PDA

View Full Version : How to update your Vu+ Duo2 bootloader.

Larry-G
17-07-13, 09:09
The following tutorial aims to show in a easy to follow tutorial how to flash your Vu+ Duo2 with the v2 bootloader.

you will need a .pdf reader to read this tutorial for which i highly recommend the free foxit pdf reader.

Larry-G
17-07-13, 17:46
Revision 2.

irfyd
25-07-13, 10:48
How can I check to see which bootloader I already have?

Trial
25-07-13, 10:50
Hi,
when you see V2 on VFD at the beginning of boot you have new one.

ciao

Rob van der Does
25-07-13, 10:53
If the box is on the new bootloader you'll see 'Duo2_CFE_V2' two times in the VFD during the booting.
If you have the original bootloader you won't notice anything.

irfyd
25-07-13, 11:05
I get "double your expectation" logo then the other led display comes on. Then booting so must be V1. Will try update and report back. Thanx guys

Alanp
24-08-13, 08:57
If the box is on the new bootloader you'll see 'Duo2_CFE_V2' two times in the VFD during the booting.
If you have the original bootloader you won't notice anything.

I only get 'Duo2_CFE_V2' once during booting but i have updated the VFD to V2 does this mean the bootloader still needs updating is there another way to check. If i upgrade the bootloader anyway do i need to reflash Thanks for any help

Rob van der Does
24-08-13, 09:02
When you see 'Duo2_CFE_V2' it should be fine.
And indeed: I would reflash the box after the bootloader update. I'm not sure if it's required though.
Make a settings backup and use it for restoring during the First Install Wizard. The box will be up & running again in a couple of minutes.

Make sure to flash with build 723 (and don't update online to 724 as there are some issues).

Alanp
24-08-13, 09:09
Thanks Rob will try it now

Peterj
24-08-13, 14:04
Why do I need to update the bootloader?

Rob van der Does
24-08-13, 14:09
To enable all functionality of your box.

tomos
26-11-13, 18:46
when you say in the instructions "The bootloader only takes a few seconds to flash and once completed you will need to reflash the
receiver making sure to first format the USB stick." do you mean you have to re-install the VIX image?

Larry-G
26-11-13, 18:50
yes you should reflash the image once the bootloader has been updated, if the receiver is brand new then it is very unlikely that you will need the bootloader updating as it would have been done in the factory or by your supplier.

tomos
26-11-13, 18:55
My box is only about 2 months old, i'll have to check when I get home, I get the message "double your expectation" is that the older version

Larry-G
26-11-13, 19:03
I dont have a Duo2 on which to confirm but from information given to me you should see 'Duo2_CFE_V2' on the VFD of the receiver at bootup to signify that it has the V2 bootloader loaded.

tomos
26-11-13, 19:12
it won't do any harm if I install the V2 bootloader over what already exists, If I do a full backup before installing V2 can I reinstall the VIX image without using a usb drive?

Larry-G
26-11-13, 19:20
it won't do any harm if I install the V2 bootloader over what already exists, If I do a full backup before installing V2 can I reinstall the VIX image without using a usb drive?

No it wont do any harm and yes you can backup your existing image first then restore that after the bootloader has been flashed.

tomos
26-11-13, 19:22
last question what extra functionality does the latest bootloader give me

Larry-G
26-11-13, 19:34
Not sure to be honest but the bootloader controls every thing from the kernel and size of images the box can accept down to the amount of flash available to the end user, these are released by the manufacturer and a recommended upgrade for all users regardless of the image you use.

Trial
26-11-13, 19:57
Hi,
bootloader gives you WOL and I think RC control is a bit better.

ciao

salah100
03-03-14, 14:44
Not sure to be honest but the bootloader controls every thing from the kernel and size of images the box can accept down to the amount of flash available to the end user, these are released by the manufacturer and a recommended upgrade for all users regardless of the image you use.

Does the solo2 have a bootloader?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Trial
03-03-14, 14:52
Hi,
it sure has but there was no update since release.

ciao

salah100
03-03-14, 15:12
Hi,
it sure has but there was no update since release.

ciao

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

terryjd
05-04-14, 14:49
The following tutorial aims to show in a easy to follow tutorial how to flash your Vu+ Duo2 with the v2 bootloader.

you will need a .pdf reader to read this tutorial for which i highly recommend the free foxit pdf reader.

Can I add (after a frustrating thirty minutes) you probably need to remove any USB devices on the rear of your Duo2 otherwise it will just reboot as normal.

Regards - Terry

Info4jaay
14-08-15, 14:37
Hello guys,

Can someone please help?

I have a Vu+ Duo2 "genuine box", which was working on Vix.

I tried to install the new black hole image and now nothing happens on the box apart from a blue light on the front. Nothing else, even on the TV either.

I've tried to flash it using different usb and different images but nothing shows apart from the tiny little blue light on the box.

Please help

Rob van der Does
14-08-15, 14:47
A blue light? That's completely new to me.

thisntaht
14-08-15, 16:07
Hello guys,

Can someone please help?

I have a Vu+ Duo2 "genuine box", which was working on Vix.

I tried to install the new black hole image and now nothing happens on the box apart from a blue light on the front. Nothing else, even on the TV either.

I've tried to flash it using different usb and different images but nothing shows apart from the tiny little blue light on the box.

Please help

How do you know it's genuine? Did you buy from WOS? Just curious

Info4jaay
14-08-15, 17:33
Yes... did like 3 2 years ago

Info4jaay
14-08-15, 17:38

I've attached pictures

Info4jaay
14-08-15, 17:43
How do you know it's genuine? Did you buy from WOS? Just curious

it was bought from world-of-satellite like 2-3 years ago
please see the picture attached

I got told by someone to do a null cable flash44217

wullboy
14-08-15, 17:47
it was bought from world-of-satellite like 2-3 years ago
please see the picture attached

I got told by someone to do a null cable flash44217

so, does it have the new boot v2 bootloader on it, i would try and see if you an upload the new boot loader onto your box, then re-try to install the latest hade's image ????

Info4jaay
14-08-15, 17:54
A blue light? That's completely new to me.

hello, it was bought from world of satellite like -3 years ago, please the picture attached, I got told by someone to do a null cable flash I don't know how true that is

Info4jaay
14-08-15, 18:02
so, does it have the new boot v2 bootloader on it, i would try and see if you an upload the new boot loader onto your box, then re-try to install the latest hade's image ????

I don't think so and even if I was to put the boot v2 bootloader on it, it doesn't show anything on the front LCD screen of the Vu+ dio2, so so I wouldn't be able to tell if its done.

wullboy
15-08-15, 17:57
I would stick v2 bootloader on to a usb stick, and put it into the box, restart the box, and see if it loads the bootloader, if it doesn't, then no harm done ........

Trial
15-08-15, 20:44
Hi,
the box can only be 2 years old. I hope you did not get the wrong bootloader. For the Duo2 there was only 1 update for bootloader and this was around 5.2013 which was needed to get WOL to work.

I did not read the whole thread but did you also try the power button near the CI slots?

ciao

norfolkjon
06-06-17, 11:23
Where has the tutoiral gone?

Larry-G
10-06-17, 12:53
Where has the tutoiral gone?

Sadly Some one went and deleted most of my tutorials from the forum when I stepped down from the Admin / ViX team post. There are other versions about that were based directly on my tutorials but it's a sore subject for me so I won't go on about it.