that you cannot install addons (cams,extentions etc)

Noste500
25-11-15, 22:30
reflash got me sorted cheers.

akyar_67
02-12-15, 05:53
Bende vu + duo2 kullanıyorum ama destek bulamıyorum
I'm using vi + DUO2 but can not find support

eeza
15-03-16, 14:59

Robin, I also use you LCD Skins but recently the internet tag in the bottom left has been showing a red instead of green dot ? I have internet connections etc. and every things fine but how come its Red ?

Cheers and Great Work

Trial
15-03-16, 16:14
Hi,
red = unstable update
green = stable update

ciao

jaritee
13-04-16, 08:26
Hi!
I have a problem with duo2. There is no image in lcd.
When i switch power off and on from main switch, lcd flashes and vu+ duo2 image is there few seconds and go off.
Lcd4linux says it's on and everything should be fine, but no image. I downloaded different config files and still nothing.

sadi
16-10-16, 05:49
Hi I've just got a new duo 2 with openvix installed. The plugin LCD4linux is running really slow, even to go up and down takes forever. Can anyone help plz.:confused:

bellejt
16-10-16, 09:26
use webif for configuration.Much easyer and quicker.

sadi
19-10-16, 11:03
Hi after downloading one of the above files (.Lcd) where and how do i install it onto my duo 2

Rob van der Does
19-10-16, 13:15
Place it in /tmp , start the L4L config, go to the context menu and import the file.

Daviemck
24-11-16, 19:14
This maybe the wrong place to ask this, as I'm not sure the plugin controls it, but is there anyway to change the image displayed on the LCD during boot?

marcjens
06-10-18, 22:36
OK I apologise if this is obvious to you guys -- I am a complete newbie to my box and don't know anything about how to customise it, or upload files to it.
Can you please explain how I install an LCD4Linux configuration file onto my box? Where do I get it from, and what do I need to do to get it from my computer to the box?
I have used the built in plugins and get something, but it does not update when I switch channels, and it does not display weather or any of the other fancy features. It is just stuck on the one channel info.
Many thanks

Marc

abu baniaz
07-10-18, 00:07
Instructions/guide in following thread.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29976-How-to-backup-and-restore-your-VU-Duo2-LCD4Linux-config

You will have to use an FTP program such as filezilla. This guide to adding picons shows basics of using Filezilla in post 14
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

marcjens
07-10-18, 20:50
Somehow this is not working. My LCD is stuck to some programme info from ages ago. I uploaded a setting from the forum and no change. I then rebooted the box and now LCD is just black / off.

abu baniaz
07-10-18, 21:00
which config did you transfer?

marcjens
07-10-18, 22:37
which config did you transfer?

I tried a few from this thread
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29977-Post-your-working-VU-Duo2-LCD4Linux-configs

marcjens
09-10-18, 09:40
Can anyone please shed light on my lcd4linux problem (VU+ Duo2, latest version of vix, brand-new):
I never got the LCD to work properly. After flashing the vix image and loading the default setting, I had a static display of the channel, but it would not update when I changed channel.
I then installed other configs from the thread above and that made no difference at all. I then rebooted and the LCD just went black. What should I do? Re-flash the entire image?

Kojo_
09-10-18, 10:16
I never got the LCD to work properly. After flashing the vix image and loading the default setting, I had a static display of the channel, but it would not update when I changed channel. Without any pictures of your settings it´s kinda difficult to say anything. I would suggest that you edit your LCD4linux-setting through OpenWebif, so you can see where your changes take effect.
And maybe take a screenshot of your "when the box is on" -settings .

bellejt
09-10-18, 15:58
for LCD to work on duo 2 : I installed lcd4linux.conf in dir /etc and lcd4config in /etc/enigma2.For picons install in root dir box picons with channel reference.Reboot box and you should haven a screen in LCD.Adapt this by webif http://ipadressbox/lcd4linux/config.

marcjens
11-10-18, 22:13
Bellejt and Kojo -- thank you.

Attached is a screenshot of the webIF as requested.
I have uploaded LCD4linux-20130726_1433.lcd into \temp and ran it via the plugin menu.
I am not sure how to install the config files you mention, though.

THanks Marc

marcjens
12-10-18, 07:51
Kojo_ I should also say that whatever I do on the webIF does not seem to have any consequence. I played around with these settings for ages, and then press yellow to restart displays and the lcd just stays black... Screenshot in the other post

bellejt
12-10-18, 15:07
are your picons channel reference ? Ex : 1_0_11_2077_52D0_7E_460000_0_0_0 . They must be in root directory/picon according your config. For changes you must always press save before they are visible.
You press on small screen in webif and should see it changing.Config files is just copy in right directory with ftp program.If you cannot do that we cannot help you.

marcjens
12-10-18, 19:07
Yes, they are the channel reference picons. and Yes they are in that directory. I have loaded the .config file into /etc and one of the configurations from the thread into the /etc/enigma2 directory. Then rebooted. Still a black screen staring at me. Nothing on it. No clock, no weather, no calendar, nothing. I can make changes via the webIF and they transfer but nothing I do there makes any difference.
What else do I need to do?
Thanks

Kojo_
13-10-18, 09:02
Nothing on it. No clock, no weather, no calendar, nothing. I can make changes via the webIF and they transfer but nothing I do there makes any difference.What if you disable every option you have selected in your screenshot (those that are in green) and start with simple option that should always work, like the clock. Once you have that figured out, then move to the next one.
BTW, I have the exact same options in my picon -settings, so double check channel reference.

marcjens
13-10-18, 22:20
Kojo_ I hve figured out what the problem was: On my Global settings Screen 1 one was not set to the internal VU display but to some non-existing External display! Thanks for your trial and error tip that helped me identify where the problem was!

marcjens
13-10-18, 23:00
OK, so I got the basic display to work. How do I activate the weather display and Moon phase stuff? I installed the 2 weather plugins and got an openWeathermap API but then what do I do?

Kojo_
14-10-18, 13:39
How do I activate the weather display and Moon phase stuff? I installed the 2 weather plugins and got an openWeathermap API but then what do I do?I have no idea. I find it kinda useless info in receivers, so never bothered to look into that.

marcjens
14-10-18, 20:27
New question: I managed to get the Left LCD to work, but now the middle display went black. I must have de-activated it. IS it also controlled via the webIF? and if so where and what is it referred to?
Thank you

marcjens
14-10-18, 20:29
New question: I managed to get the Left LCD to work, but now the middle display went black. I must have de-activated it. IS it also controlled via the webIF? and if so where and what is it referred to?
Thank you

Never mind -- managed to get it back. But where do I control the options i.e. what's shown and what size etc?

Aust-VAST
06-04-21, 12:07
Hi all,

Wrong place I know; We have used LCD4LINUX in our Duo2's for years and now have a pair of VU+ DUO4KSE's and assume it (LCD4LINUX) is not compatible, because it installs but doesn't seem to respond, nor is there any config directory in WebIF.

We use the latest VIX on our VU+'s here in inland Australia and am sad to report that my avatar is no longer after 13y, 11m and 3w of loyal work around our Sheep Station. :(

Thanks.

abu baniaz
06-04-21, 13:27
Sorry for your loss.

nodezero
01-09-21, 10:02
I can’t recall where I found this, but I’m looking for the lcd4linx.config for the following for a Duo2 , can anyone help ?

orange1234
01-09-21, 11:25
Hello, it's been a while since I've been here, I guess all your amazing advice paid off as I've had years of trouble free viewing. I do now have a EPG / Bouquet issue which I'm stumped on. I was looking for e4 as the new Married at First Sight (promissing aussie ripoff version, not the old format) is showing there. I found MAFS through a search but it's not on my EPG. I eventally found it on "secondary Channels". How do I either move a secondary channel to the main EPG or get e4 to appear there as a primary channel. I'm on the last version of VIX for my old Vu solo2. I'm using Granada HD custom, so I dont get unviewable channels.

Aust-VAST
01-09-21, 13:16
Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your kindness; They form a special place in our hearts, do Dogs !

marcjens
26-12-21, 21:14
HI guys
Sorry if this is a daft question. So I have updated to 6.0.004 and since then the LCD4LINUX no longer works. I have done the step of re-loading the default config and rebooted but to no avail. Any other tips?

bellejt
24-03-22, 10:08
same here.Done update to 6.0.008 and LCD4 not reachable from my PC anymore .Any solution ?

Huevos
24-03-22, 14:12
Please give more details. What hardware?

deltec
24-03-22, 18:40
Is here a way that I can just show the tv on the screen on my vu ultimo is there a way to do this

ccs
24-03-22, 18:46
Is here a way that I can just show the tv on the screen on my vu ultimo is there a way to do this

On an Ultimo4K, from memory, enable Clone tv to lcd in front panel settings, and then switch on PiP.

PiP then only uses the lcd.

deltec
24-03-22, 18:52
Thank u works a treat regards deltec

deltec
24-03-22, 18:59
Is there a way I can have the same pic on the tv on the lcd on the ultimo all the time like bbc1 or bbc2 etc

bellejt
24-03-22, 19:00
hardware ? Question is in zone for vu duo2 so that is the hardware.Always worked in 5.xx and after update to 6.xx not working anymore.On the other box here with 5.xx it is still working so a problem in 6. xx .

twol
24-03-22, 19:04
hardware ? Question is in zone for vu duo2 so that is the hardware.Always worked in 5.xx and after update to 6.xx not working anymore.On the other box here with 5.xx it is still working so a problem in 6. xx .

Nothing happens?, crashes? Features missing??? Debug log???

deltec
24-03-22, 19:09
So ur both saying it can not be done at all is this right thanks deltec what is 5xx working is this image 5. that works with the tv and the lcd

bellejt
24-03-22, 20:50
just does not open anymore on my PC as mentioned earlyer by marjens.Nothing crashes or anything else. When making a shortcut on PC you get access to webif from LCD4 and after updating to 6.xx it does not work anymore. Think it is explained clearly and not so difficult to understand.

deltec
25-03-22, 07:49
Thanks what a shame

ccs
25-03-22, 10:39
just does not open anymore on my PC as mentioned earlyer by marjens.Nothing crashes or anything else. When making a shortcut on PC you get access to webif from LCD4 and after updating to 6.xx it does not work anymore. Think it is explained clearly and not so difficult to understand.

Works ok for me after installing lcd4linux onto an ultimo4k, running 6.0.008.

bellejt
25-03-22, 10:46
I did not need to install it on my duo2.It was already there . Screen shows : http://192.168.1.110/lcd4linux/config Processing failed

ccs
25-03-22, 10:48
I did not need to install it on my duo2.It was already there

How did you expect me to try it out if it wasn't installed?

bellejt
25-03-22, 11:01
problem resolved : deleted it trough apps and reinstalled.Works now.There must have gone something wrong on installation or updathing. THX for help because when it was working for you it should work in general :)

twol
25-03-22, 11:12
problem resolved : deleted it trough apps and reinstalled.Works now.There must have gone something wrong on installation or updathing. THX for help because when it was working for you it should work in general :)

Thank you for feeding back - often people forget .. and nobody knows the solution

psionguy
01-06-22, 11:09
I have had to do a complete clean rebuild to openvix 6.2.002 and not able to use any of my backups and cannot remember how I installed picons, although I assume installation must have changed since I did it a few years ago. Is it best to put the file in flash, or USB?

I have downloaded a picon file from downloads, the picons are showing on the TV screen but not on the left panel of the Duo 2 box. Have manged to get the smaller middle screen working.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.