PDA

View Full Version : Premier League on Al Jazeera Sports

Larry-G
17-07-13, 00:28
Al Jazeera Sports has been confirmed as the winner of the English Premier League football rights for the MENA region, giving the broadcaster what it describes as ‘exclusive’ rights through to the 2015-2016 season.

This was first reported back in April, although it has not been clear as to how sports rights agency MD & Silva, who control the rights in the MENA region, are being compensated.

The deal covers every game in the EPL (380 Barclays matches) across all media platforms and devices.

To cover this extent of matches, Al Jazeera Sport will launch three additional HDTV channels, and has signed up what it describes as the best-loved and most respected local commentators to cover the games. Richard Keys and Andy Gray, formerly of Sky Sports, will present the English-language coverage, while Ayman Jada and Mohammed Saadon Al Kuwari will present the Arabic coverage.

http://advanced-television.com/2013/07/16/premier-league-on-al-jazeera-sports/

irishchris
17-07-13, 10:52
I suspect hotbird coverage will non existent unfortunately as if it did would be in dreamland with my sub but really cannot see epl allowing such easy access

garyblas
17-07-13, 13:27
2015-2016?

irishchris
17-07-13, 13:41
Yes for 3 years -2013/14, 2014/15 through to 2015/2016

moogwai
17-07-13, 17:37
will any of the European satellite stations be showing any of the epl stuff?? just wondering whether it'll be worth getting my motor replaced on me dish which packed up 4 months ago!!

jcm193
17-07-13, 18:22
Will most likely be on 7w and 26e you will probably need a big dish to get either.
will any of the European satellite stations be showing any of the epl stuff?? just wondering whether it'll be worth getting my motor replaced on me dish which packed up 4 months ago!!

moogwai
17-07-13, 19:29
I don't think the wife will let me go bigger than the 1m dish I have on the side of me house!! lol.

tandaman
17-07-13, 20:19
Besides a bigger dish can get very expensive...Best bet is the internet...Wouldnt it be great if someone came up with a plugin that streamed the premier league. Id pay for that

drx360
17-07-13, 20:26
IPTV will be everybody's friend :)

Larry-G
17-07-13, 20:33
Besides a bigger dish can get very expensive...Best bet is the internet...Wouldnt it be great if someone came up with a plugin that streamed the premier league. Id pay for that

Thing is the way there now starting to hit streaming sites, it's only going to be a matter of time before they go after those who build, maintain and host such plugins too.

adamavfc
22-07-13, 11:46
Thing is the way there now starting to hit streaming sites, it's only going to be a matter of time before they go after those who build, maintain and host such plugins too.

Just to let you no guys there is a way too watch the games through the aljazeera website.

I made a guide here;

:)

mickyblueys
22-07-13, 13:17
I watched last season's using admc sports, and overplay smart dns, quality was spot on. Haven't had the chance to check it out for this season yet. But will do when I get the chance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jcm193
22-07-13, 15:34
Personally i would not say its as good picture wise but it more than makes up for it in choice of sports available

I watched last season's using admc sports, and overplay smart dns, quality was spot on. Haven't had the chance to check it out for this season yet. But will do when I get the chance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hilly
22-07-13, 21:58
Can anyone help please.Ive cancelled hide my ass and got overplay with smart dns.Ive set my nexus7 up with overplay and can view jsc channels without a problem but the big drawback of nexus7 is no hdmi out option so its a little screen.I sign out on the tablet then active smart dns on the laptop,sign into jsc check my account which is active for all channels but the goe to watch and get this message "Unfortunately you do not have access to this channel with your subscription package, click here to upgrade your subscription for immediate access."
Thats on all the channels that ive an active sub to,p ing me off cos obviously i could connect the laptop to tv when the season starts.

If this is on the wrong thread can a mod move please im confused which one is for help

jcm193
22-07-13, 22:33
All i can suggest is that you clear your cookies cache and restart your laptop to see if that helps also be aware if you login in and out to often your account will get locked and your have to email them to get reactivated

Can anyone help please.Ive cancelled hide my ass and got overplay with smart dns.Ive set my nexus7 up with overplay and can view jsc channels without a problem but the big drawback of nexus7 is no hdmi out option so its a little screen.I sign out on the tablet then active smart dns on the laptop,sign into jsc check my account which is active for all channels but the goe to watch and get this message "Unfortunately you do not have access to this channel with your subscription package, click here to upgrade your subscription for immediate access."
Thats on all the channels that ive an active sub to,p ing me off cos obviously i could connect the laptop to tv when the season starts.

If this is on the wrong thread can a mod move please im confused which one is for help

Larry-G
22-07-13, 22:43
Thread closed.

Guys may i remind you that this is a news thread, i only the other day moved 14 pages of posts out of this thread and into the general satellite section, please continue your discussion there or make a new thread for it.

@adamavfc (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?4798-adamavfc)

I have removed your link as we dont allow live links on the forum, especially those with a commercial interest.