PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Skin Neonovum

satmanbasil
14-07-13, 20:51
Hi

I have on the solo the latest build 695, noticed the details about the new skin added so thought i take a look, after downloading and rebooting i noticed the romote to be very sluggish in responding to pressing the buttons a delay of up to 20 secs at times.
On setting about removing the skin i went to image backup which started but then reported a fail due to time out this done it 3 times. In the end I powered down from the rear reset button and when it restarted thankfully it came back with the previous skin I had been using.
Not sure if theres a glitch with the skin or too much for the vu solo to handle but i managed to get a crash log for you to look at

Rob van der Does
14-07-13, 22:10
Alas: the crashlog doesn't provide any useful info (but doesn't seem to be skin related).

satmanbasil
14-07-13, 22:28
Hi

I will take a look at another crash log see if its different in any way but strange after going back to my old skin remote is responsive again and no problems.
The only other prossible cause was when downloading details of the build it seem going my the dots that cross the screen showing its loading it did seem to stop and start maybe a glitch in the downloading but as i said i will check see if the other log shows any additional info

andyblac
14-07-13, 23:45
thats a driver / memory crash.

satmanbasil
15-07-13, 13:42
Hi

Decided to take a second look at this last night, as before the remote was sluggish but not as much as the first time with this skin. However when deciding to revert back to previous skin this locked the box up with vix spinner stopping and starting and giving the black screen of death.
On reboot I decided to go for backup image instead this got as far as 33% before also stopping a reboot of the box however did manage to recover the previous skin used and remote etc are working fine again.
Has anyone else had problem with the solo and this one ?

garryboy
16-07-13, 16:41
I had a go of the skin on my xp1000 and had a similar fair. My remote became unresponsive the 1 button would not work at all. I went back to the default skin and the remote was the same.

Ended up dowloading latest build from the server and restoring a settings backup and remote is now fully functioning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

satmanbasil
16-07-13, 20:32
Hi mate

Glad to hear it wasnt just me having the problem with this skin