PDA

View Full Version : Reusing Dreambox DM 7000

pegasus3
17-07-13, 19:21
I brought out from the storage room my DM 7000 Dreambox which was gathering dust since 2006 planning to restart using it after installing a dish. I checked the recordings I made on the 200 GB hard disk and they all appear as good as ever. But can this older machine cope with more recent technology? Will just updating the software be enough and what is the latest software it needs and how can it be obtained? Can it process cards from satellite TV providers to unscramble programs, it has four card slots?

Thanks in advance.

manicscrewdriver
18-07-13, 12:14
A common mistake, it has 2 card slots, 1 CAM slot and a slot for a Flash memory card.

The 7000 will never be able to do HD and i'm not even sure if it can do Enigma 2. I know the DM7020 has a PCD Enigma 2 image but i'm not 100% if they did it for the 7000.

As far as i am aware the newest image for this box is the OpenPli which doesn't seem to have been updated since may this year. The receiver will work with most of the common emus like OSCam and CCCam without an issue.

You can find the newest image by googling OpenPli.

Nano

pegasus3
21-07-13, 13:34
Hi Nano, thanks for the useful information I now have a better picture of what goes on after so many years, good to know that the DM 7000 can still cope with modern satellite programs though not with HD. Right now i am not buying a new receiver though later I might buy a Vu model.

The DM 7000 is OK though slow at times with playing recordings and moving around the menu. Also when the HDD filled up instead of the machine warning me about it, it would delete already recorded programs to make space for new ones. In this way I lost 120 older recordings to fit in the more recent ones before realising what was going on!