PDA

View Full Version : Updating to latest image

duoduo
12-07-13, 17:56
Hi all

I am trying to update from build 692 to 694, however when i press update and reboot i get the update in progress screen for 10 minutes and nothing happens so i reboot by holding down power button on remote. When it starts to reboot i get this on the box display; Booting 99. On restart everything works Ok but obviously not updated, has anyone else had this and how do i update, i have tried three times with same result.

Rob van der Does
12-07-13, 18:04
Do you have picons from the feeds installed?
If so, an update can take up to 30 minutes.
If you want to see what happens you can update via telnet:

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6
and watch the output.

duoduo
12-07-13, 19:53
Hi Rob, i installed my picons from the feeds recently i haven't had to wait so long for the last 2 software updates, is there any reason why the latest would be any different? Once the Soaps are all finished i will try again but just leave it and see what happens

Rob van der Does
12-07-13, 20:00
Hi Rob, i installed my picons from the feeds recently i haven't had to wait so long for the last 2 software updates, is there any reason why the latest would be any different?
That depends on the number of picons that has been changed. (over)writing many small files can take a long time.

duoduo
12-07-13, 20:19
That will probably be the reason then, i an using ocram picons which covers quite a few sats