PDA

View Full Version : Vix 1.2 or 2.0 ?

dfdream
13-10-10, 12:23
Hi all,

Well done on VIX.
Looking and working well.

Just wondering what the VIX Team are working on ?
Is there a Vix 1.2 or 2.0 due any time soon ?
If so what things are being worked on.

The only things I have noticed with VIX.

1: Samba access to \\bm750harddisk causes laptop blue screens or just wont browse, never seen an issue before on any enigma device. (fine on FTP) The only thing I have done is enabled TimeShift and will check if this is causing any issue. I cant believe no one has this issue or is it no one uses samba in vix 1.1.

2: How autotimer locks the machine when doing an update. I turned off the egg timer but if you happen to do anything that co-encides with autotimer update you have to wait till it finishes. I know this is not a VIX issue, BTW the implementation of autotimer is excellent, the best out there...

3: Edits in skins seems to lead to lots more crashes than it used to... I had made tons of edits pre VIX and crashes were rare. In VIX with similar edits green screens is the norm. I cant say if this is to do with all the VU / enigma driver updates or not as I had not used new drivers until switching to VIX..

Congrats again on the best image out there and to even making it better....

D

superplakis
13-10-10, 14:46
my impresion....2.0 ;)

Sicilian
13-10-10, 19:44
At the moment guys we're trying hard to iron out a couple of bug's in the upcoming VIX VU+ Solo image, but I can say that some changes that have been made for the Solo will be implemented in the VIX Duo image, maybe by software update.

superplakis
13-10-10, 19:45
ok..is good too

Skin
13-10-10, 22:57
good news.

andyblac
14-10-10, 17:23
1: Samba access to \\bm750harddisk causes laptop blue screens or just wont browse, never seen an issue before on any enigma device. (fine on FTP) The only thing I have done is enabled TimeShift and will check if this is causing any issue. I cant believe no one has this issue or is it no one uses samba in vix 1.1.

i don't seem to be having any issues with the leatest image (solo 1.0b & Duo 1.2b), but i have recoded loads of stuff, so maybe i have fixed things without knowing, or i just did not have any problems to start with.

2: How autotimer locks the machine when doing an update. I turned off the egg timer but if you happen to do anything that co-encides with autotimer update you have to wait till it finishes. I know this is not a VIX issue, BTW the implementation of autotimer is excellent, the best out there...

yeah, nothing can be done about it, apart from changing the interval how it checks. i have mine set to once a day, if i add a autotimer i just manually update the list)

3: Edits in skins seems to lead to lots more crashes than it used to... I had made tons of edits pre VIX and crashes were rare. In VIX with similar edits green screens is the norm. I cant say if this is to do with all the VU / enigma driver updates or not as I had not used new drivers until switching to VIX.

just make sure your editing skin for OE1.6 they are different, also be careful of the Infobar screen's as i don't use the standard plugins to display the extra sat info, so you will need to copy this from our skin.

andyblac
02-11-10, 15:17
ViX 1.2 has been realesed