PDA

View Full Version : VTI Image and Autobouqet

snake007uk
17-07-13, 12:55
Hey guys,

I installed the latest VTI (which is AWESOME by the way). I also installed autobouqet, and I can see it in plugins and manually run update. However I cannot see it in service searching menu and I can't configure it to scan on a schedule. Anyone got it Autobouqet working with VTI?

Rob van der Does
17-07-13, 13:07
VTi is based on the rather antique DM based VU+-OI.
ViX is based on a completely different Enigma2 version. That means that it is rather unlikely that plugins that have been designed for ViX will run on VTi.

As VTi is only doing some python scripts around OI, and not any real innovation, one can hardly expect that plugins and other goodies nicked from other teams will run. And as VTi breaks the GNL-licence, by not offering access to their sources, there's no way anyone could 'repair' those issues (nor would anyone be willing to, for the very same reason).

This issue is just one example that clearly shows how poor closed source can be, compared to software that is 'powered by the people'!

snake007uk
17-07-13, 13:15
I am not using the VIX plugin on the VTI system, I am using the plugin created by LraiZer

Rob van der Does
17-07-13, 13:16
Then the same arguments are valid.

'Closed source' is simply a synonym for 'trouble'.

snake007uk
17-07-13, 13:24
ok no probs. What is the latest verson of vix image out?

Rob van der Does
17-07-13, 13:41
See here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/) .