PDA

View Full Version : RGB output on scart

Safwaan
12-07-13, 12:13
Hi all, I'm having some trouble setting up video output on this box and was hoping somebody could help: I have a HD1+ connected to a TV which does not have HDMI, it's connected to the scart however I am unable to get a RGB signal from the box. When changing the colour option SVBS, RGB both look the same(fuzzy colours), seems like I am only getting a composite output from this box.

It has the latest VIX image and when other devices are connected using the same cable an scart port on the TV I do get a RGB signal.

Anyone know how this can be fixed not sure if this needs a driver update? thanks

Rob van der Does
12-07-13, 12:18
I don't have that box, so I can't check. The only thing I could suggest is to see if you have a fully wired scart cable (because composite and RGB go over different pins) and if the TV input accepts RGB (open the TV menu for that while the scart is in use).

BTW: Many STB's support component over scart. I'm not sure if that applies to this box, but it's worth a try as that would present you an HD-signal.

Safwaan
12-07-13, 13:57
Hi Rob van der Does,

About the component over scart; I've created a home made cable using http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/lyris1/Componentdongleidea.jpg you were right it does send a component signal via scart, perfect, now getting 576p (it's an old CRT), thanks.