PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Slow startup since build 692

guff daddy
15-07-13, 17:30
I don't know if it's related to the changes made to the display on startup, but since 692 my Vu+ Duo has been extremely slow to startup. Previously I'm pretty sure it took less than 1 minute - I just updated to build 696 and timed a restart and it is taking over 4 minutes. For most of that time it doesn't appear to be doing anything - there is no spinner activity until about 3'33". My settings are pretty standard (just single 28.2 satellite and no extra plugins). Anyone else having this problem or shed any light on what's happening?

Stanman
15-07-13, 17:35
I would be surprised if the duo took one minute. My sllo2 takes that long and it a betters spec box. Much Ultimo takes longer and geTs also better spec.

guff daddy
15-07-13, 17:38
Well, I never timed it before but it was certainly a LOT quicker a couple of builds ago.

Larry-G
15-07-13, 17:43
If i remember in the morning after work i'll update my duo and have a quick look but as stanman says it takes substantially longer than a minute for the Duo to boot normally.

stevejd2001
15-07-13, 18:37
I had this problem on an earlier build after an online update.
Mine went from 90 secs boot up to 4 mins plus
Did a fresh flash and all was cured.

guff daddy
15-07-13, 18:43
Yep, figure I'll try that next.

I checked back on some old backups and I've had the problem since at least build 683.
However when I looked at an older built (587) I noticed that the first spinner started at 1'07" and the overall boot was finished at 1'57".

guff daddy
15-07-13, 21:16
Reflashed with build 696 - still taking 4 minutes for boot.
I presume it's the addition of large plugins such as ABM and On Demand since build 587 and I've never noticed before...

Larry-G
15-07-13, 21:33
Reflashed with build 696 - still taking 4 minutes for boot.
I presume it's the addition of large plugins such as ABM and On Demand since build 587 and I've never noticed before...

I use both ABM and OnDemand on my Duo's albeit there not on build 696 yet nut they dont take that long to boot and there not really large plugins either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

stevejd2001
15-07-13, 23:05
I use both ABM and OnDemand on my Duo's albeit there not on build 696 yet nut they dont take that long to boot and there not really large plugins either.

Ensure that you do not use the backup setting and plugins .Total fresh is what I needed to do

Larry-G
16-07-13, 00:13
Ensure that you do not use the backup setting and plugins .Total fresh is what I needed to do

ABM nor OnDemand have ever given me any issues on any of my receivers infact baring when i'm specifically testing something, I only operate 4 plugins on all 7 of my receivers and those are.

ABM
OnDemand
CrossEPG with the OpenTV sources for sky uk
CCcam 2.2.1.

all 7 of those receivers work flawlessly as so. Duo, Duo LE, uno, ultimo, solo2, TM-TWIN, TM-2T.

Rob van der Does
16-07-13, 06:24
Boottime is largely dependant on settings, timers, autotimers and plugins.
If not happy: please flash the box without doing a restore and see how you go.

An other possibility is the HDD: it might need a check. Disconnect the HDD and see if boottime is back to normal.

guff daddy
16-07-13, 13:12
Boottime is largely dependant on settings, timers, autotimers and plugins.
If not happy: please flash the box without doing a restore and see how you go.

An other possibility is the HDD: it might need a check. Disconnect the HDD and see if boottime is back to normal.

Thanks for the advice Rob although it couldn't be the HDD as the system boots fine on an old image.
I'll try a fresh install without a restore and report back.

guff daddy
16-07-13, 13:28
Ok - 55 seconds boot (!) with fresh install of build 696 without a settings restore. I'll have a look at the settings...

stevejd2001
16-07-13, 13:57
Ok - 55 seconds boot (!) with fresh install of build 696 without a settings restore. I'll have a look at the settings...

Mine turned out to be a plugin that must have been corrupted when a backup is created.
Glad you sorted m8

judge
16-07-13, 14:28
55 seconds for an original DUO boot is pretty fast.
Even on a virgin flash, doubt either of mine ever booted that fast...

Larry-G
16-07-13, 15:22
55 seconds for an original DUO boot is pretty fast.
Even on a virgin flash, doubt either of mine ever booted that fast...

55 seconds on a Duo is blisteringly fast and about as good as its ever going to get. Mind you I dont get all the kerfuffle about bootimes as your surely not going to be sat there watching at boot times.

guff daddy
16-07-13, 15:55
Mine turned out to be a plugin that must have been corrupted when a backup is created.
Glad you sorted m8

Well, sorted it now. Found about 8 entries in the fstab pointing to the HD of my DM800, using a couple of different (old) IP addresses. Deleted these and it's booting in about 1' 20".

Thanks all.

guff daddy
16-07-13, 15:57
55 seconds on a Duo is blisteringly fast and about as good as its ever going to get. Mind you I dont get all the kerfuffle about bootimes as your surely not going to be sat there watching at boot times.

I power off my whole AV setup (VU, TV, Amp, Subwoofer, Media player) every night - a minute or two next day watching it boot was fine - over 4 minutes was becoming a pain...